Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Bundy's lie about ancestral grazing rights.

Looks like some good reportings been overlooked.

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Mainstream media doesn't mind when Obama lies to us, so why the hell would they care if some old farmer does?

Something clever here.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a lot of bad behavior going on by both sides of this mess, and few people can bring themselves to recognize it.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Your link leaves more unsaid than said and it's a strictly anti-Fox organization. Peddle your BS somewhere else.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
A liberal site that was created to debunk anything Fox News airs.

Now, that's unbiased media we can all believe. Wow.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This has been posted before though. It looks like his "1880s" claim might be BS.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
N
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I've watched/listened to him speak.

I don't think I'd buy a horse from the guy.

Best thing he's got going for him is the fact that it's him vs .gov

Federal gov over reaches and destroys everything in it's path, people love to hate them (myself included).

So, it really doesn't matter if the guy is fulla chit. He's an instant hero for defying the government.

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Federal gov over reaches and destroys everything in it's path, people love to hate them (myself included).

So, it really doesn't matter if the guy is fulla chit. He's an instant hero for defying the government.

Good analysis.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Oh, I doubt the guy would lie about something like that that was so easily proved wrong. More likely, he was related through his mother's side (as he claimed if you read what he actually said)to the people his dad bought the ranch from. And if his grandmother was born in the area in 1901, presumably his great grandparents lived there at the time. So, I would imagine that they got there in the late 19th century just like he said. I'm not going to count on the media to report that accurately.

It is kind of like saying, "I've lived in this town for 100 years." And someone retorting, "Wait just a minute. Records show you didn't purchase your house until 1978."

4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by toltecgriz
Your link leaves more unsaid than said and it's a strictly anti-Fox organization. Peddle your BS somewhere else.

Looks to me like the BS has been peddled for some time, on this site already. The site I posted quoted a local news report.

Your hero is just a liar, and a thief.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by northern_dave

Yep.

I haven't heard an articulate or convincing statement from Cliven, or his family, that backs his cause.

That's not to say I don't have issues with the 1993 ruling in favor of the turtles.

It's convoluted dilemma with lots of wrongs ... on every side. And a few right ones too.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by 4100fps
Originally Posted by toltecgriz

Looks to me like the BS has been peddled for some time, on this site already. The site I posted quoted a local news report.

Your hero is just a liar, and a thief.

Let me know when he is convicted of, or even charged with theft of any sort whatsoever.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/23/14.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Basically anything a conservative may say or have reported by the media, liberals will try to discredit. (Much as 4100 is doing)

Cliven's daughter may know a bit about things.

My great grandpa bought the rights to the Bunkerville allotment back in 1887 around there. Then he sold them to my grandpa who then turned them over to my dad in 1972.

Further research indicates a long history as well.

http://www.jeffhead.com/bundy-ranch.htm

(If you take the time, that link is a pretty good history of the troubles on that place, as well as the timelines involved.)

Background History:
Nevada joined the Union in October 1864. The Bundy family began ranching in Clark County, Nevada, where they currently still ranch, in 1877.

The US Constitution is very specific on the requirements it takes for a US territory to appy for statehood and join the Union. Once those requirements are met, the state can be formed and accepted into the Union. Such was the case in Nevada in 1864.

However, as was the case in several western states, when Nevada became a part of the Union it ceded control of vast areas of its territory, which was to become part of the soverign state of Nevada, over to the Federal government. Back then, most of that land was considered waste lands and not worth monitoring or maintaining. Of course, now we know that was not the case.

Just the same, beginning in 1933-1934, during the Roosevelt administration, the Federal government (who at the time, like the rest of the country, was in need of operating funds), decided to cause ranchers in these western states to pay a lease to the Federal government for the use of that land as an avenue to increase revenues. The leases were low, and the ranchers did not envision the government of the United States ever considering to take away their property rights and freedom. Almost all ranchers, including the Bundy family, complied. But, as we shall see, it was a mistake to pay those leases just the same. As far as I can ascertain, the leases were renewed every ten years. So, right up through 1993, the Bundy family paid the Federal lease for 60 years, nearly the same length of time they had lived on and operated their ranch without any lease before the 1933-1934 time frame.

So, after living on the land, ranching it, earning their livelihood and providing for the family, and raising a good product of beef cattle for the market, and doing so for upwards of fifty-six years, the Bundy family began paying a lease for land that they had lived on. worked, and ranched as their own.
And they did so, for sixty years.

Through the end of the Depression in the 1930s, through World War II in the 1940s, through the Korean War and the 1950s, through unsettling times and the Vietnam War (though out in Nevada, such social upheavels were of little impact) in the 1960s and 1970s, through the Reagan years in the 1980s, and finally into the 1990s, now under the Clinton Administration.

That was when things changed.

It's pretty clear that the Bundy family had indeed run cattle on that area for a long time, and when the 160 acres came up for sale, they added that to the kitty as well.

Not ALL facts are revealed by deed research. Do one on yourself and you'll see.

But a liberal report with closer ties to environmental sympathies than facts can spin it any way they want to.

Lord knows a liberal reporter would never lie, would they? smile

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Bundy's lie about ancestral grazing rights.

Looks like some good reportings been overlooked.

So, who let ze ro lie? You?

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Let me know when he is convicted of, or even charged with theft of any sort whatsoever.

Hell, show me where even the government disputed how long the family had ranched the area. Surely THAT came up in court...?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure what he's going to get charged with, but I'd guess he's not going to get out of this thing unscathed.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Yeah, only 30 years ago, there were 52 ranchers and ranches running cows on that allotment. The article even says that Bundy's grandparents owned a farm in Mesquite. So, I would imagine they ran cows on that allotment from that farm.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I'm not sure what he's going to get charged with, but I'd guess he's not going to get out of this thing unscathed.

I think you are exactly wrong. Up until now, he has represented himself. The government has been shooting a fish in a barrel. I'm sure that by now, he has been contacted by at least two dozen high profile attorneys and law firms who would fight over the chance to represent him pro se if necessary. The last thing the government wants to do is charge him with something and allow some of these high profile attorneys to actually get in there and scrutinize and bring to the light of day some of the things they have done. The publicity would be unreal and it might just go all the way towards creating the legislative groundswell that would abolish the BLM. With a Republican Congress being a near certainty and a Republican president being a real possibility, particularly if it is of the Rand Paul or Ted Cruz type, the BLM is going to tread very carefully until it figures out what the new lay of the land will be.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Yep, at a cost of $1 million per week for .gov goons the BLM was going to spend many millions to collect what now boils down to $250,000 worth of grazing fees rather than the $1 million amount the BLM lied about.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Here's the Las Vegas news cast report.

Bundy claims untrue

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

177 members (12344mag, 1lesfox, 300jimmy, 219DW, 007FJ, 14 invisible), 1,402 guests, and 899 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,870
Posts18,478,702
Members73,947
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.