Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,362 of 1,842 1 2 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1841 1842
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Dave, are the lakes open in your area?

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
GB1

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Some, not Lake Of The Woods though.

Something clever here.

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
Red lake is open, and that's a big one.

LOTW will be open soon I think

Something clever here.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by northern_dave
frost and snow here yesterday morning, frost again this morning...

it's getting very old.

Guessin' that means no 'shrooms yet, either ?

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rooster7
I love mowing and making the yard look nice until about the 4th of July then it's all down hill from there

Oh, you mean the 4th, & last day of summer !

crazy

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I love mowing and making the yard look nice until about the 4th of July then it's all down hill from there

My yard is pretty small. I'm good til about September then the cool nights and color change starts calling my name. grin

Camp is where you make it.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I have 6 acres and mow the majority of it so it can get old after awhile. The Hustler zero turn helped immensely and added to the fun factor but it still gets old. That is where the wife and kid come in.

smile

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Well, I keep making my yard smaller too. I'm one of the goofy people that actually like landscaping, so I'm doing a project of some sort every summer.

More landscape = less mowing. grin win/win.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm getting to the point where I could care less if I never mowed another blade of grass. Townhouse, or a cabin in the woods is sounding more appealing every day.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
I have 6 acres and mow the majority of it so it can get old after awhile. The Hustler zero turn helped immensely and added to the fun factor but it still gets old. That is where the wife and kid come in.

smile

Rooster i just bought a Hustler Zero turn myself like 3 weeks ago. Did a lot of research for a 42inch mower I think for what they cost and the quality pretty decent little machine..... I've cut the grass once so far happy with it....

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I'm looking at a new push mower, mine decided to not recoil the cord when I pull, and no matter how many times I take it apart and fix it it gets progressively worse after being agreeable for a short time. I've had it, I want a new mower.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by noduck

smile

Rooster i just bought a Hustler Zero turn myself like 3 weeks ago. Did a lot of research for a 42inch mower I think for what they cost and the quality pretty decent little machine..... I've cut the grass once so far happy with it....
Noduck, seriously you will be thinking about where you can plant more objects to spin around. The long passes with no trees, clothesline poles, flag poles etc. kinda suck but whipping around objects is fun as heck on them mowers. I got the Fastrak. What model did you get? I cut my mowing time from 4 1/2 hours to 2. Worth every penny

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by tzone
Well, I keep making my yard smaller too. I'm one of the goofy people that actually like landscaping, so I'm doing a project of some sort every summer.

More landscape = less mowing. grin win/win.

More landscape = more landscape work...bleh.

Thought I'd be smart and open up the canopy some with the chainsaw yesterday. I kinda got carried away and shoulda paid closer attention to the property line. Neighbor hasn't said anything yet, but he sure is giving me the stink eye. Oh sure, it's fun whacking trees down, but now the weekend is going to be spent cutting up the trunks, chipping the tops, and base cutting stumps. Real smart...shoulda thought this one through some more.

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Jim, 6 acres? Put in alfalfa, hay, or corn. If you've got to put in that much work might as well make some money off it. smile

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I bought a Toro personal pace, when I bought this house and it's been great so far. I got it used on craigslist for less than 1/2 price of new and it was only 2 years old.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Quite a few decent mowers out there Ryan. Determine how much you want to spend and go from there.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
Kendra's Brother works at sears, might see if he can pick one up for me, our whole lot is .25 acres and the house and out buildings take up half of that, so lawn is small.

we're going with a cheapo one, I only need the grass short enough so we don't lose the kids

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
I only need the grass short enough so we don't lose the kids

Reminds me of the Fuggarrwee tribe...

It was an ancient tribe of midget indians that used to run and bounce up through tall grass yelling "FUGGARRWEE?" "FUGGARRWEE??"

grin

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Grizzly_Bill
Jim, 6 acres? Put in alfalfa, hay, or corn. If you've got to put in that much work might as well make some money off it. smile

I tilled up around the south and east and put in a row of silver maples, a row of black walnut and a row of alternating red and white flowering crab. Did the same on a mostly clay hillside at the end of the driveway but also planted a bunch of ponderosa pine too. I plan on tilling up more on the north for more trees as well. The people that built the place in 1985 planted poplar trees and ash for a grove. The poplar trees are starting to drop like flies so I figured I better get a start on a new grove of longer lasting trees.

I'd like to find a tree that I could plant in between the poplars that would grow rapidly in the shade but I don't know if one exists. Quaking Aspen would be my 1st choice but I think they need full sun

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
Kendra's Brother works at sears, might see if he can pick one up for me, our whole lot is .25 acres and the house and out buildings take up half of that, so lawn is small.

we're going with a cheapo one, I only need the grass short enough so we don't lose the kids

My John Deere mower is a commercial model that I got used from a landscaper that was downsizing. I paid $125 for it. Had it 5 years now and it still runs great.

Page 1,362 of 1,842 1 2 1360 1361 1362 1363 1364 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

75 members (35, 41rem, 007FJ, 6mmCreedmoor, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 10 invisible), 1,468 guests, and 881 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,311
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.