Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
If I was the Commandant of the Marine Corps I'd send in a platoon down their and extract my Marine.

I love that scene!

As far as the OP is concerned, you get what you get, and you don't throw a fit.

I've yet to meet a cop that can catch me (Mexican or otherwise) and that is the secret to life. It ain't Jesus, it ain't vinegar, it ain't education.

It's getting away with schit and not crying when you can't.

Travis

travis, i know you are a long time, devil-may-care, say-what-you will member, but your comment disappoints me. if what the marines say, is true, he don't deserve this. to hear you speak, you have never called on, or needed anyones help in your life. i hope that, if you ever do need something, there is someone there to help you.

keith

Last edited by keith_dunlap; 05/03/14.

if a man speaks, and there isn't a woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

GB1

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The days of Chesty Puller authorizing Utility Liberty in Tijuana will never happen again.

If you can read, you can see it coming!

http://www.mtekweaponsystems.com/
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
It's a politicians world.

Sad chit, that.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Martinstucky
The days of Chesty Puller authorizing Utility Liberty in Tijuana will never happen again.

[Linked Image]

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny thing about mexico.. You do something stupid, they treat you like you're stupid. (Contrast that with our legal system)

It's astonishing that people demand special consideration under these circumstances.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Funny thing about mexico.. You do something stupid, they treat you like you're stupid. (Contrast that with our legal system)

It's astonishing that people demand special consideration under these circumstances.

Yep.

Anyone that is in the proximity of the border better have his head pulled completely out of his ass if he has guns or even a single .22 round in the vehicle. They are not making an "example" of this marine. They are merely doing what Mexicans do to Americans when they catch them with guns and/or ammo on their side of the border.

The thing he needs to do now is lawyer up...BOTH sides of the border and let the negotiations begin about what it will cost his family to have him walk across the border into their loving arms again. It won't be cheap. He has already lost all his possessions and vehicle... Now it's just the matter of how much money they can raise.

Nothing new here.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've long thought that the configuration of the 'Entry Ports' is a key element in these incidents,.....they're bloddy FUNNEL TRAPS and ,in the truest sense, "One wrong turn ......" catastrophes waiting to happen.

clearly we are ALLOWING the Mex. Aduana to pull this sorta' chit, in that we ALLOW their POEs to be thus configured.

Some sorta' 'last chance turnaround' lanes should be required by law.

My $.02

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Cars have brakes and hazard lights..

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Look, this young vet has PTSD, and I'd bet that he was medicated with God only knows what. Whether that's right or wrong is fodder for a different thread. I hire a "PTSD Vet", on (sometimes off) "Meds". GREAT young guy, but he's not exactly a textbook example of clear thinking, or wise judgement.

This young AMERICAN MARINE,...?

Yup, very bad call, poor judgement, even, "stupid"....

He needs a break, and some high powered help, NOW,... regardless.

GTC

Last edited by crossfireoops; 05/04/14. Reason: spelling

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure he'll be released after his family is extorted for everything they have.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by crossfireoops
Look, this young vet has PTSD, and I'd bet that he was medicated with God only knows what. Whether that's right or wrong is fodder for a different thread. I hire a "PTSD Vet", on (sometimes off) "Meds". GREAT young guy, but he's not exactly a textbook example of clear thinking, or wise judgement.

This you AMERICAN MARINE,...?

Yup, very bad call, poor judgement, even, "stupid"....

He needs a break, and some high powered help, NOW,... regardless.

GTC

Yep, and he'll get it, it won't happen fast, and it won't be cheap.. Trying to climb over a fence won't help, either.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by keith_dunlap

travis, i know you are a long time, devil-may-care, say-what-you will member, but your comment disappoints me. if what the marines say, is true, he don't deserve this. to hear you speak, you have never called on, or needed anyones help in your life. i hope that, if you ever do need something, there is someone there to help you.

keith

I wish him all the luck in the world but there is a reason you have to listen to a 45 minute briefing on what not to do before liberty begins.

It's TJ. Proceed accordingly.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco

Yep.

Anyone that is in the proximity of the border better have his head pulled completely out of his ass if he has guns or even a single .22 round in the vehicle. They are not making an "example" of this marine. They are merely doing what Mexicans do to Americans when they catch them with guns and/or ammo on their side of the border.

The thing he needs to do now is lawyer up...BOTH sides of the border and let the negotiations begin about what it will cost his family to have him walk across the border into their loving arms again. It won't be cheap. He has already lost all his possessions and vehicle... Now it's just the matter of how much money they can raise.

Nothing new here.

Bingo!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This is our partnership with mexico. Cool ain't it?

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So he deserves special consideration?

Why exactly?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You are right, [bleep] that S.O.B. and send up another 350,000 illegal wetbacks.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
Mexico is a third world chithole that is milking us dry. Their government and police forces are corrupt beyond scope.

Fugg 'em.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We don't want porous borders or people breaking laws as they cross our border so why should we expect Mexico to be any different.

I have spent a lot of time in Mexico and have crossed the border many times and never had a problem as I obey their laws. I would fully expect to be in a lot of trouble if I break one if their laws

Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
HS- I agree he fugged up.

I wouldn't hang around a crackhouse and expect it to be anything other than a crackhouse. I would expect chit to get bad real quick if things went sideways and plan accordingly.

Doesn't mean that I would treat the crackhouse the same as my other good neighbors.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Exactly..

I know if I get in trouble down there, I'm not going to want my legal help to get me out by arguing the US legal and immigration system suck balls.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

658 members (10ring1, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,764 guests, and 1,275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,420
Posts18,528,324
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.