-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
where is the rest of the story???.....lets see ...a old man get grilled by his girlfriend in in his own home ....and says/talks like he ALWAYs did ....she records it ...(listen to the whole recording) ...not just the little bit the media is giving out .....she just happens to be buddy's with m-Johnson... m-Johnson and his investment group are looking for a ball team to buy (yahoo news)....there is none to buy ...NOW their is !!! wa-la the board bands this loser for life and now they are to take a vote / on breaking up his ownership...... Oprah Winfrey ...just said on the radio that she is not interested in a ball team ...but she "has a friend"......... THIS WHOLE THING SMELLS BAD ....

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Screw Sterling because he OWN's a team full of over-paid degenerates. Screw the NBA 'cause, well, just 'cause its the NBA, and white people shouldn't contribute to that schidt anyway.
Well I've tried and tried to keep you off the ignore list because every now and then you have something worthwhile to say. But your constant racist remarks just gets you in ignore. You have the right to be racist POS, but I have a right to not listen to anything you have to say.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Look, I'm the first one here on this forum to be offended by racism. What he said wasn't cool, and I think the guy has a history of racist remarks; probably isn't even all that nice of a guy.

But this is going too far. The punishment doesn't fit the crime by any stretch of the imagination.

Hit the guy with a big fine or waive the fine if the sells the team. But this is just ridiculous.

There was no crime you [bleep] king dumbass, you must have some mud dog blood or something in you. If a man wants to call them kneegars more power to him. You can bet your ass everyone of these coon mfers that are raising hell have no problem with calling white people wtf ever they want to call them. And how is it that it's ok for them to call one another kneegars? You can get offended all you want , that's what's wrong with this [bleep] up world. Everybody gets their little feelings hurt and everybody is suppose to bow down and kiss the black mans feet. If I were Mr Sterling I would call a press conference from my living room and tell em all to go to hell and then I would call Wells Fargo to deliver 2.5 million dollars in pennies and tell the commissioner to shove em up his ass. Now that you got your feelings hurt run on down to the welfare office and wait with your homies to get y'all's EBT cards refilled while wearing your authentic NBA gear. [bleep] king dickhead

Eating twinkies and playing Xbox live with Boococky is how I roll!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by isaac
Banding a NBA owner for life?

I'm not confident that will be the ultimate outcome.

I agree, first I heard the NBA has thrown out the 1st Amendment, apparently just for white folks. I think He'll pick up more than 2.5 Million when he sues them and wins.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Offending people is now a crime.

Actually, having an opinion is a crime.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by efw
Look, I'm the first one here on this forum to be offended by racism. What he said wasn't cool, and I think the guy has a history of racist remarks; probably isn't even all that nice of a guy.

But this is going too far. The punishment doesn't fit the crime by any stretch of the imagination.

Hit the guy with a big fine or waive the fine if the sells the team. But this is just ridiculous.

How do you even fine the guy for saying something in the privacy of his own home?

This whole thing shows that there is no such thing as freedom of speech or private property (unless there was a clause I his ownsersh contract that relates to damaging the NBA brand?) rights.

Remember the old adage, "I may not agree with what you say but will defend to the death your right to say it"?

This country is lost.
You're confusing right to say it with right to say it with impunity.

He most certainly has the right to say anything he wants. But it doesn't mean he gets to say whatever he wants with impunity.

The NBA is a business organization that does a good deal of their business with the black community. Most in the entertainment industry have clauses for conduct to be associated with the organization, and the release of that tape appears to violate such a clause. So he can't expect to not have anything happen. But this is WAY too severe, especially when you consider the circumstances.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Screw Sterling because he OWN's a team full of over-paid degenerates. Screw the NBA 'cause, well, just 'cause its the NBA, and white people shouldn't contribute to that schidt anyway.
Well I've tried and tried to keep you off the ignore list because every now and then you have something worthwhile to say. But your constant racist remarks just gets you in ignore. You have the right to be racist POS, but I have a right to not listen to anything you have to say.

BOOO-HOOOO. I would cry in my beer but I still have to workout.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
That's one confused old white boy.

Goes on a rant to his girlfriend about her hanging out with blacks while she is partially black.

Could he not get a white gold digger? Or is it a certain shade that he's OK with. Or is it just black guys banging his gf that's the problem.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Only if you consider Jews white.

I can assure you, they don't consider themselves Goyim.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wisturkeyhunter

Goes on a rant to his girlfriend about her hanging out with blacks while she is partially black.

Could he not get a white gold digger? Or is it a certain shade that he's OK with. Or is it just black guys banging his gf that's the problem.

I somewhat feel for the guy, and don't at the same time. Racist remarks is a pattern with him, so he's dug his own grave in that regard. But it sounds like he was a bit embarrassed that his younger hot (at least to him) wife was seen with much younger gentlemen who were black. I sense he felt a bit threatened because...well, he's old, white, and crusty.

I think given the circumstances, the NBA was WAAAAY too harsh on him.

IC B3

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Would have liked to have seen someone ask the NBA commissioner if Odummy had any input that had a bearing on there decision.

S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
The courts will have a field day with the NBA. Ignorance is not against the law and who has a signed release to have aired the video footage on national TV . Like mentioned already, theirs been many racist remarks and attacks on white players by black players that have amounted to nothing.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
The chicky isn't his wife, it's his girlfriend. He's still married although estranged from her.
It's interesting that he gets banned for life from the NBA but he isn't involved other than being an owner. And, this isn't the first time he's made racist remarks so why now all the blow back?
Also, since it's punishable in the NBA to be racist, what are they going to do about the black player who recommended they have a black only league? This racist crap cuts both ways. And, since we're on this slippery slope, what's next, religion? Homophobia?
Where does it say in our Constitution you have a right to not be offended or a guy can't think what he chooses?

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
This is long from over. The guy has deep pockets, and can afford a lawyer or two. This might get very expensive for the NBA by the time it's all over.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is long from over. The guy has deep pockets, and can afford a lawyer or two. This might get very expensive for the NBA by the time it's all over.

Exactly my thinking. He may sue them for a Billion.

It could be the beginning of the end of the NBA and that would be fine with me.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I think that Mr. Silver just stepped on his own dick.

I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
=============

Go dance to the oldies with Richard Simmons then, jelly roll.

[bleep] retard.

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by isaac
=============

Go dance to the oldies with Richard Simmons then, jelly roll.

[bleep] retard.

Start posting some of your impressive workout times/lifts over in the backpack hunting forum. I'm certain we'll all be wowed by your prowess.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Remember what Al Davis did to the NFL, sure cost them a pretty penny , think it might happen again. I bet there are several hired guns just waiting for the call. Just saying. Cheers NC.

don't judge until you have walked a mile in other persons' moccasins'
SUM QUOD SUM........HOMINEM TE ESSE MEMENTO
I
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I
Who's "we'll", cupcake?

The folks who laugh at your dumb ass or the two folks that give you a atta-boy, plus one when grandma is taking a bath?

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

571 members (222Sako, 10gaugeman, 224th, 219 Wasp, 1_deuce, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 58 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,396
Posts18,527,874
Members74,031
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.