Hop To
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Buck_
Originally Posted by spanishhombre
The basic fact is that Bundy is violating Federal law. Whether you hate Obama or love Bundy is immaterial. We are a nation of laws, if we are not the BLM will be the least of our problems...

I completely agree.

droolers,.... both of ya.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Oh, I guess I best go chunk all those incandescent bulbs I bought for the next eon.

What am I to do when .gov illegally makes it illegal to have a gun?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by toad
Originally Posted by kingfisher
This was more than a rebellion against the BLM. I think a majority of Non-entitlement Americans are so fed up with the federal government. The likes of Obama, Holder, Reid, Pelosi and the lack of media are detroying this country. If shots were fired this may have been the spark to take it all the way to Washington. I think a certain percentage are hoping. This will not be the last time. I think it opened a can of worms and the movement will grow with each situation like this. Eventually its going to happen. A large percentage of the American people who are not liberal.... are not taking it anymore.

Bundy was an entitlement American beyond the wildest dreams of most liberal welfare grabbers.

The instant that anyone claims that us not paying ever more is the same as taking from, or that us not paying ever more is a cost to the government, as have you, they have claimed all that we own, all that we can ever earn, and indeed us for the government. We have heard the same line for years from Obama and even longer from Pelosi about taxes, and your argument about fees is no better.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
so asking fair market value is 'taking'? wow...

600,000 acres of grazing for ~$750/month is an entitlement any way you dice it.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Bristoe
This is

the people's

damn

country.

the people's

damn

land.

Well, until the people re-define who owns what, the feds will rule the day.
Physical possession is a tough mountain to climb.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
so asking fair market value is 'taking'? wow...

600,000 acres of grazing for ~$750/month is an entitlement any way you dice it.

It's not an entitlement if it's the "people's land".

I swear,....there's no way to make it plain to you people.

Too many of you are hopelessly indoctrinated.

Their plan has worked,....

You accept being owned.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

It's not an entitlement if it's the "people's land".

"the people" are not just those who agree with you. it seems "the people" have spoken when the courts decided against Bundy twice.

Guns don't kill people, drivers with cell phones kill people.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
This is a nation of laws!! But you have to ask Holder and obama what those laws are - Every Day!! Some days this - Some days that.

Last edited by poboy; 04/19/14.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
I'm embarrassed for some of you people.

Somebody tells you that you're entitled to be free,...and you'll argue until you're blue in the face that you're not.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
"the people" are not just those who agree with you. it seems "the people" have spoken when the courts decided against Bundy twice.

I'm embarrassed for some of you people.

Somebody tells you that you're entitled to be free,...and you'll argue until you're blue in the face that you're not.

IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
IIRC, the state quit accepting his checks for payment of those grazing fees. Quite probably a legal maneuver instigated by Reid and his lawyers so suckers would say he's not paying the lease and can be kicked off.

His agreement was with the state, not the Feds.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If pressure from angry, armed people can over-ride court orders, presumably people with other political leanings can form their own militias to establish their own law? Then what, we have battles every time there's a disagreement, and Might makes Right?

The only poll I've see shows the public supports the Law over Bundy 2 to 1, and I think there would be a much higher spread if a scientific poll were run.

Alone in the Fortress of the Bears
70 Days Surviving Wilderness Alaska:
Foraging, Fishing, Hunting
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by eyeball
IIRC, the state quit accepting his checks for payment of those grazing fees. Quite probably a legal maneuver instigated by Reid and his lawyers so suckers would say he's not paying the lease and can be kicked off.

His agreement was with the state, not the Feds.

Not true. The state of Nevada never collected any grazing fees because it was Federal Land.

"The court found that Bundy and his father actually first began grazing their cattle on the Bunkerville Allotment in 1954,[7] and used it for several years.[7] They paid for cattle grazing again beginning in 1973 and ending in 1993,[7] when the last grazing fees were paid by Bundy"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundy_standoff

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
If pressure from angry, armed people can over-ride court orders, presumably people with other political leanings can form their own militias to establish their own law? Then what, we have battles every time there's a disagreement, and Might makes Right?

The only poll I've see shows the public supports the Law over Bundy 2 to 1, and I think there would be a much higher spread if a scientific poll were run.

You realize thats exactly how this country came to be.You would be a Tory.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by jdm953

You realize thats exactly how this country came to be.You would be a Tory.

The laws back then were made primarily by the British, now they are made entirely by Americans. See the difference?

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Dumbest thing I ever heard.The colonist were British.Get your eyes off legal and illegal and put them on right and wrong.They are not the same.Hell the NAZIs were legal.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Once I read a book about Alaska. Although I've never been anywhere near Alaska, I am pretty sure I know everything there is to know about Alaska.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by jdm953
Dumbest thing I ever heard.The colonist were British.Get your eyes off legal and illegal and put them on right and wrong.They are not the same.Hell the NAZIs were legal.

Word games don't change my point. Before the revolution, we weren't making our own laws, now we do. The American people decide what the laws should be and what is right and what is wrong. The law says Bundy is wrong and the majority of the American people agree, including me. If anyone thinks that the threat of violence from a tiny minority is going to win long-term in this case, they would be well advised to rethink things.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Originally Posted by poboy
Once I read a book about Alaska. Although I've never been anywhere near Alaska, I am pretty sure I know everything there is to know about Alaska.

If you have a point perhaps you can just make it. I've spent about a year of my life in Nevada and much of my life working with cattle. I'm pretty sure there are few topics any of us know everything about.

Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10gaugeman, 1234, 12344mag, 1badf350, 1beaver_shooter, 1eyedmule, 64 invisible), 2,481 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,417
Posts18,507,258
Members74,000
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.