Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Very scary, glad you are ok. I bought one of those RCBS hammer things, used it one time and thought, "There must be a better way." Which is the RCBS collet puller...

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Funny thing, I have blown up more guns than kinetic pullers...

Those Colts come unglued pretty easy.

Stick with Uberti.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Funny thing, I have blown up more guns than kinetic pullers...
I've never blown up a gun and this my 1st time with the puller that I've been using for 40 years. It's now retired. Once is more than enough.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
had a primer tube on a dillion blow yrs ago.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I never fail to be amazed at the IQ deficiency on this forum!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mjbgalt
easiest way- put the cartridge in the press, run it up through the press and grab the bullet with side cutter pliers. pull down on the handle and the pliers will stop against the press. gently pull down and the bullet comes right out. no damage to the bullet.

I use this method, but it leaves a mark and I dispose of the bullet. Cheap insurance to pull safely, and use a new bullet.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've always pulled with a Kinetic puller, gives one reason to rethink that process.

Thanks.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Cabelas called. I went to their site and put in a review on kinetic pullers saying they're dangerous. Their cust svc dept called for details and they say they're passing it on to their marketing dept.

― George Orwell

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i use collet puller

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Only scary time I had reloading was reloading trap loads on my Dillon 900. Somehow a live round had gotten in with the empties in the automatic feed. Being "nose heavy" with a load of shot in place, it went down the feeder tube nose first. When the decapping pin hit the primer...well, I was through loading for the evening. There was no damage done, the case blew out (banana peeled) from the case head to the bottom of the shot charge and it made a louder noise than you want to hear in your shop when you're reloading, but no damage done.

Mathew 22: 37-39

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm sure thankful for this thread. I decided when I started putting together what I needed for reloading to get a collet type puller instead of a kinetic puller.

I've made up some dummy rounds and now I guess I'll practice pulling bullets from them before I need to pull bullets from a live round.

Thanks for the thread.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Rock Chuck,

Thank God that you weren't injured.

I agree 100% with 16bore. I have used RCBS collet bullet puller w/o a single problem. What's better is that bullets are not damaged, and there is no mess. Just dump powder in a suitable container and the case is ready to load again.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
I had some 300 WSM rounds that were too high in pressure. I was pulling the bullets to redo them, using an RCBS kinetic puller. I was happily tapping away on a brick when a primer fired. It blew out of the primer pocket and flew across the room. The bullet was about 3/4 of the way out so there wasn't any powder near the primer so it didn't ignite. It scares me to think what would have happened if this had happened on the 1st blow when the powder was back against the primer.

I think I'll go shopping for a collet type puller. I've pulled a lot of bullets over the years with this thing without incident but I'll admit that banging on a live round has always made me nervous.
Wow, I gotta say I've never heard of that happening. I can understand the pucker factor...bet you had to bear down for a good while to chit your britches back out...and then change. SOOOO glad it wasn't worse.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Actually not on my bench. I do a vis check with a light to make sure all the powder is out (it often isn't) and then neck size again with the decapping pin out.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SansSouci
Rock Chuck,

Thank God that you weren't injured.

I agree 100% with 16bore. I have used RCBS collet bullet puller w/o a single problem. What's better is that bullets are not damaged, and there is no mess. Just dump powder in a suitable container and the case is ready to load again.
I resize them after dumping the powder with no decapping pin. I figure the bullet has stretched the neck enough to give an uneven tension.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
Actually not on my bench. I do a vis check with a lighter to make sure all the powder is out (it often isn't) and then neck size again with the decapping pin out.

Smart guy...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And I also clean up spilled powder with a propane torch..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Faster than a vacuum and eliminates the chance of a primer detonating in the roller of the vacuum...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GunGeek
... Wow, I gotta say I've never heard of that happening. I can understand the pucker factor...bet you had to bear down for a good while to chit your britches back out...and then change. SOOOO glad it wasn't worse.

I believe that it was in an old copy of Handloader that I saw a picture of a kinetic puller that had gone to pieces.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
WOW! I have probably pulled 2000/3000 bullets with a kinetic puller and never a problem. Guess it's time to retire it. Seems I've been lucky - so far.
Ironically, I have 5 collet pullers. Looks like they're going to be installed in my Hollywood turret press.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

296 members (160user, 222ND, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 12344mag, 1eyedmule, 24 invisible), 1,822 guests, and 1,086 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,828
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.