Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
and that's the truth!

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Every night, usually two or three in the bed. Usual suspects, one of our rescues a Cur mix who has to be covered with his blanket, our oldest female Shepherd, and one of the pups from our last litter, lab shepherd mix, we took back because he was "un-trainable". Took about three days before I got him understanding where to go and where to not go. Owner had keep him in a kennel better part of 23 hours a day, and then wondered why he had accidents. He's curled up next to me as I type this.

The male in my avatar is usually in my gun room or the kitchen keeping an eye on things.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
No pets in the house for me, or outside for that matter. I realize I'm in the minority, but in 39 years I've never felt an attachment to a pet. When I was a kid we would usually have an outdoor cat to keep mice and critters away. Always took care of them in terms of food and shots, but they were free to roam the woods. They would eventually vanish and we'd eventually get another for the same purpose. Never thought about it much.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by MColeman
Everybody has their own preferences and so long as the dogs aren't abused I have no problem with any of your choices. You should know that if you come to my place you'll have dogs everywhere...usually wanting to be petted and hugged. That's just the way it is a Casa Coleman and I can't see any change in the future. smile You're all welcome so stop by.

Carolyn and I really should make a trip over on a long weekend.. just to see the sights!

Jeff

You two are especially welcome!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eh76
Originally Posted by gunner500
I'm the only dog that sleeps in our bed or home, critters live outside in their houses and barns.

Gunner

Read this smile

http://www.saddlebackanimal.com/Forms/humor_notice_people_who.pdf

I love it, Keith. A copy is going on my front door tomorrow. smile

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by MColeman
I sleep with 2-4 dogs on the bed with me every night. Pickles is on my right, Tucker is on my left, Patches is curled up below Tucker and Kippie below Pickles on the right side. Kippie has taken to a corner in the bathroom lately, though.

If Pickles wants under the cover she will touch my right shoulder with her paw and I'll lift the sheet/spread and she'll crawl under for a time. I truly treasure one of them snuggling up to my back and sleeping the sleep of the just. smile

That happens when you're too mean to have a woman sleep with you, or not a whole lot of money. wink

Perhaps some of both? wink It's a fool that thinks he has enough money to satisfy a woman....a dog don't care how much or little money you have. If you treat them well they just love you more and I treat mine like royalty. They deserve it.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by whelennut
I have been dating a woman who has three
pets. They like to sleep in her bed.
It is a little crowded but who am I to complain.
This just wouldn't happen in my bed.
It just may be a deal breaker.

Well, not what I was expecting at all...here ugly women are referred to as "dogs" or "bush pigs".

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pixie the Wonderbeagle shares our king size bed with us. She's usually down at the foot of the bed on Cathy's side. Sometimes I can coax her to sleep between us, especially if it's cold. Squeek the cat will sleep at the bottom of the bed on occasion too. To say Pixie sleeps with us, is a misnomer, thought. That dang dog can sleep anywhere, at a moments notice. The back of the couch, on any rug, heck, I swear that dog could sleep standing up in the middle of the living room. Every dog's gotta be good at something-Pixie's area of expertise is sleeping.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Nope

You have to be able to wipe your ass to sleep with me. Just licking it won't impress me either.

My rule is, if you ever even thought about drinking outta the toilet, you ain't even crossing the threshold.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

166 members (300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 673, 16penny, 27 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 1,011 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,265
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.