Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
4100fps Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I think this quote from Bundy says a lot. I know a few posters on 24 hrs that will agree with him.

But if the federal government has moved on, Mr. Bundy � a father of 14 and a registered Republican � has not.

He said he would continue holding a daily news conference; on Saturday, it drew one reporter and one photographer, so Mr. Bundy used the time to officiate at what was in effect a town meeting with supporters, discussing, in a long, loping discourse, the prevalence of abortion, the abuses of welfare and his views on race.

�I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,� he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, �and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids � and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch � they didn�t have nothing to do. They didn�t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn�t have nothing for their young girls to do.

Continue reading the main story
�And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?� he asked. �They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I�ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn�t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.�

A spokesman for Mr. Paul, informed of Mr. Bundy�s remarks, said the senator was not available for immediate comment. Chandler Smith, a spokesman for Mr. Heller, said that the senator �completely disagrees with Mr. Bundy�s appalling and racist statements, and condemns them in the most strenuous way.� A spokeswoman for Mr. Abbott, Laura Bean, said that the letter he wrote �was regarding a dispute in Texas and is in no way related to the dispute in Nevada.�

New York Times on Bundy

I wanted to take a scalp, but the kill was not mine.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I don't "condemn in a most strenuous way" lots of ideas liberals find offensive. He happens to be right about some of that there, but go ahead and ignore that.

If people would just quit being so politically correct and hyper sensitive for the sake of throwing their arms up and screaming, "See! See! They're racists!" they might actually realize there's some truth being spoken by folks still using more than the stem of their brain.

Last edited by Fireball2; 04/24/14.

LOL
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
he could have put it a bit more articulately but in essence i think he is saying that if you give people no reason to work, they will devolve. idle hands are the devils tools so to speak. and deep down, are they better off than if they were put into servitude? reasonable question, but the human factor makes it less cut and dried and there is more reasonable solutions than slavery.

My diploma is a DD214
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by rem141r
he could have put it a bit more articulately .

Why? No need.

Camp is where you make it.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

564 members (1234, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 22kHornet, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 63 invisible), 3,449 guests, and 1,055 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,589
Posts18,532,385
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.