Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Well, like I mentioned in my post at hunters campfire about the great day my wife and lifelong love Sherri (Asphaltangel here) had at the drag strip, with me racing my hot rod Harley, my bride Sherri now wants to go drag racing! grin Please no one from here PM her about this, I want to surprise her if I can. She almost never looks at classifieds here so I THINK I can pull this iff. We are not neccesarily looking for a 10 second ground pounding full on race ready custom (although iif I can swing one, we'll sure do a deal!), more along the lines of a 70's era (Smogger) Nova with maybe a 307 (350 would be GREAT here) Firebird, Malibu, Chevelle, Mustang, etc. Whatever we get will get a bored out and likely stroker rebuild with some basic hop up parts from Edelbrock etc... If you have a street legal car - EVEN ONE THAT WILL NOT PASS A SMOG INSPECTION WHERE YOU LIVE - that you would trade us that is already pretty quick and in nice looking shape, I can add in some REALLY nice rifles to make a deal work. If this comes together, my sweetie will know that I sacrificed to make something she wants to do with me and have, come to a reality. This, and she, IS WORTH FAR MORE TO ME THAN ANY OF MY PERSONAL TOYS.

PM me with any ideas you have. My Can Am (Bombadier) ATV is an on demand push button 4x4, CV trans with AWSOMOE downhill braking power, about ten years old, but only has a couple hundred miles on it and a new battery. It is an Outlander 400 and hauls my 250lb butt plus gear plus whatever dead critter I pile onto it all over the place, with ease.

Depending upon the auto offered, (Sherri loves convertables and T-Tops) you might find yourself owning my full custom and completely gorgeous 416 Rigby, one of my full custom older Sako's in 222 or 223, my very deadly 340 Tyrannosaur, a handgun in 10mm auto or a Smith and Wesson 329PD 44 Magnum, who knows? I need to turn these things into something that Sherri can enjoy and/or more easily sell upon my eventual demise from my two kinda serious diseases anyway.

So, who here has some sort of V-8 dinosaur rusting away or collecting dust in a garage or carport, and would rather have my quad with possibly some really nice firearms thrown into the mix? (Guns are depending upon the car and its value, of course)

Last edited by safariman; 05/07/14.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by safariman
Well, like I mentioned in my post at hunters campfire about the great day my wife and lifelong love Sherri (Asphaltangel here) had at the drag strip, with me racing my hot rod Harley, my bride Sherri now wants to go drag racing! grin Please no one from here PM her about this, I want to surprise her if I can. She almost never looks at classifieds here so I THINK I can pull this iff. We are not neccesarily looking for a 10 second ground pounding full on race ready custom (although iif I can swing one, we'll sure do a deal!), more along the lines of a 70's era (Smogger) Nova with maybe a 307 (350 would be GREAT here) Firebird, Malibu, Chevelle, Mustang, etc. Whatever we get will get a bored out and likely stroker rebuild with some basic hop up parts from Edelbrock etc... If you have a street legal car - EVEN ONE THAT WILL NOT PASS A SMOG INSPECTION WHERE YOU LIVE - that you would trade us that is already pretty quick and in nice looking shape, I can add in some REALLY nice rifles to make a deal work. If this comes together, my sweetie will know that I sacrificed to make something she wants to do with me and have, come to a reality. This, and she, IS WORTH FAR MORE TO ME THAN ANY OF MY PERSONAL TOYS.

PM me with any ideas you have. My Can Am (Bombadier) ATV is an on demand push button 4x4, CV trans with AWSOMOE downhill braking power, about ten years old, but only has a couple hundred miles on it and a new battery. It is an Outlander 400 and hauls my 250lb butt plus gear plus whatever dead critter I pile onto it all over the place, with ease.

Depending upon the auto offered, (Sherri loves convertables and T-Tops) you might find yourself owning my full custom and completely gorgeous 416 Rigby, one of my full custom older Sako's in 222 or 223, my very deadly 340 Tyrannosaur, a handgun in 10mm auto or a Smith and Wesson 329PD 44 Magnum, who knows? I need to turn these things into something that Sherri can enjoy and/or more easily sell upon my eventual demise from my two kinda serious diseases anyway.

So, who here has some sort of V-8 dinosaur rusting away or collecting dust in a garage or carport, and would rather have my quad with possibly some really nice firearms thrown into the mix? (Guns are depending upon the car and its value, of course)

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
66 Mustang Cpe with 289, AT, PS needs restoration but NO rust and an honest 100,000 miles. The family bought it new in 1966 at Richardson-Lovelock Ford in Reno. Runs strong and had heads done at about 75,000. Front & rear bumper damage that any re-chrome shop can repair.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by luv2safari
66 Mustang Cpe with 289, AT, PS needs restoration but NO rust and an honest 100,000 miles. The family bought it new in 1966 at Richardson-Lovelock Ford in Reno. Runs strong and had heads done at about 75,000. Front & rear bumper damage that any re-chrome shop can repair.

PERFECT! PM incoming!

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B2

RDW Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It would be far easier to put your ATV and guns up for sale and then go buy a car with cash in hand.

Dave

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
This stuff is bizarre......

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Have a deal in the works, but if someone else has some old American Iron aka a Detroit Dinosaur (especially a firebird, Nova or similar - some of Sherri's favorites) sitting around that they would like to trade, let me know here and / or in a PM.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mark,
This is what you want. Economy and style. Mmmmm Hmmmm! grin

[Linked Image]

LOL
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Lawdwaz
This stuff is bizarre......

+1

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Probably more efficient for each in a couple to have their mid life crisis at the same time....more fun sharing the bizarre together?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Think about it carefully Mark. Drag racing is not a cheap hobby. BTDT...

Performance enhancements, safety, suspension, brakes, tires, etc... adds up quick. Not to mention everything breaks. You complained about the hardship of getting tires for your old lady's daily beater. Imagine the cost and upkeep for drag racing.

Not to throw cold water on you nor dispersions, but based on your financial and medical situation you've reiterated numerous times to the campfire, it simply wouldn't be prudent.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Save yourself the headache and dig a hole in the back yard and just burn money in it from time to time. Cheaper and less work.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Good points all, my friend.

I think that running a mostly stock car in the Sportsman Class only should not be all that bad. Performance enhancements will be merely cam, carb, intake and headers. Nothing more. In Sportsman Class no special safety gear is needed as the speeds are not very high, especially on our 1/8 mile track.

Sherri is back to working 3/4 time since her surgery now, and plans to go to full time in January as her recovery continues. Our very hard times of last winter are easing up.

I know that his Summer will likely be m last and only one of being able to race, unless I get a Kidney pretty soon and recover quickly from that surgery. But there is something about having mostly failed cyst enlarged, painfull as all get out Kidneys and a small tumor in one's brain that cannot be operated on until (and if) a kidney is found and successfully transplanted... that causes a guy to want to live to the fullest his condition, energy and pain will allow, for as long as he can.

If, while doing so I can make some great memories with my sweetie, than so much the better.

Each of us handles or comes to terms with such things differently. This is my way, live 'till I die.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Mark, you really should sit, think, pray and prioritize. Financial and health difficult times are not the time to pick up a new (expensive) hobby.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Did not know the exigent circumstances, God Bless. A bucket list of living yet to do, and you're doing it. Rock on.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal
Did not know the exigent circumstances, God Bless. A bucket list of living yet to do, and you're doing it. Rock on.

Thank you. That is how I am seeing and living it.

Each time I went to Africa or Alaska, I was told that I was doing it at the wrong time in my life. Know what? I am GLAD that I went, each and every time! Now, I am financially and physically unable to do what I did then. What if I had listened to the 'experts' or my ex wife. I would NEVER have gone, either place, even once.

I choose to live a different way, and pushing the envelopes has always been my MO and style.

As well, this is me giving up something that I always wanted (my quad), to bless my wife. One never knows how many opportunities he has to do that. I have already had two heart attacks. My sweetie will be well cared for and know how much I love and care(d) for her.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
So what are the real details on the quad and a cash price? Probably too rich for my blood, but I'm curious.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I had not thought of a cash price. I bought it from an older gentleman (about 80) up North of Spokane who used iit a little to tend his long driveway and small orchard. It had, IIRC, about 800 miles on it when I bought it, might have 1,000-1200 on it now with two tune ups and a new (EXPENSIVE! Dry type!) battery in between. original tires etc but they are in great shape. 400cc's Outlander model, red, On demand/push button 4WD. Everything looks and runs perfect and almost new.

I traded a pile of guns for it, do not know the real retail value on it. PM me your cell phone number and I will send you some pictures via that mode.

P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I used to drag race, very expensive. Its your money so do what have to do. I have a 73 nova but I doubt you have enough guns to get that one, its my baby.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 270cowboy, 17CalFan, 1badf350, 48 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,332 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,712
Posts18,475,420
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.