-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Earl48, You need to get the chip off your shoulder. Other than that, welcome to the fire and thanks for your service. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
GB1

W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Originally Posted by milespatton
Earl48, You need to get the chip off your shoulder. Other than that, welcome to the fire and thanks for your service. miles

I agree, while it was not necessary for Seafire to mention the guy was black I assure you that you are the only one who actually are looking at it as racist. We all know Seafire and know the contributions he has made to this forum, his community and his country. Thank you for your service but get over it. Your group of Marines are not the only bunch who pulled together to save each others necks regardless of race.

Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
[quote=milespatton]Earl48, You need to get the chip off your shoulder. Other than that, welcome to the fire and thanks for your service.....

Gentlemen, I totally agree with your post and thanks for the welcome. Refreshing that you gleaned the same inference that I did. I do believe Seafire is a good person now. He has contacted me. I take him at his word.
Edmund Burke quoted, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
I really don't have a chip on my shoulder, however I have to point out an unfair/unjustified attack on a group of people because of the antics of one.
Enough! I'm ready to talk reloading. I don't post much, but read all. Great site here.

Last edited by Earl48; 04/26/14.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Earl48 that is good enough for me. Welcome to the fire. Tell us a bit about what you hunt/shoot and reload for? Mostly deer and groundhogs for me. Past that just punching paper out to 300 yards.
Been reloading for close to 30 years. It is my favorite hobby.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by WSM_Shooter
Earl48 that is good enough for me. Welcome to the fire. Tell us a bit about what you hunt/shoot and reload for? Mostly deer and groundhogs for me. Past that just punching paper out to 300 yards.
Been reloading for close to 30 years. It is my favorite hobby.

Earl. +1 here. Welcome to the fire. I'll take you at your word and will join in saying thank you for your service. My father served during WWII in the South Pacific in the 2nd Division and I have enormous respect for all things USMC related and those who wear the Eagle, Globe and Anchor.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Earl,

couple of good points made...

Dealing with folks in the service ( the Corp in your case), bottom line, they are all Marine Corp Green...

I grew up as a military dependent, on top of spending a little time serving my country also...I admit to when being around military personnel, that is the exact environment I was raised with...but I also look at folks differently in the civilian world, regardless of their skin color or ethnicity or religious background etc....

You also did stumble on the point, that the only real reason I was mentioning this guys race at all, is that the store is frequent by other forum members... and did want to point out he needs a wide berth....if he was the fat white guy with the beard, I'd have pointed that out instead...

I have brought it to the store's management... from the dept head to the store's general manager, in private discussions..

was pretty much told that they couldn't fire him for any reason short of stealing from the register or products...

been away this weekend at a Boy Scout event, so just getting home and seeing this after dinner here...

but I would like to personally thank you for your understanding...offending anyone was not my intention, and I am sure someone probably pointed out my involvement on support of veterans and especially some of our campfire members, who were over serving our nation in the SandBox...

Thanks for your understanding ( once more) and thank you for your service ( accompanied by a salute of respect, from one vet to another)...

best regards
seafire

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by drover
You would think that Remington would put a "caution" on the 6-1/2's to make folks more aware of the potential issues.

drover

There is a caution on the boxes sitting on my bench.

It reads, "WARNING: Do not use 6 1/2 small rifle primers in high intensity rifle cartridges such as the 17 Rem, 222 Rem, and the 223 Rem. Damage to your firearm and/or serious personal injury may result."

I bought a bunch during the first shortage and shoot them in my 9mm.

Goofy aka graybird on other forums

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning"
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Good point, Imgoofy. I was unaware of using the 6� primers in pistols but I've not had much experience in hand loading for pistols.

Last edited by OSU_Sig; 04/30/14.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Earl48
Seafire, you are racist!!! I fully understand the point about mis-informed salesman. I, however, don't see where the race of the Salesman was relevant. It, on the contrary, shows you already had a bias. I'm sure you've ran into quite a few white, gun store clerk equally ignorant. It is your element, within the second amendment fight, that discourage minority support. You probably aren't qualified to do whatever job you have and try and justify your lot in life on some misguided sense of unfairness. You most probably would have been more effective with that situation if you would have come across less pompous! For all the good people on this forum, let's not fall for his race-baiting! His agenda has nothing to do with helping some guy get the correct primers for his loads.

Apparently Seafire is a sexist too, he mentioned that the clerk was a GUY. I also believe there is some age discrimination going on since Seafire mentioned something about going to and OLDER clerk, as if age meant knowledge.

Seafire, you racist, sexist, age discriminating SOB......

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Seafire was just "painting the scene" for us. Like all good descriptive writers. The words used in his description of the event was just to bring some realism into the post. Nothing more or less. Racist people always seem to find racist things about everything.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Bigot lover................

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Bigot lover................

Only if she is a hot chick!!

Oh, I mean a hot Women.

Gun Shows are almost as comical as boat ramps in the Spring.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Perhaps the OP should be banned for life and fined 2.5 million dollars.

Thanks for the reminder about the Remington 6 1/2 primers.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
I wonder how someone with 17000 posts has time to do anything other than posts.

I also know that there are lots of knowledgeable shooters/loaders/hunters out there whom have never herd of 24 hour or any other forum. A few posts does not make one uninformed

I discovered the amusing world of forums a few years while searching for some non technical information. They do get addictive, but I have another life.

Unless I know the sales person's credentials, I always assume his goal in life is to I sell something. Guns, cars, clothing, condoms, or whatever. I try to get my loading information from the makers, remembering that they also want to sell their stuff.

Good day,

Jack

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Some folks can type with 10 fingers.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Not a guy behind a counter but I did have a gunsmiths father tell me one time that you will actually shoot a better group with a 10mph cross wind because the wind makes the bullet work. I asked him if bullets get lazy on calm days and he just gave me a funny look.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Some seem to get by with two thumbs. grin

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 01Foreman400, 21, 63 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,213 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,454
Posts18,489,678
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.