-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I like the idea of a president who has not been a career politician. I want a president who actually represents the people who put him their. A guy who has started from the bottom, and worked him self up, a guy who has owned and operated a successful business, that he built up from nothing. Some one who can run this county with limited government interaction but take the "investment" of tax revenue and turn a profit for our country. Someone who will stop sending aid to every third world country when we don't have the money. Some one who will put a stop to paying to keep farm fields empty, stop funding for dumb government funded studies. I want some-one financially responsible who understands what "trust fund" means.

�The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!� � Thomas Jefferson
GB1

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
y'all know that Bob Dole has a 'withered' arm, right? Know how it got that way?
Bob might be out to lunch on a lot of issues, but personal courage and personal sacrifice are things he understands.

So this relates to people saying that he has nothing worthwhile to add to the conversation about potential candidates in 16 HOW????

Sam you waiting to hear McLame's opinion too, since he understands courage & sacrifice?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Yes. It's called the "halo effect". We love our war heroes, therefore they can do no wrong.

geez Pat, did I say he 'could do no wrong'? No, I did not. Lets stay focused on the issues.

Not you Sam...but lots of people suffer from the halo effect. For instance, I'm sure John McCain was a great POW, but he's not a good Republican, yet people still elect him.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Why would Rand Paul hope to have a chance in '16? Nothing separates him for his father, and the 'fire badly excoriated him in favor of a RINO loser in '12.

What was that about Paul bot?

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by WyoCowboy
I like the idea of a president who has not been a career politician. I want a president who actually represents the people who put him their. A guy who has started from the bottom, and worked him self up, a guy who has owned and operated a successful business, that he built up from nothing. Some one who can run this county with limited government interaction but take the "investment" of tax revenue and turn a profit for our country. Someone who will stop sending aid to every third world country when we don't have the money. Some one who will put a stop to paying to keep farm fields empty, stop funding for dumb government funded studies. I want some-one financially responsible who understands what "trust fund" means.

Yep.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Yes. It's called the "halo effect". We love our war heroes, therefore they can do no wrong.

geez Pat, did I say he 'could do no wrong'? No, I did not. Lets stay focused on the issues.

Not you Sam...but lots of people suffer from the halo effect. For instance, I'm sure John McCain was a great POW, but he's not a good Republican, yet people still elect him.

Romney was infinitely worse than the McCain, yet many voted for him. Apparently a lot of log burners at the 'fire like the idea of a Democratic president.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Nice, but why would THAT guy quite such a successful career...

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
McCain, Romney, Dole...they're all the same.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I would pose one question for Mr.Dole
How did all of that experience of yours work out for your presidential bid?

FJB & FJT
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Minimal experience has be a boost for Obama!

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
McCain, Romney, Dole...they're all the same.

Didn't your support and vote for Romney?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No and yes.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No and yes.

How would have electing a problem been beneficial for America, especially considering that Romney had signed gun control legislation?

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I see these 'less experienced' candidates as a much more viable choice than anyone currently out there.
I will also add that I think that Mark Warner Va. will be in the mix for the D's if not in 16 then in 2020.

FJB & FJT
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Where did all the Romney supporters and voters on the 'fire go?

Since they excoriated Ron Paul, I know that they'll vote Romney again before they'd vote for Rand Paul, for Rand Paul is a Paul bot.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SansSouci
No and yes.

How would have electing a problem been beneficial for America, especially considering that Romney had signed gun control legislation?

How would voting for Obama be better?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

Since they excoriated Ron Paul, I know that they'll vote Romney again before they'd vote for Rand Paul, for Rand Paul is a Paul bot.

You sure are comfortable with the 'Fire for somebody that registered two days ago.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

You sure are comfortable with the 'Fire for somebody that registered two days ago.

And you've just explicated the foundation of Romney's blind support from the 'fire's log burners. It was all about emotionalism and defense of log burners' two pettifogging messiahs. Reason, logic, and common sense were relegated to pine riding in deference to blind loyalty to an illusion. I sure as hell that your Romney supporters and voters have learned a valuable lesson about blindly following two pettifoggers whom were probably Obama shills.

Refute facts, Itppowell, and not adolescent arguing ability. And I'd bet that were I to do a site search I'd find your support of a gun controller who was every bit as bad as the scourge he had tried to unseat.

It is a condition of our republic that Romney supporters were able to destroy the candidacy of an authentic patriot in preference to a Democrat wearing an elephant cloak.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
No and yes.

How would voting for Obama be better?

Are you implying that Romney was better than Obama?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

470 members (06hunter59, 12344mag, 219 Wasp, 2ndwind, 1badf350, 257 roberts, 48 invisible), 1,773 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,036
Posts18,520,993
Members74,023
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.