Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Hello all, I'm selling two excellent condition Hilleberg tents. I am the original purchaser and both tents have been used once only. The reason I'm selling them is simple...I'm a Hilleberg addict. smile I've owned the Saitaris, Saivo, Tarra, Unna, Soulo, Nammatj 2 and Nammatj 3GT. I'm simply selling these so I can afford to try some more Hillebergs.

The new cost of the Nammatj 3 GT is $865, + $96 for the footprint. I'm asking $750 shipped to CONUS. Price includes the footprint and all items included from the factory. The color is SAND.

The new cost of the Soulo is $645, + $58 for the footprint. I'm asking $550 shipped to CONUS. Price includes the footprint and all items included from the factory. The color is GREEN.

The are incredible prices for the condition of these tents, and price is non-negotiable. The first PM or email with words to the effect of "I'll take it" gets it. Emails showing interest, asking for additional info, etc., are fine, but I've learned through past sales that it is only fair that the serious buyer meeting the asking price gets first dibs.

I prefer Paypal payment and inquiries through my email at:
blackhawk5150yahoo.com
...But I will also accept cashiers check/ money order. These tents look just like what you see on Hilleberg's website. I can try to get some photos added to this post, however, I don't have any at the moment.

GB1

Z
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Z
I prefer Hilton, Ramada and Sheraton.

Don't mess with me, I'm too old to fight, too fat to run, so I going to have to kill you.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Try the Allak next! smile Good tents and worth the cost if you're out in the thick of it.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Price reduced to $700 for the Nammatj 3 GT and $500 for the Soulo.

NOTE: Please note that this is the Nammatj 3 GT, which is a very different tent from the Nammatj 3.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I could easily become a Hilleberg addict as well...

I have the Atko and have spent some real quality time with it in the Colorado high country during elk muzzleloader season on the Continental Divide.

Great tents here!

..."I will not tip toe through life, to meet death safely."
IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Jedi5150
Price reduced to $700 for the Nammatj 3 GT and $500 for the Soulo.

NOTE: Please note that this is the Nammatj 3 GT, which is a very different tent from the Nammatj 3.

Thought you wrote that price was non negotiable. Any chance you might be able to post pictures please. Not everyone is familiar with what you have for sale, not to mention the benefit of one vs the other. I'm in the market for a tent, but I've never heard of Hilleburg Soulo.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Try google. Lots of info out there on both models listed.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
No thanks. Why should I go google a tent. If the OP wants to sell his product then he'll answer my questions.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
That was friendlier than the post you deleted.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by jlboykin

Ya it is. Thanks for noticing. Don't really have a keen appreciation for shadows sending potential customers to go google a whatever.

Suggestion to the OP, please be a little bit more descriptive of what you are putting up for sale and please, please provide pics and then more pics. Tell me and then show me. when potential customers see the word "non negotiable" their eyes get glazed and they move on. Good luck with your sale.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Originally Posted by jlboykin

Ya it is. Thanks for noticing. Don't really have a keen appreciation for shadows sending potential customers to go google a whatever.

Suggestion to the OP, please be a little bit more descriptive of what you are putting up for sale and please, please provide pics and then more pics. Tell me and then show me. when potential customers see the word "non negotiable" their eyes get glazed and they move on. Good luck with your sale.

If this is "glazed eyes and moving on", I sure don't want to see what you are like when whiny and complaining.

Bump for quality tents at great prices.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You two are just a bad experience waiting to happen. Yes I'll buy a back packing tent from someone else, thanks anyway.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Free bump for two great tents at very tempting prices.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Wow, I forgot to check the post for a couple days and missed some drama. smile Haha

Folks, I appreciate the bumps and the kind words.

MissouriEd, I understand you're looking elsewhere for tents, but I'll try to answer some of your questions anyways, in case someone else has them;

I write "non-negotiable" in my listings because I'm not a haggler. I'd never have made it as a used car salesman. I have buddies who absolutely love selling and buying on the used market, and haggling over prices. That's just not for me. I view selling things as a necessary evil, and the smoother and faster it goes, the happier I am. I figure if someone wants what I'm selling they will either agree with my price or not. If not, they can buy it elsewhere. I will often reduce my own prices over time, but only once I've decided to accept less (as happened in this case). I've burned myself too many times selling something for a buyer immediately for less than my asking, only to have two or three folks contact me the next day offering my asking price. I hope that makes sense.

As for photos and info, I forgot I didn't include photos. I typically do, but in this case I actually don't have any of the Soulo, but I do have some of the Nammatj 3 GT I can put up.

Now onto the info. The reason I don't go into a ton of detail is that if someone wants a Hilleberg, they already know it. A casual buyer walking through REI or Big 5 will need info to compare tents because there are a lot of good ones in any given price range. Nobody is going to walk into an REI expecting to buy a tent and have someone sell them a Hilleberg. I liken it to a Rolex watch, a Rolls Royce car, or a Wilson Combat 1911. Hillberg tents are among the best expedition (like to the north and south poles) tents in the world. I'd guess that 99% of the buying market for a Hilleberg tent already knows everything there is to know about Hilleberg tents. A guy who wants to buy his first camera doesn't go in asking about a Canon 5D III.

I hope I'm not coming across as snobbish. There are all kinds of good tents out there, many for much cheaper than Hillebergs. I just base my for sale posts on my potential buyer market. Hope this answers the question.

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Prices reduced...$650 for the Nammatj 3 GT and $475 for the Soulo.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I didn't have a soulo, allak, nallo 3gt, and an unna, I would be jumping all over that soulo. As you can see I have a similar addiction!
Good luck on your sale,
Don
PS totally agree with your above comments, after reading it, I'd love to go backpacking with you

J
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by docdb
If I didn't have a soulo, allak, nallo 3gt, and an unna, I would be jumping all over that soulo. As you can see I have a similar addiction!
Good luck on your sale,
Don
PS totally agree with your above comments, after reading it, I'd love to go backpacking with you

Thanks for the kind words Don!

***The Nammatj 3GT is now SOLD***

Soulo is still available.

Doug

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

493 members (10ring1, 19rabbit52, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 50 invisible), 3,500 guests, and 1,192 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,638
Posts18,533,505
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.