24hourcampfire.com
-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello Everyone We at S&I Arsenal did a review on a moderatly priced AR and her is the link hope you Enjoy please subscribe and comment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6U6dMlj8MI you will have to copy and the link sorry Please let us know what you think and subscribe to our channel more new and exciting videos coming soon

Last edited by SIArsenal; 04/24/14.
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
For Christ sake how about putting some eye protection on your kid!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Really....?? Appears to just be a function test? No proper bench rest equipment for accuracy? Any AR will pass that test?
what are you selling?

Come on America,
Athletes and actors are not heroes, only soldiers, airmen,marines and sailors get that respect�and let's add firemen and LEO's

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
dude, you have got to come up with more than that, I give you 1/2 star out of 5.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice pattern anyway.

I could wish a lot of things on my worst enemy but neuropathy ain't one of them.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Seems like the gun is reliable with cheap steel cased ammo.

Though safety glasses did need to be worn IMHO.

Accuracy sucked, but being they were not smart enough to use proper rests and even try out some half way decent ammo, one will never know how accurate(or not ) that gun really is.

Pretty pathetic for a review IMHO.

But they probably don't realize over here there are many top level AR shooters that demand accuracy and reliability out of a gun. Not just a blasting gun.

No mention of price, that would have been interesting.

That would be very respectable group... at 1000 yards.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not sure what to take from that video

It doesn't make me want one.....that's for sure

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Dang. Just dang.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Just because you can, don't mean you should...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SIArsenal
Hello Everyone We at S&I Arsenal did a review on a moderatly priced AR and her is the link hope you Enjoy please subscribe and comment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6U6dMlj8MI you will have to copy and the link sorry Please let us know what you think and subscribe to our channel more new and exciting videos coming soon
Sir, no disrespect meant; just honest criticism from a former gunwriter.

Eye protection...you really ought to know better. Firearms have protection for the shooter built in if you blow a primer or have a case failure. If eye protection is worn, any incident is likely to result in superficial wounds. If eye protection isn't worn, someone usually loses or has a badly damaged eye. I see you were wearing, he should to as should anyone on the range.

Review - A PROPER review should include proper technique at the bench, 5 shot groups of various ammo. I always fired 5 groups from each different ammo. It takes time, and it's boring, but that's how you do it.

Next, you ought to talk about what makes that particular rifle unique, and why anyone would want it vs. some other brand. Balance value against price.

Next time you read a gun review, pay very close attention to the detail and background provided and that will help you with future reviews. And work from a checklist when doing video reviews so you don't forget anything.

Here's a very brief review I did years ago on an Arsenal AK; you might find it helpful (or not): http://shootersjournal.net/ak-review-arsenals-sgl-20-ak-in-7-62x39/

IC B3

OP Offline
Gentleman, Thank you for the replies It was discussed during editing about my son's eye protection and we decided to go with it knowing there would be backlash, This is not or was it ever meant to be a sales pitch, so cracks like that are useless
and uncalled for we are not professional marksman,just some family guys doing what we enjoy. it was only a range test for accuracy and a video so that some guys who can't afford the big name guns might find an alternative The price of this weapon from Bearcreek Arsenal was $500 and came with a hardcase it can be seen on classicfirearms.com. and it was the first video ever done and if we continue I am quite sure things will get better. and if ya'll choose to or not follow the channel, I really do apperciate what most of you said especially you Gungeek thanks for the honest and professional assessment.

Last edited by SIArsenal; 04/24/14.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
people worry too much about the eye protection. I always have glasses on so its no biggie for me. doesn't the ejection patter seem incorrect on that gun?? overgassed?? to me it doesn't look any better than the $425 palmetto parts gun I built a while back.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
people worry too much about the eye protection.

I wasn't sure this could get worse, but it did. Wow.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
My God cowboy what a really stupid statement.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Good lord......there's so much Fail in that video I don't even want to start.

Please get your son in some eye protection though.

Last edited by MontanaMarine; 04/24/14.
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I'll give you a thumbs-up on the MOE handguards though. I like them too.

A bipod, rear bag, and a (shorter) 20rd magazine make a reasonably stable platform for quantifiable accuracy testing.

This low cost Franken-build shoots most ammo into 1.5" or maybe a little better at 100 yards.

[Linked Image]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
these threads are sort of like a slow motion train wreck.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Gentleman, Thank you for the replies It was discussed during editing about my son's eye protection and we decided to go with it knowing there would be backlash, This is not or was it ever meant to be a sales pitch, so cracks like that are useless
and uncalled for we are not professional marksman,just some family guys doing what we enjoy. it was only a range test for accuracy and a video so that some guys who can't afford the big name guns might find an alternative The price of this weapon from Bearcreek Arsenal was $500 and came with a hardcase it can be seen on classicfirearms.com. and it was the first video ever done and if we continue I am quite sure things will get better. and if ya'll choose to or not follow the channel, I really do apperciate what most of you said especially you Gungeek thanks for the honest and professional assessment.

When I first saw the video I thought it was a spoof. Then I realized that you were trying to be serious. The cracks may be a bit cruel but go post over on M4 carbine and the ridicule will be intense and personal. There was no accuracy shown in this video. If you think you shot this gun and it was accurate in your eyes then you have not been around guns very long.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Please let us know what you think

Well, here goes nothing...

Internet Posts
-Introduce yourself. Before I value your opinion, I have to know who you are and what your background is.

-Have someone proof read your internet posts. It's probably just me, but when I read stuff like this it makes my eyes bleed and I immediately begin disregarding all of your opinions.

Hello Everyoneeveryone. We at S&I Arsenal did a review on a moderatlymoderately priced AR and herhere is the link. hopeHope you Enjoyenjoy. pleasePlease subscribe and comment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6U6dMlj8MI you will have to copy and the link sorry"You" should have had a capital Y, you left out "paste" in copy and paste, "Sorry," would have fit better at the beginning of the sentence and there was no period. But none of that matters because the whole sentence was unnecessary (the link did work). Please let us know what you think and subscribe to our channel. moreMore new and exciting videos coming soon.

Videography
-Don't shout at the camera. We're all friends, you can just talk to us. Get an external mic if you need to or edit the volume later.

-Get a tripod so the camera isn't shaking and wobbling everywhere.

-Looking at the side of someone's head while they sit in one place and shoot is like watching paint dry. At least put the camera behind the shooter so we'll see him and the target. Or put the camera down range so we'll see the shots impacting the target (at least then we would've known which shots belonged to what ammo).

-Put the camera on the same level as what you're filming, not hovering above the shooter or target.

-Don't do so much editing while you're talking. If you're talking and mess up, just start over. All the editing makes the video very choppy.

Actual Testing
-As everyone else has said, wear eye-pro. For crying out loud, wear eye-pro. This isn't about you posting a video without it, it's about you letting your kid shoot without it (WHILE THERE WERE GLASSES LAYING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU).

-The only thing I learned from your video was that the rifle was capable of firing 50ish rounds without exploding.

-50ish rounds isn't an evaluation. It's not even a function test. If you don't want to pay for more ammo, see if the manufacturer will pay for some.

-You stated "This is about 25 rounds and there's 25 rounds that hit the target from this Bear Creek Arsenal." Well, how many did you shoot...how many is "about 25"? 25? 30? You ought to know. And what are you considering the target...the black circle or the paper backer? There's only 21 holes in the black circle. If you're talking about the circle and the paper backer, prove that there's 25 because I see a ton of holes in the paper and none of them are marked to let me know which shots are from that string of fire.

-The second string with the Federal 5.56 aren't the holes you pointed out. Those were already there from the BB ammo, you can see the same holes from the first target in the video. Take the time to at least mark your hits. But seriously, it's not that hard to just put up a fresh target.

-If you're going to do an accuracy evaluation on the gun, then at least give the gun a fighting chance at succeeding. Set up a good rest for the gun and make yourself as stable as you can. And stop slapping the trigger like it burned your biscuits. Just looking at the target, the accuracy is abysmal. But I can't tell if it's the cheap foreign ammo, you slapping the trigger, the gun wobbling around in the air, or what is causing the inaccuracy. So, I still know nothing about the inherent ability of the gun.

-Accuracy is quantifiable. "About X number of rounds hit the target" tells us nothing. How many rounds were fired? Was the barrel hot / cold? How fast did you fire? How large was the group? What type of optic did you use?

-Ideally, I should be able to watch your review and then duplicate the same tests on my own range to see how your product compares to what I already own. That's how I'll decide if I should buy what you're recommending.

-The ONLY thing you told me about the AR is the manufacturer and that you put a Magpul foreend on it. Five minutes of video told me absolutely nothing about the AR itself. Here's a couple of things I'd like to know after watching a review...
*Who makes the gun and what's their background in firearm's manufacturing?
*What materials are used in the gun? What buffer, gas length, bolt steel, semi / full auto carrier, is the barrel chrome lined or nitrided or..., how was the trigger quality and pull weight, what about the extractor spring / O-ring?
*What's the retail price?
*Where can I buy one?

-How did you come to the conclusion that this is one of the best deals on the market? What other inexpensive ARs have you compared it against? What is the criteria for the comparison?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I just cannot love an M-4 barrel or the length. A middy is the shortest I will ever go again. So many M-4's and I'm not seeing anything new here. M-4's are for the military wanna be's. Let's see something new. How about a 6x45 in a middy lightweight? kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (21, 160user, 10Glocks, 204guy, 219 Wasp, 76 invisible), 14,779 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,085
Posts18,541,560
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.