Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Take that Obama, and the race baiting poverty [bleep].

http://www.cnsnews.com/video/national/oreilly-americas-race-problem

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
He ain't wrong on this one.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right on the money but the race baiters and exploiters don't want to hear it and the white apologists won't admit it.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
He's 99% spot on. My only departure is his seeming lack of understanding that drugs being illegal creates a market for pushers which adds to the criminal culture.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner.

The only well known voices with the courage to deal with this are O'Reilly and Cosby. The Washington crowd and MSM either lack courage (Republicans) or are getting re-elected/paid (Dems/MSM)by avoiding the root issue.

IC B2

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
He nailed it. Outstanding. Great to hear the truth spoken, even if only once in a blue moon. However, he left out the roll of welfare in driving black men out of the home. Read Charles Murray's "Losing Ground". Yes, its +25 years old, but its not out dated. The welfare state has destroyed the black family, and white families are the next target---with the help of the sodomy rights movement, of course.

Last edited by RobJordan; 05/17/14.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
That was good.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
He's never been better than that...

Last edited by sse; 05/17/14.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
The Washington crowd and MSM either lack courage (Republicans) or are getting re-elected/paid (Dems/MSM)by avoiding the root issue.
Avoiding?? They created it.

The demoncrap party arose from the Klu Klux Klan. Noting violence only made a people stronger, and that biting the hand that feeds is not a common trait, they killed any motivations to get ahead and destroyed black families with welfare, particularly Aid to Dependent Children which has willingly relegated the Black race to a third world existence in the greatest country in the world.

O'Reily is totally correct in all he says regarding the Black problem, but he leaves this out.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
KDK Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You do realize that the video is almost a year old, right? As I recall, it cased a minor uproar, and the reverends sharpton and jackson went back to making money off of racism.

Originally Posted by ingwe
This is a shooting forum, there is no place here for logic.
IC B3

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
He's 99% spot on. My only departure is his seeming lack of understanding that drugs being illegal creates a market for pushers which adds to the criminal culture.

Good post, Hawkie.

Many don't understand that you can't get rid of something you don't like just by making it illegal and throwing fortunes away.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hawkeye:

How would you propose society deal with the drug problem? Genuinely curious as to your solution.

Jordan

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
stopped clock is right 2x per day

Psalm 19:14-May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
_
Humble servant of Jesus Christ. Living His plan and praying to show it in name, word, body, and light.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Hawkeye:

How would you propose society deal with the drug problem? Genuinely curious as to your solution.

Jordan
There are inherent problems associated with liberty. One is that folks will make bad choices for themselves. What's worse, though, is making those bad choices illegal, unless that bad choice is directly to violate the rights of another. If it's primarily something you're doing to yourself, then trying to outlaw it only creates a huge criminal market for it, and a huge criminal culture to fill that market. Along with that comes lots of money in the hands of criminals with which to corrupt our police, government, and ultimately our society.

The "solution," therefore, is to repeal all Federal laws that seek to outlaw victimless crimes (none of which are authorized under our Constitution anyway). If states wish to pass or retain such laws, that's less harmful in both the short and long runs, because in the short run folks can move to states that have laws more to their liking, and it's good in the long run because states with ill considered laws will suffer their consequences, thus providing a natural pressure to eliminate bad laws and imitate successful states.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Well put Hawkeye!

Many folks just don't, won't or can't understand the concept of freedom.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Hawkeye:

Jordan
There are inherent problems associated with liberty. One is that folks will make bad choices for themselves. What's worse, though, is making those bad choices illegal, unless that bad choice is directly to violate the rights of another. If it's primarily something you're doing to yourself, then trying to outlaw it only creates a huge criminal market for it, and a huge criminal culture to fill that market. Along with that comes lots of money in the hands of criminals with which to corrupt our police, government, and ultimately our society.

The "solution," therefore, is to repeal all Federal laws that seek to outlaw victimless crimes (none of which are authorized under our Constitution anyway). If states wish to pass or retain such laws, that's less harmful in both the short and long runs, because in the short run folks can move to states that have laws more to their liking, and it's good in the long run because states with ill considered laws will suffer their consequences, thus providing a natural pressure to eliminate bad laws and imitate successful states.

But how will this make things better? Everything I've seen and read says drug consumption and addiction (with all its attendant problems and negative externalities) will go way, way up. Are you sure your proposed "solution" won't make the problem worse?

Last edited by RobJordan; 05/17/14.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
But how will this make things better?
In many ways. In addition to the ways I already explained above, there would be no drug war constantly pumping up the police to ever greater levels of power to disregard our fundamental rights. This will save tremendously on the cost of police forces, as well, since drugs being legal will also suddenly be cheap, thus no need for the commission of crimes to support habits, and no gang wars over drugs, since drugs would no longer be particularly profitable in the underground economy.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
But how will this make things better?
In many ways. In addition to the ways I already explained above, there would be no drug war constantly pumping up the police to ever greater levels of power to disregard our fundamental rights. This will save tremendously on the cost of police forces, as well, since drugs being legal will also suddenly be cheap, thus no need for the commission of crimes to support habits, and no gang wars over drugs, since drugs would no longer be particularly profitable in the underground economy.

But what I am interested in is the negative externalities associated with increased drug use. Without question, drug use will skyrocket. How is that a "solution"?

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
...There are inherent problems associated with liberty. One is that folks will make bad choices for themselves. What's worse, though, is making those bad choices illegal, unless that bad choice is directly to violate the rights of another. If it's primarily something you're doing to yourself, then trying to outlaw it only creates a huge criminal market for it, and a huge criminal culture to fill that market. Along with that comes lots of money in the hands of criminals with which to corrupt our police, government, and ultimately our society.

The "solution," therefore, is to repeal all Federal laws that seek to outlaw victimless crimes (none of which are authorized under our Constitution anyway)...

Another good post!

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Will you start snorting coke, shooting heroin or smoking meth Rob, just because it's legal?

I know I wouldn't...

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1lesfox, 12344mag, 1badf350, 204guy, 62 invisible), 2,311 guests, and 1,279 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,511
Posts18,509,381
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.