Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
#8897720 05/27/14
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Anybody ever bought or sold anything on Armslist?

There's a shotgun I've been looking for on there in Alabama that I'd like to get for my son. The price is right, pics look good, but it's listed twice (appears to be the exact gun and pics and description) in two different locations about an hour and half from each other in Alabama. I sent them a message asking about the double post. Looking at their other ads, the seller is a gunshop and I'm thinking maybe they just have two locations.

Any good or bad experiences on there?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
GB1

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just do a FTF, or have a proxy fill in.

I sold one FTF, as did my SIL, without any issues, but the web-o-sphere is wrought with tales of woe....

If they are a legitimate shop, there shouldn't be too much issue there if you can verify the info.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've had a good experience with individuals on that site. They can have some good deals on there. I've purchased with no drama or bad outcomes.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I buy more on Armslist than any other site. Armslist is full of scams. It is not for the novice, uninformed or neophyte.
It works for me as I don't trust or believe anyone.
I have my own red flag check -off and must have multiple 'phone conversations before I pull the trigger.
Fully half of the old Winchesters I look at , I reject as most sellers cannot accurately judge condition. Sometimes I have the opportunity to travel to see the item.
Good Luck.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Just call them up and buy direct.

[Linked Image from ]
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I got an email response and it looks like this may be a dud deal. The email response I got didn't inspire confidence, but it may very well be a busy employee responding. I tried again, so we'll see.

Anybody around Dothan or Phenox City Alabama?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Usually the scammers aren't too bright. Check to see if they have multiple listings. You will often find the same crook posting from different locations. It's also a clue when the pictures they post all have different backgrounds. The same picture can often be found on Gunbroker legitimately for sale.
I just sent a guy $112 for some dies and brass. I'm pretty sure he is not a crook.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I got an email response and it looks like this may be a dud deal. The email response I got didn't inspire confidence, but it may very well be a busy employee responding. I tried again, so we'll see.

I'm a couple of hours from Dothan---a little closer to Phenix City.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've sold a couple guns on Armslist and both transactions went very clean. Always meet in a public place. I did one transaction at an indoor pistol range, and the other was done at a gun show near the admissions booth. Both went well, but it's buyer/seller beware. Take someone along with you if at all possible. It never hurts to have someone along just in case.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I've only done one via my FFL,went without a hitch seller was excellent to work with and no different from folks here on the Fire.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MColeman
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

I'm a couple of hours from Dothan---a little closer to Phenix City.

If I get a response from this guy I'll see if you've heard of him or his shop. Might be worth a try.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Well, I just found the same gun for sale in a gunshop in Dallas. I flagged the ad in Alabama.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I've used Armslist a few times, but because of the ease in which one could scam on the site I do face to face only.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Good flag! I agree with what has been said. I have purchased bullets locally FTF. I don't know, but it seems in the last couple of months there seems to have been more scam activity. A few weeks ago I was notified by Armslist that two different guns I had looked at were scams. I would say watch high demand guns with prices too good to be true.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have purchased and sold on that site, most has been FTF, but I have sent off for a couple of items and never had any issues.

Most of the scammers are real quick to be willing to pay for the shipping on there end, I usually end up asking them if they would do a FTF transaction with a friend /relative that lives in there area, usually I don't get a response after my request if it's a scam.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (10ring1, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 66 invisible), 3,031 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,753
Posts18,514,711
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.