Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Never been a big hop head and still am not. I especially hate the 'piney' taste certain varieties leave. However, lately I've been being more adventurous in trying new craft brews. We got a Growler Station in town and they have some great beers on tap.

Tried this one first and REALLY liked it, especially for a summer beer...

[Linked Image]

Just got home with a growler of this stuff and it's pretty damn tasty...another great hot weather libation.

[Linked Image]

Seems like a lot of the Montanny boys dig the Ranger IPA. Any other suggestions?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Bent Nail and Tumbleweed.

Elevator is great also.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I'm actually surprised we don't see more of the smaller Montana brewery stuff down here. Hopefully, that'll change soon...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mojo,

I've tasted a lot of IPAs. The two you listed are at the absolute top of the list. If you're starting with those, you don't need to spend any more time looking for a better IPA!

“There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot.”
ALDO LEOPOLD
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
That's good to know! Hopefully they'll keep them in rotation...

(I know the Fresh Squeezed has already been a huge hit).

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Tried this one yesterday and liked it. Typical IPAs are too bitter for me but this one has a milder IBU rating.:

http://www.firestonebeer.com/beers/products/easy-jack

M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Hey Mojo, where are you at? Deschutes brewery is just over the hill from me in Bend, and haven't seen or heard of the fresh squeezed. Had a GREAT ipa in a small brewery/pub/restaurant in Eugene sat. nite, now can't remember its name, but man oh man...smooth ..90IBU ,,,8.5 ABV..about to squirt in my shorts just sittin here thinking about it.

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Torpedo. The name is the story. ;-{>8

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by marktrask
Hey Mojo, where are you at? Deschutes brewery is just over the hill from me in Bend, and haven't seen or heard of the fresh squeezed. Had a GREAT ipa in a small brewery/pub/restaurant in Eugene sat. nite, now can't remember its name, but man oh man...smooth ..90IBU ,,,8.5 ABV..about to squirt in my shorts just sittin here thinking about it.

Twin Falls, Idaho.

Im thinking I might try to take a little trip to the Deschutes pub this year. My buddy stopped there and said it was awesome.

He also absolutely RAVES about the Prodigal Son in Pendleton. I'm thinking of throwing the the kayak on top of the Jeep and doing some WW running and beer drinking in both places...

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RufusG
Tried this one yesterday and liked it. Typical IPAs are too bitter for me but this one has a milder IBU rating.:

http://www.firestonebeer.com/beers/products/easy-jack

That doesn't sound too bad.

The Fresh Squeezed is 60 IBU and the Sculpins is 70. I'd swear it doesn't taste like it though and I'd almost say the Sculpins is 'lighter' and less hoppy than the FS. Close though, and they both are fantastic.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I've been sober for several years but these were two of my favorites. I don't think there ever was a beer as tasty as Bhagwan's.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

What would Porter Rockwell do?
M
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
M
Deschutes brewery is pretty cool, good sized for a micro brewery, tours, tasteing room (best part) beer available to purchase, and the Deschutes pub just 5-6 blocks away. good food, beer, and a mustard to die for...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Bent Nail,

[Linked Image]

Ranger if it's on sale(even though it's gay?),

[Linked Image]

And I will admit to slumming a Big Sky IPA once in awhile,

[Linked Image]

I frikken love beer...grin

I tried 2 or 4 different Dechutes Brewery brew, Black Butte is pretty good during the chilly months.

Last edited by SamOlson; 05/26/14.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Love me some Black Butte..

And you chugging a Ranger while chugging on a tractor? Well, I'd say you just un-gay-ed it!

smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I forgot about Big Sky's.

I cannot find a Desuschits beer worth buying. I hate that brewery.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

My favorite, this week ...
[Linked Image]
. . . . . . . . . . . .Founders - Centennial IPA
. . . . . . . . . . . .7.20% ABV, IBU: 65

A couple other favorites of mine are Surly "Furious" IPA, and Bell's "Two Hearted Ale".

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Admit it.

It's really just Oregon you hate... smile

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Dechutes makes some foul beer.

Going off of memory Chainbreaker(?) was terrible, -2 Below not bad, one other one I can't remember the name but it was skanky.

Snowplow?

Are those even Deschutes brews?!

I good for 2-3 Big Sky IPA's but that about it. Puzz out and get into the Bud Lights for the rest of the evening...grin

Last edited by SamOlson; 05/26/14.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Dechutes makes some foul beer.

Going off of memory Chainbreaker(?) was terrible, -2 Below not bad, one other one I can't remember the name but it was skanky.

I good for 2-3 Big Sky IPA's but that about it. Puzz out and get into the Bud Lights for the rest of the evening...grin
Then exhibit good sense and quit while ahead. grin

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I like their Black Butte and Fresh Squeezed.

Don't mind the River Ale and Mirror Pond Ale.

Can leave the Obsidian Stout

And the Red Chair makes me gag...

I think 2 Below is New Belgium, IIRC.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,551 guests, and 1,430 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,177
Posts18,484,676
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.