Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
RufusG Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's just one of the great things about Arizona. It's one of my favorite states. I just wish it didn't cost so darn much for residential real estate around Flagstaff...!

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oklahoma only #6. What are we doing wrong?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
guns are just so much a part of life that mostly you don't think about it, until you are in a different state, or talking to someone from a different state.
Then you think most of the country is weird.
As to flagstaff, lot of treehugger hippies up there now, kind of like the northern branch of tucson.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is my goal to leave number 50 and move to number 1.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Im satisfied with Missouri being #15. Pretty good place to be in for accommodating firearms laws and gun owners.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
while I appreciate the work that went into the rankings, I respectfully disagree.

while I'm sure Arizona and Kentucky are good States, Georgia, in my admittedly biased thinking, leads the pack.

sure, there's plenty of thugs here. but in Georgia, Guns are allowed everywhere.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Gus
while I appreciate the work that went into the rankings, I respectfully disagree.

while I'm sure Arizona and Kentucky are good States, Georgia, in my admittedly biased thinking, leads the pack.

sure, there's plenty of thugs here. but in Georgia, Guns are allowed everywhere.

Thanks

we'll carefully consider the SOURCE, on that comment.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
please do.

and look at our Governor's record on passing gun bills, compared to various other Governor's who claim to be gun friendly, but really aren't.

RufusG Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Gus

AZ beat GA by one point, based on 10 to 9 in the right to carry criterion. Probably because you can carry in AZ w/o a permit.

We can carry only in non-posted bars here, and can't drink if carrying. Not sure how that part works in GA, may be better for you guys.

I'll also note our famous Gov. Brewer vetoed four pro-gun bills this last session, so I'm not sure how long we will hold this top ranking.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
51. District of Columbia
50. New York
49. New Jersey
48. Massachusetts
47. Hawaii
46. California
45. Connecticut
44. Maryland
43. Rhode Island
42. Delaware
41. Illinois
40. Colorado
39. Minnesota
38. Iowa
37. Washington
36. Ohio
35. New Mexico
34. Nebraska
33. Arkansas
32. Maine
31. Pennsylvania
30. Idaho
29. Oregon
28. Michigan
27. Louisiana
26. Wisconsin
25. New Hampshire
24. Indiana
23. West Virginia
22. Nevada
21. Virginia
20. North Dakota
19. North Carolina
18. Mississippi
17. Vermont
16. Tennessee
15. South Carolina
14. Texas
13. South Dakota
12. Alabama
11. Missouri
10. Florida
09. Kansas
08. Montana
07. Wyoming
06. Oklahoma
05. Kentucky
04. Utah
03. Georgia
02. Alaska
01. Arizona

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some of these rankings surprised me. Nevada for instance. Thought they would have ranked much higher. But Clark County probably screwed that all up

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just about the only area of Alaskan law that gun owners could criticize was the state�s use of force

Thats funny stuff right there grin Stand your ground laws scare gun owners WTF? Guns and Ammo huh? lmao

But in arizona

It has the most well-established competitive shooting scene in the nation and a culture that embraces shooters and the shooting sports.

rolling here grin

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RufusG
Originally Posted by Gus

AZ beat GA by one point, based on 10 to 9 in the right to carry criterion. Probably because you can carry in AZ w/o a permit.

We can carry only in non-posted bars here, and can't drink if carrying. Not sure how that part works in GA, may be better for you guys.

I'll also note our famous Gov. Brewer vetoed four pro-gun bills this last session, so I'm not sure how long we will hold this top ranking.

I'm no What's legal, and what isn't expert at all, I know that Georgia has projected a pro=gun lean over the years.. like in stand your ground, etc. etc.

even our demo candidates for office know that being anti-gun will disqualify them coming out of the gates.. just ask new governor candidate Carter and new senator candidate Nunn. yes, they're part of the old democratic South dynasty running against current Governor Deal, an ex-democrat, and the to be selected Republican candidate for junior US senator from Georgia.

I like both Alaska and Arizona. it's just that Georgia probably didn't get due credit in the recent rankings, again, in my most biased opinion.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm satisfied with Montana's number 8 although we can and do try to do better. Montana gun laws have come a long way since I moved here in 81.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I have NO idea why they ranked NM #35
We're one of the more friendly gun states.

Mark

I've always been a curmudgeon - now I'm an old curmudgeon.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Ahh New York, worst taxes and gun laws. Also the biggest Azzhat governor in the union. It will feel so good the day I leave. Kinda like when you stop banging your head on the wall.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Idaho # 30? behind Oregon? something weird there.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
How did Az. beat out Alaska? We are a "Shall Carry " State, is Az? We can shoot a swimming caribou with a .22rf. Can Az?
Right off the top of my head, I can't think of one restriction to firearms owner ship, other then what BATF has set down. How can any state be more liberal then that? Does AZ. give their seniors a free huntin' license, 6 deer tags, and the privilege of havesting 2 bear? Just can't imagine why they are #1!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I think it is crazy too.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

77 members (7mm_Loco, 257robertsimp, 808outdoors, AKislander, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 13 invisible), 1,405 guests, and 820 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,494
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.