-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm so sorry to hear this Birdy. I'll do as you ask tonight.

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I am so very sorry to say that a young man, just fourteen years old,has passed on this evening. We are a close family and his cousins and uncles and aunts all loved him very much.

My sister and her husband were unable to have children, suffering several miscarriages. Tho' not by any means wealthy, at great financial cost to themelves they adopted four siblings from an orphanage in Eastern Europe.

The three girls have prospered, all in college now, this young man was the youngest. I was his very coolest uncle, who came up every summer and showed him how to camp and shoot and sleep out under the stars.

Prayers please for my sister and her husband who adored this young man, and for my mom who lives on the same property. This will be a catastrophic blow to them.

As my mom said to me just now he was the sweetest and kindest of souls, who never did a mean thing to anyone. He came to see her every day. My sister's husband does farm work, and his son came with him at every opportunity, helping him in the fields.

Something happened at school maybe is all we know. The Catholics tell us that suicide is a mortal sin, perhaps God will have mercy on this young man, he surely deserves Heaven.

Thankyou everyone.

Mike

just saw this thread ,prayers sent for the whole family , Let GOD deside where he is and I hope you can find the reason for this tragedy,

norm

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Will pray for all involved.

And don't think the catholics know it all either.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I cannot imagine that heaven would be closed to someone who suffered such torment that they chose to end their life. It would seem that it would be just the place for a soul in pain to find love and understanding.

Your mention of something perhaps happening at school points up the great tragedy that people would treat someone in such a way as to drive them to ending their life.

My continued thoughts and prayers.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Damn BW, So sorry to hear this. I will pray for the family.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Crushing news BW. Prayers are on the way for all involved. So very sad.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
I will pray.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Prayers sent

Here, hold my beer and watch this!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by asphaltangel
The Catholics tell us that suicide is a mortal sin, perhaps God will have mercy on this young man, he surely deserves Heaven.

Thankyou everyone.

Mike

We don't know what his last words or thoughts were. We don't know what was in his heart. Only God knows and our God is a merciful God. We will be praying for broken hearts to heal as you and your family walk through this together. [/quote]

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Prayers sent.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
From S.E. Az.,

on the way.

So very, very sorry, Mike.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I'm so very sorry to hear that, Mike. Prayers lifted up for the entire family and his friends.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
Sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family. Anything you need please let us know. So sorry.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
sucks to hear Birdy, watched my daughter go through hell when one of her friends killed himself.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Prayers sent. May you and yours find the healing and peace that God gives. RIP young man.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Mike,

From the Catholic Catechism...

"We should not despair of the eternal salvation of persons who have taken their own lives. By ways known to him alone, God can provide the opportunity for salutary repentance. The Church prays for persons who have taken their own lives."

No matter what drove this young man to a permanent solution to a temporary problem there is HOPE for his soul and salvation.

I, as we must do, pray for a good outcome and his eternal Salvation.

Hope is the key and our Lord can even at our judgement offer the healing of pain that drove this youngster. We can pray that he accepts this healing.

God Bless you and yours.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Bird,

Hope you're holding up. Prayers are still being offered for you and your family.

To everyone else,

We can open a new thread to discuss religious differences. This ain't the place.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Brian put it well, Mike.
Prayers sent from here for all involved, and for the young man's soul.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
What a painful thread, I have nothing but do wish all involved the best through these times.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I will be praying for all of you Birdie. I am so sorry to hear of his passing.

Jim

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 49 invisible), 2,270 guests, and 1,146 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,510
Posts18,490,768
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.