Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#8797650 04/21/14
Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My DD is an 06 Rubicon. So I thought I would look at some of the new ones on the lots week or so ago.
Found a AEV with a hemi only $89,000
Found another AEV with the 6 for only $54,000
AEV builds special Jeeps, works big time with Chrysler on stuff. Expensive builds.
Then found just Rubicons (normal ones) in the $40,000's range.
Anyone of you guys have a 07 up, 4 door. How might they do on trails (real trails) ? Trails with big rocks in the road, benches 15" or so. etc.

Have to talk myself out of this

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
wtxj, i was looking at the aev's yesterday, whew! they are really cool, but expensive. been looking for a good used rubicon for a while now, if you see one let me know. rio7

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well Rio7, just got back from a dealership.
Not a lot of people know of the AEV's, both are very nice, the bluish silver ones.
But I don't need that good of one.
My 06 rubicon has 84,000 on it and is in fine shape. Two door, old small style. Not going to trade it, if I buy another.
But if for some reason I decide to sale it, you'll be the first for me to let know.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The 4drs. have problems with low breakover angles in the rocks. That's why most serious off roaders raise them, and go to larger tires. The 2dr. Rubicons don't need to have this done to do, say the Rubicon Trail. E

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for that info. The corp lawyers have hit the Jeeps real hard in the last 10 years. My LJ has those problems dropping off a ledge. Just not high enough with the 31's.
I was planning to lift it, but just never spent the 8,ooo for the life, wheels, tires, front and rear bumpers, corner and side protection, winch etc.
So I just kept it to the easy Colorado trails.
I'm way to old to try to climb too steep etc.
Going to let the young studs do that.
Going to Colorado this summer so any excuse is good for a different and new Jeep. Good place to loosen it up, break it in. smile

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
$40k for Rubicons? WTF is Jeep smoking?

[Linked Image]

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Foxbat
$40k for Rubicons? WTF is Jeep smoking?

Inflation?

Last diesel I bought was 36K, currently they are in the 60's.
I bought the current 06 for 32,000. I thought that was high.
When Jeep decided to make the 4 door to compete with the H1's of Chevy fame the price jumped.
What Jeep has done is keep a 4x4 that is a 4x4 around.
No IFS on a Jeep, wrangler that is, the rest are crap.
Real axles still on that machine.
Easy to lift if owner chooses to do so.
Just really that I'm have owned many Jeeps and I'm a Jeep guy (ford for the truck)
May not be able to find the color, trans, or the one I want.
We'll see.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Here's my current DD....2013 with 3.6 Pentastar and 6-speed. I traded in a 2009 with the good but not great 3.8 with a piss-poorly designed interior.

I've owned 4 Jeeps in my life, with 3 being 2-door Rubicons in the last 10 years. This one is by faaaaarrrrrr the best.....cuz:

1. Pentastar has a lot more torque than the 3.8. It doesn't lug down quite as well as the 3.8.......but still lugs down very well while being able to actually accelerate on the highway at over 45 mph. Great engine.......could still use more torque for a 4,200 lb vehicle.

2. Great interior design versus the 2009. Armrests bigger center and on the door, hiding the seat rails, steering wheel/lever design, buttons on the wheel instead of multiple levers, lots of cubbie holes, easier shifting.

3. Undercarriage tucked waaaayyy up under there for much great clearance versus the disastrous 2004 model that caught everything.

4. E-lockers versus faulty air lockers (2004) plus e-sway bar disconnect.

Great rig! The best I've ever owned.......pickup or Jeep.

[Linked Image]

Confucius say: He who angers you.......controls you.

My Lifestance is one of Secular Humanism.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My 2013 4dr Rubicon

[Linked Image]

35" Nitto Trail Grapplers & a 3" BDS lift

[Linked Image]

==================================================

I'm a proud member of the BGE cult ... yes, I consider myself an EGGHEAD
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have shared this before but it may have been in a PM......a couple years ago my dad gave, yes gave away in a craigslist ad...a frame, front axle, rear axle, 304 amc motor, th400 with amc bolt pattern auto tranny, quadratrac transfer case......

and front and rear axle, a 360 amc motor, and a transmission and transfer case from and 84 grand wagoneer.

Not the greatest rock crawling equipment, but someone got a hell of a deal on lots of jeep parts.

don't ask about the 75(?) cj-5 he sold for $3500........

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Junk
Each
Every
Part

Just
Emty
Every
Pocket

Sean
Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter
Here's my current DD....2013 with 3.6 Pentastar and 6-speed. I traded in a 2009 with the good but not great 3.8 with a piss-poorly designed interior.

I've owned 4 Jeeps in my life, with 3 being 2-door Rubicons in the last 10 years. This one is by faaaaarrrrrr the best.....cuz:

1. Pentastar has a lot more torque than the 3.8. It doesn't lug down quite as well as the 3.8.......but still lugs down very well while being able to actually accelerate on the highway at over 45 mph. Great engine.......could still use more torque for a 4,200 lb vehicle.

2. Great interior design versus the 2009. Armrests bigger center and on the door, hiding the seat rails, steering wheel/lever design, buttons on the wheel instead of multiple levers, lots of cubbie holes, easier shifting.

3. Undercarriage tucked waaaayyy up under there for much great clearance versus the disastrous 2004 model that caught everything.

[Linked Image]

Like that color

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyBobby
My 2013 4dr Rubicon

[Linked Image]

35" Nitto Trail Grapplers & a 3" BDS lift

[Linked Image]

Yep, mine will more than likely be white.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by calikooknic
Junk
Each
Every
Part

Just
Emty
Every
Pocket

not sure about the top one......3 teenage boys flogged 2 of them really hard.....btw.......DO NOT buy 3 teen age boys a jeep or 4wd of any sort.

just empty every pocket............yeah they can be fun to ahem start the upgrades on...but most people can quit anytime they want to....... smile

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bubbajay
I have shared this before but it may have been in a PM......a couple years ago my dad gave, yes gave away in a craigslist ad...a frame, front axle, rear axle, 304 amc motor, th400 with amc bolt pattern auto tranny, quadratrac transfer case......

and front and rear axle, a 360 amc motor, and a transmission and transfer case from and 84 grand wagoneer.

Not the greatest rock crawling equipment, but someone got a hell of a deal on lots of jeep parts.

don't ask about the 75(?) cj-5 he sold for $3500........

Some did for sure. I've still got a 35c rear axle sitting outside when I pulled it to put a Dana 44 in a XJ. T-18 transaxle in the storage house for a 46 Willys. Son has the 46 at his house.
But I passed the fix em up stage. Let the young people do that now.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Junk
Each
Every
Part

Just
Emty
Every
Pocket

Kook,

Maybe you can tell us all what the acronym POT stands for? We all already know what CALI stands for......

Wtxj Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Junk
Each
Every
Part

Just
Emty
Every
Pocket

Let me guess, you drive a Chevy-----------

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Originally Posted by StripBuckHunter

[Linked Image]

Like that color

My 2009 was Stone white. I finally decided that white is plain jane, vanilla, mediocre, average, un-stimulating, and boring. Plus.......I wasn't gettin' laid in that Jeep.

So....instead......I bought one that is Puke Green.......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
SBH couldn't get laid in a morgue.....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Wtxj
Junk
Each
Every
Part

Just
Emty
Every
Pocket

Let me guess, you drive a Chevy-----------

Nope. '73 F100, Hunting buddy has a '94YJ. I haul camp, he drives trails.

I build drive lines and gears for the Jeep guys, they are never done.

Sean
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (12344mag, 1234, 10ring1, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 58 invisible), 2,898 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,796
Posts18,477,396
Members73,944
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.