Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
[Linked Image]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Sounds like advice from the same people who thought up the great society.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
My son is also in Juijitsu. His coach tells him, three Ts. Talk, tell the bully to knock it off and walk away, if it continues, tell, tell an adult(this is the CYA part), third if it continues, Tackle.
Its amazing how fast some of these kids can throw an arm bar on some other kids, that even know its coming. Rear naked choke is also a good one.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
Originally Posted by heavywalker
So my daughter (Kindergarten) comes home with a worksheet about bullies and how they learned to deal with them in school. Worksheet asks that the parents go over the "steps" of dealing with a bully and re-enforce them in our kids.

Step 1: Tell the bully that you don't want any trouble.

(Well since that has never worked in the history of bullies, logically there is a step two)

Step 2: Back away from the bully and make sure not to turn your back on them, while again saying you don't want any trouble.

(Perfect show the bully that you are afraid of them and beg for mercy)

Step 3: Do the smart stance?

(WTF is the smart stance you ask? My daughter had no idea BTW, so I guess they even failed at teaching there own stupid system, so I had to look it up.)

Smart stance explained-
Apparently if you the first two genius ideas don't work you are supposed to place one are across your chest at a 90* angle and take your other arm and place it vertically so that your fingers touch your nose. photo attached for visual.

[img]http://bullybusteroc.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/smart-stance.jpg?w=204&h=300[/img]

Step 4: Tell a teacher or an adult what is happening.

(So after the bully kicks your ass you go tell a teacher.)

So I read the thing and ask my daughter if anyone bullies her. She said yes one kid in the class bullies everyone. He throws rocks at people at recess every day. I ask her if she has tried the things in the work sheet and she said yes, then I asked her if they worked? She answers no, he just keeps throwing rocks at people once he is out of trouble.

I told her next time he throws rocks at her to pick up an handful and pelt the little bastard in the face with them. That is how you stop a bully, told her I would never get her in trouble for defending herself.

She then tells me that one kid did throw rocks back and the bully in question ran off crying and has not thrown rocks at that kid since.

WTF is wrong with people that they would teach kids to be such puzzies, instead of standing up for themselves.

Ask TRH he is anproud member of the system that profers this nonsense

So, I gather you don't have any junior donut eaters yet? Surely you'll opt for private edukashun for them when they come along.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 16penny

Great vid. That little punk had it coming.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 16penny

That's awesome!!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
So my daughter (Kindergarten) comes home with a worksheet about bullies and how they learned to deal with them in school. Worksheet asks that the parents go over the "steps" of dealing with a bully and re-enforce them in our kids.

(Well since that has never worked in the history of bullies, logically there is a step two)

Step 2: Back away from the bully and make sure not to turn your back on them, while again saying you don't want any trouble.

(WTF is the smart stance you ask? My daughter had no idea BTW, so I guess they even failed at teaching there own stupid system, so I had to look it up.)

Smart stance explained-
Apparently if the first two genius ideas don't work you are supposed to place one are across your chest at a 90* angle and take your other arm and place it vertically so that your fingers touch your nose. photo attached for visual.

[img]http://bullybusteroc.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/smart-stance.jpg?w=204&h=300[/img]

So I read the thing and ask my daughter if anyone bullies her. She said yes one kid in the class bullies everyone. He throws rocks at people at recess every day. I ask her if she has tried the things in the work sheet and she said yes, then I asked her if they worked? She answers no, he just keeps throwing rocks at people once he is out of trouble.

I told her next time he throws rocks at her to pick up an handful and pelt the little bastard in the face with them. That is how you stop a bully, told her I would never get her in trouble for defending herself.

She then tells me that one kid did throw rocks back and the bully in question ran off crying and has not thrown rocks at that kid since.

WTF is wrong with people that they would teach kids to be such puzzies, instead of standing up for themselves.

HW, I would take those ideas given your daughter to a meeting with the principal. Then say this is what zero has been trying with Putin. Ask if it's working.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Take_a_knee
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Smart stance explained-
Apparently if you the first two genius ideas don't work you are supposed to place one are across your chest at a 90* angle and take your other arm and place it vertically so that your fingers touch your nose. photo attached for visual.

Ask TRH he is anproud member of the system that profers this nonsense

So, I gather you don't have any junior donut eaters yet? Surely you'll opt for private edukashun for them when they come along.
private skool on $13.96 an hour????

Hope the lil mrs works.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I turned my kids loose after a long discussion with the VP. He thought maybe my son should have a lower profile. I told the VP about his 2 brothers. His twin, 6" taller and 30 lbs heavier and his younger brother with the temper and deep natural willingness to defend family over any slight. i told the VP that anarchy would reign with that attitude and the other kid needed to stop. It didn't so Jon and Steven caught the kid bullying Matt right after school. It actually got a little bloody. We went dirt bike riding on their suspension day.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Smart Stance:

The Smart Stance is the answer to the Dumb Distance! The actual stance is based in a Strong Stance, and one hand is crossed over the chest at a natural 90 degree bend of the arm, and the other arm is vertical, with an your index finger touching your nose, and your thumb touching your chin. The stance looks almost as though you are deep in thought, pondering something interesting. The hands are very strategically placed when in this position, because the arm that is vertical, is in position to block a hit to the face, and the arm that is across the chest is right there ready to block as well. This way, at a Dumb Distance, you have your vitals protected, and you can use the hand that is vertical to turn towards the bully with the palm out at that short distance, using it as a non-verbal �Back off� or if that hand is turned to the side and up in a questioning gesture, it can communicate a �what�s up, what do you want?� The Smart Stance is a great defensive stance, because you already have your hands positioned in a place where you can use them, as opposed to getting caught in a Dumb Distance with your hands down, where movement of your hands up can be taken as a form of aggression, potentially sparking an attack from the Bully who is looking for any excuse to pounce.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
^^^^^^^^^^^^^copied from the innanet^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I guess a subtle defensive position that is easily taught to youngsters.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Not a bad posture, nor bad reasoning behind it. But, I doubt they teach that reasoning to the kids.

And FAR more important, I'm SURE they don't the ability, and ESPECIALLY not the WILL to resist force / protect themselves.

It's almost as if the teachers (or at least the administrators who probably thought this schidt up) should have to endure a thorough and spirited ass whooping, to have a chance to reevaluate this li'l program. wink

FC

"Every day is a holiday, and every meal is a banquet."

- Mrs. FC
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DaddyRat
Smart Stance:

The Smart Stance is the answer to the Dumb Distance! The actual stance is based in a Strong Stance, and one hand is crossed over the chest at a natural 90 degree bend of the arm, and the other arm is vertical, with an your index finger touching your nose, and your thumb touching your chin. The stance looks almost as though you are deep in thought, pondering something interesting. The hands are very strategically placed when in this position, because the arm that is vertical, is in position to block a hit to the face, and the arm that is across the chest is right there ready to block as well. This way, at a Dumb Distance, you have your vitals protected, and you can use the hand that is vertical to turn towards the bully with the palm out at that short distance, using it as a non-verbal “Back off” or if that hand is turned to the side and up in a questioning gesture, it can communicate a “what’s up, what do you want?” The Smart Stance is a great defensive stance, because you already have your hands positioned in a place where you can use them, as opposed to getting caught in a Dumb Distance with your hands down, where movement of your hands up can be taken as a form of aggression, potentially sparking an attack from the Bully who is looking for any excuse to pounce.

what absolute drivel!!!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
When my daughter was in the 6th grade, she was being picked on by a boy. I went to the principal and he poo pooed it. I told him that my daughter has my permission to take him out and he said that the school had a zero tolerance policy. I told him that I did too and also had a legal counsel team to back me up.

I showed my daughter how to take him out with a single hit to the temple and sent her to school. The next day she was harassed and took him out. She went to the principals office (per my instruction) and told him to call me. I went to the school told a POS principal I told you so and brought her home for the rest of the day.

No more bully BS after that.

JD338

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
you have to be willing to fight to use the smart stance.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm glad my kids are out of HS. They never needed to use the correct method.

220 Swift still king.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
my son got picked on, i showed him what to do, the bully was taken away in a ambulance and he spent 2 months in alternative school but he was never pick on by anyone again.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Yep, bullies understand only one thing.....aggression.

I'd been having issues with a local kid that was bullying and harrassing me at school. They even started sending lumber supplies, diaper service, and even contacted Child Protective Services and told them we were being abused and that started a field investigation.

Of course they had no idea that my Grandfather was a former Judge in the area, they just thought I was a transplant from the South. My father contacted an old friend of my Grampa's, the current Juvenile Jiudge, explained the problem and he sent a couple boys to talk with these miscreants and their parents.

All those shennaingans ceased, but the personal bullying intensifed.

Many years ago while a young man, it was one of my Summer chores on the Farm to split wood for the upcoming Winters usage. One Summer day while spliiting seasoned Oak with a double bit axe, said bully came by while I was home alone, both folks working, and proceeded to tell me that since I wasn't getting any "nookie" from my girlfriend, that he and his buddy were going to go find her and "take some for me"!

Had my best friend not been there that day and stopped me, I can honestly say I would have buried that double bit axe clean through his sorry azz skull and split him like a piece of Maple!

His attitude changed immediately but I was having none of it.....this bastid was gonna die......he scrammed out of there, and I eventually cooled off.

He never bothered me again.....ever. Hell, several years later he started calling trying to be my friend and apologizing for his actions. He even wanted to BS about guns and shooting because he knew I liked that.

I've always tried to instill in my children ( I have been a single parent for many years) to try to avoid problems by not being in places where trouble could be expected, but that if they should find themselves in trouble that they needed to get aggressive enough, fast enough!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
There is a kid that is in my sons grade that has "ADD". He likes to randomly punch kids in the hallway and not in a playful manner. The "ADD" gives him a nice excuse and my son says no one can touch him. He has been suspended multiple times and I'm sure school is a lot more pleasant with him gone. I told my son some day some kid isn't going to care about his "ADD" and teach him a lesson.

I don't eat anything that didn't have a mother.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by kecatt
There is a kid that is in my sons grade that has "ADD". He likes to randomly punch kids in the hallway and not in a playful manner. The "ADD" gives him a nice excuse and my son says no one can touch him. He has been suspended multiple times and I'm sure school is a lot more pleasant with him gone. I told my son some day some kid isn't going to care about his "ADD" and teach him a lesson.

I'm sure there is a way to circumvent the "no one can touch him" bit.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10Glocks, 22250rem, 160user, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 1Longbow, 67 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,286 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,477
Posts18,489,976
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.