Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by CrowRifle
I am not a big gov repub. But we lament the assclown because he picks and chooses which laws to enforce, but praise Bundy because he does same.

I have no love for what the BLM is doing but I think Bundy does not have any legal ground to stand on.

This will not end well for Bundy or NV.

It's this simple.

Do you care if Bundy's cows eat some grass?

I don't,...and I don't think much of anybody does.

In fact,..anybody who objects to a cow eating public grass is a nut, in my book.

That chit'll grow back.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
"The basic fact is that Bundy is violating Federal law."
Precisely so, it's the disobedience in Civil Disobedience.
Like sittin' or [bleep] were a sign says you ain't welcome.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
The Feds: Okay,...your cows can eat grass,...but you gotta slide us a little money here and there.

Bundy: Well,..*grumble*,...okay.

The Feds: We've changed our minds. There's this turtle, ya see,...

Bundy: That's enough,...fug you.

The Feds: Now we have to kill you.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
When you get right down to it,..there ain't a hell of a lot of difference between a commie and a big government republican.

Both groups want the government to have the power to run roughshod over the people for any number of things.

Maybe those things aren't the same,...but both groups want the government to be the people's master.

Us Patriots just want the government to leave us alone.

Why is being left alone so much to ask?
I agree.Both the right and left go toward tyranny.We dont have to go there.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
No I don't care, and I thinks its crazy as hell that the situation has devolved to this point.

But we are a nation of laws. Do we get to pick and choose? We could say the same about poachers that steal arroyo cactus from state parks.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by jdm953
When you get right down to it,..there ain't a hell of a lot of difference between a commie and a big government republican.

Both groups want the government to have the power to run roughshod over the people for any number of things.

Maybe those things aren't the same,...but both groups want the government to be the people's master.

Us Patriots just want the government to leave us alone.

Why is being left alone so much to ask?

If we followed the U.S. Constitution, and had a government that did, it pretty much wouldn't be an issue.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

But we are a nation of laws.

,..and the laws are written by people who assume that they are our masters.

This chit was addressed back in 1776.

In a free society,..the people shouldn't have to go through it more than once.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
True,how we gonna get it back?Can we?

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
It's like this.

The government doesn't own the land.

They say they do,...but they don't.

The people own this country.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
This is

the people's

damn

country.

the people's

damn

land.

IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
True,how we gonna get it back?Can we?

Probably not,.....too many commies and big government republicans running around in America for it to be free, these days.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Wrong, and this isn't what Bristoe said. He said the left of the Republican Party (whether we're talking Rockefeller Republicans or Neocons) are as bad as the Democrat left. Left refers to a desire to see more and more matters being handled at the national level rather than by either local government or the private sector. Right means you oppose the centralization of government power, and favor allowing local government or the private sector to manage most matters.

This conceptualization of left and right goes back to the post French Revolutionary period, and remained unchanged till WWII. University intellectuals saw that the events of WWII, and those leading up to it, were causing a general condemnation of leftism throughout the world, and they sought to head that off by reconceptualizing left and right to this notion of both extremes leading to centralized, authoritarian, tyranny, which is nonsensical on its face.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Yeah its our land, but even so there must be limits. I do not want farmers grazing cattle on the outer banks here in NC destroying the habitat. You gotta respect that.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
States decision.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Wrong, and this isn't what Bristoe said. He said the left of the Republican Party (whether we're talking Rockefeller Republicans or Neocons) are as bad as the Democrat left. Left refers to a desire to see more and more matters being handled at the national level rather than by either local government or the private sector. Right means you oppose the centralization of government power, and favor local government or the private sector manage most matters.

This conceptualization of left and right goes back to the post French Revolutionary period, and remained unchanged till WWII. University intellectuals saw that the events of WWII, and those leading up to it, were causing a general condemnation of leftism throughout the world, and they sought to head that off by reconceptualizing left and right to this notion of both extremes leading to centralized, authoritarian, tyranny, which is nonsensical on its face.

That's too complicated.

Boiled down,...both the commies and the big government republicans want the government to be an authority which enforces their plan for the world.

Freedom loving patriots don't want the government to be an authority figure.

If government has to exist,...it needs to consist of bean counters,....not tyrants.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Yeah its our land, but even so there must be limits. I do not want farmers grazing cattle on the outer banks here in NC destroying the habitat. You gotta respect that.

So,...some of the people of North Carolina needs to buy the Outer Banks and prohibit cattle from grazing on it.

The Feds assume ownership of it now,...and they're trying to prevent people from even walking on it.

I was out on the Outer Banks during the government shutdown,....and people weren't allowed to walk on the beach,...technically.

But the local authorities saw it for the bullshit that it was and looked the other way.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by spanishhombre
The basic fact is that Bundy is violating Federal law. Whether you hate Obama or love Bundy is immaterial. We are a nation of laws, if we are not the BLM will be the least of our problems...

I completely agree.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Wrong, and this isn't what Bristoe said. He said the left of the Republican Party (whether we're talking Rockefeller Republicans or Neocons) are as bad as the Democrat left. Left refers to a desire to see more and more matters being handled at the national level rather than by either local government or the private sector. Right means you oppose the centralization of government power, and favor local government or the private sector manage most matters.

That's too complicated.

Boiled down,...both the commies and the big government republicans want the government to be an authority which enforces their plan for the world.

Freedom loving patriots don't want the government to be an authority figure.

If government has to exist,...it needs to consist of bean counters,....not tyrants.

'Simplicate and add lightness' is a motto among flyers.

Maybe and image can do that here:

[Linked Image]

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by kingfisher
This was more than a rebellion against the BLM. I think a majority of Non-entitlement Americans are so fed up with the federal government. The likes of Obama, Holder, Reid, Pelosi and the lack of media are detroying this country. If shots were fired this may have been the spark to take it all the way to Washington. I think a certain percentage are hoping. This will not be the last time. I think it opened a can of worms and the movement will grow with each situation like this. Eventually its going to happen. A large percentage of the American people who are not liberal.... are not taking it anymore.

Bundy was an entitlement American beyond the wildest dreams of most liberal welfare grabbers.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
As previously mentioned,...I think a good turpentine party would go a long way towards righting the wrongs in America.

Take the commies,...line 'em up,..point 'em towards North Korea, then bend them over and scrub their azzholes with a turpentine soaked corn cob.

Then cheer as their legs churn them off in the direction of commie land.

Make the event open to patriots.

"Turpentine a commie for mommy!, the sign would read.

Maybe make it an annual event that takes place on the 4th of July.

Ha, ha. Yeah. Uh I mean no. That would be mean. Boy, I sure hope Antlers or Robbinghoody don't see your post. shocked

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Page 15 of 20 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

505 members (1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 257 roberts, 219 Wasp, 160user, 2500HD, 57 invisible), 2,183 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,396
Posts18,506,899
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.