Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
J
OBSERVE 'HOLLY MADDUX DAY' INSTEAD

Published: 04/14/2013 at 5:37 PM

More and more Americans are opting out of Earth Day in favor of a holiday that offers a chance to fight back against Marxism and political correctness.

The holiday, which is called �Holly Maddux Day,� is named after the young woman murdered by Ira Einhorn, a 1960s antiwar activist. Einhorn, who was a friend of Jerry Rubin and Abby Hoffman, is regarded by many as the founder of Earth Day.

Einhorn emceed the first Earth Day celebration in Philadelphia in April 1970, at which Sen. Edmund Muskie gave the highlight address. Einhorn, an advocate of free love and drug use, was instrumental in gaining the support of corporate America for Earth Day.

Einhorn bludgeoned Maddux to death in 1979, leaving her body to decompose in the same apartment where he entertained guests. After his arrest, Einhorn was defended by the liberal Republican senator, Arlen Spector. Einhorn fled to France, and after being extradited in 2002, was convicted of first-degree murder in the death of Holly Maddux.
�Holly Maddux Day� is celebrated each year to commemorate the loss of Holly Maddux and to reflect on the suffering of all those who met with persecution or martyrdom at the hands of totalitarian Marxist governments.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/observe-holly-maddux-day-instead/#m7gepHBRLbtOlpCv.99

Keep your gun-hand ready and your eyes peeled.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
why not do both?

the Earth will get along fine without us, if it comes to that.

Murder is not to be encouraged.

so let's do both?

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Gus

Then why do you need an Earth Day?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Uriah
Originally Posted by Gus

Got any other home planet?

Last time I checked, sportsmen were the original conservationists and "environmentalists". We damned sure ought to reclaim that title.

Last edited by 4ager; 04/22/14.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I just don't want to go back to toting groceries home in a paper bag when plastic bags are so waterproof, convenient, low-cost and available. ya know?

IC B2

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Gus

Last time I checked, sportsmen were the original conservationists and "environmentalists". We damned sure ought to reclaim that title.

I don�t need to have a different one; per Gus� original statement the Earth is not endangered so I then rhetorically asked why we need an Earth day?

I happen to agree that the Earth isn�t endangered but that�s beside the point, which you apparently missed. Something that�s not endangered doesn�t need protection.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think I'm beginning to understand. if not, please correct me.
it's about protecting us Humans. the Earth is fine.

we haven't even managed to fully define the human species, but we are quite close.

the Urth doesn't depend upon us, just the reverse.

so, what to do next, between now and the next Earth Day?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Plastic bags are banned in Austin. I smuggle 'em in from outta town.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Originally Posted by Gus

I don�t need to have a different one; per Gus� original statement the Earth is not endangered so I then rhetorically asked why we need an Earth day?

I happen to agree that the Earth isn�t endangered but that�s beside the point, which you apparently missed. Something that�s not endangered doesn�t need protection.

Do you protect your home? It's not technically endangered, right?

There are many things to celebrate or to recognize that aren't endangered. Perhaps I did miss the point: enlighten me.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Gus

we haven't even managed to fully define the human species, but we are quite close.

I agree that the humans need protecting�especially from murderous communist Earth (Urth?) worshipers.

IC B3

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U

There are many things to celebrate or to recognize that aren't endangered. Perhaps I did miss the point: enlighten me.

The Earth is not endangered; that�s one of the few thing Gus has ever gotten right. The premise that it is is just a pretext for the Left assuming control of our country by attacking it�s industrial base since they can�t achieve their collectivist goals through the ballot box. Well, they used to not be able to, at least�

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Gus

I agree that the humans need protecting�especially from murderous communist Earth (Urth?) worshipers.

OMG! just because I happen to enjoy, on rare occasion, a mesquite cooked porterhouse, T-bone or NY strip steak doesn't mean I'm not human, does it?

there's 7 billion people existing on the Earth, and cooperating with each other, more or less.

shall we pursue the subject a bit further?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Gus
I just don't want to go back to toting groceries home in a paper bag when plastic bags are so waterproof, convenient, low-cost and available. ya know?

Paper bags are your number 1 ecological issue?

Wow. "Urth" is doomed.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Gus

OMG! just because I happen to enjoy, on rare occasion, a mesquite cooked porterhouse, T-bone or NY strip steak doesn't mean I'm not human, does it?

there's 7 billion people existing on the Earth, and cooperating with each other, more or less.

shall we pursue the subject a bit further?

Gus, I think we can agree that you're not human. A human would have made a more logical response.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

The Earth is not endangered; that�s one of the few thing Gus has ever gotten right. The premise that it is is just a pretext for the Left assuming control of our country by attacking it�s industrial base since they can�t achieve their collectivist goals through the ballot box. Well, they used to not be able to, at least�

You missed the entire point about sportsmen being the original conservationists and "environmentalists", didn't you? I celebrate Earth Day because this is where I live, this is where I hunt/fish, this is what those I read and emulate (Roosevelt, Leupold, Bear, Hemingway, Ruark, O'Connor, etc.) did their thing, this is what I believe in, this is what I will pass on to my kids, this is the legacy that matters to me� That's why. All the political, left-right BS can stuff itself.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
4ager,

I didn't miss the point; I just disagreed with your premise. That's allowed, right?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sure. I just never saw you address anything other than the political spin on it, so I wasn't sure if you'd even seen the other.

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I use to deer hunt in a ton of counties. I still do, but not near as many as I use to.

housing and increased sub-divisions of land (loss of habitat) is taking it's toll.

at what scale of landscape should we engage the argument?

I can't hunt outside my back door any more. whose fault is that?

we can talk, but will talk help at this late date in the development of the vowld?

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by Gus
I use to deer hunt in a ton of counties. I still do, but not near as many as I use to.

housing and increased sub-divisions of land (loss of habitat) is taking it's toll.

at what scale of landscape should we engage the argument?

I can't hunt outside my back door any more. whose fault is that?

we can talk, but will talk help at this late date in the development of the vowld?

Why don't you the give up your house and convert it to a wildlive refuge. Or is it just other people who's presence and shelter you begrudge?

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I don't begrudge anyone from shopping at wallyword, the publix, the Kroger, the aldi, and numerous other purveyors of goods & services for a profit to meet the needs of the Eaters.

profits enable the delivery of goods & services.

I'd like to see some big deer, bred & offered for sale. we could utilize genetic engineering to meet demand.

Eating the Urth is just a piece of propaganda offered by the scare people. we're not eating the Earth, we're here to make profits and gain market share. Big deer, sold for big prices, now we're talking.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

256 members (2500HD, 160user, 17CalFan, 257 mag, 1OntarioJim, 222Sako, 23 invisible), 1,832 guests, and 951 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,368
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.