Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
OP Offline
B
Rolly,
No trolling hunting here!
Been hunting for OVER 62 years! But you are right, I am still a young hunter and will always be! Thanks for reminding me!

Bob
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Bob, I live in the Yukon and we have twice as many moose as people. If I knew how to get a 72" moose I would be doing it myself! However any one who wants to come up and give it a whirl has my blessing and lots of hunter friendly folks up here. Good luck!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Originally Posted by bobrhess
JSTUART
You may have several hundred posts on this site, but I see that you seen to have a translation problem! If the members of this site are as (WARM) as you are; then you and this site are going to have a lot of trouble getting new members! I belong to over 30 different hunting,fishing,flying,outdoor and other organizations that support all hunting! If you make a so called TRANSLATION for me: then I suggest you get off your BIG HORSE and ask me what IS TICKING YOU OFF! I'll GUARANTEE YOU THAT I SUPPORT MORE HUNTING ORGANIZATIONS than you have ever known! And I am a member of more hunting, fishing, outdoor and aviation associations than you will ever know!
If this is how you want to welcome a new member into (NOT YOUR
ORGANIZATION), then I suggest the moderators take REAL HARD LOOK at what is going on here and ADJUST it accordingly!

Enjoy shopping for your record book trophies.

I'm looking for an EXCEPTIONAL Hunting Guide this fall (2014)for
a record book moose (like a 72 inch PLUS!) to appease my dreams for my hunting room collection! If you know of such a outstanding guide, please let me know and I am also looking for a record book wolverine!
Bob
bobrhessyahoo.com

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Mule Deer
Thanks for the support for stating that there IS a record book for Wolverines! Seems some members on this site don't know that!
Of course even some members don't even know that a bear's skull measurement's is the only thing that is used to to enter the record book!
Thanks!

Hey Bob

Don't mind you asking around for guides, how else might you find something that suites you.

To come here new, and think this site will fail because of answers given to someone thats book driven is nuts though.

Some of us are amazed that the only thing that matters to some folks is a name in a book.

To follow that up, I have a name in an exotic book with a pistol, and it didn't do a dang thing for me, other than to remind me its not how big it is that matters. Its the experience of the hunt. I"ll never enter another thing in a book. A book is to show off to others IMHO, and I ain't good with that.

I'd take the hardest hunt possible to get the wariest doe and remember it much longer than the largest deer ever taken. IE by difficulty. And the largest bucks I've ever taken have not been hard at all, they walked by, I was right place right time, and shot em.

Now the mounted doe hanging on my wall... that was one of my hardest whitetails to bring to bag ever...was nothign lucky or easy about here at all.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
MightyPeace;
If you want to make a decision on how many posts that ANY new member has made then you are not doing your research on their history of that member! Try reading my Bio! Maybe I DIDN'T join before you did on this site but I have just the right to enter my opinions on this as you do! And yes, I have hunted in Alaska (I have over 62 years of hunting experience that I will match with anyone on this site!)
And you and JSTUART'S comment's seem to be in the same ball park!
Seem like this site needs to CULL out some of it's SO CALLED MEMBERS and start with a new roster that will TRUELY support new members and the COMPLETE OUTDOORS!

Good luck on your quest. IMO your initial post comes across a bit unrealistic and I posted what I felt accordingly. I guess in the future I will try not be an "internet tough guy".

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by MightyPeace
MightyPeace;
If you want to make a decision on how many posts that ANY new member has made then you are not doing your research on their history of that member! Try reading my Bio! Maybe I DIDN'T join before you did on this site but I have just the right to enter my opinions on this as you do! And yes, I have hunted in Alaska (I have over 62 years of hunting experience that I will match with anyone on this site!)
And you and JSTUART'S comment's seem to be in the same ball park!
Seem like this site needs to CULL out some of it's SO CALLED MEMBERS and start with a new roster that will TRUELY support new members and the COMPLETE OUTDOORS!

Good luck on your quest. IMO your initial post comes across a bit unrealistic and I posted what I felt accordingly. I guess in the future I will try not be an "internet tough guy".

Yes, maybe some of the more enterprising outfitters can get together and provide pictures of their more promising offerings so that the gentleman can select the colour scheme that will match his carpets.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
Originally Posted by North61
Bob, I live in the Yukon and we have twice as many moose as people. If I knew how to get a 72" moose I would be doing it myself! However any one who wants to come up and give it a whirl has my blessing and lots of hunter friendly folks up here. Good luck!

North61,

you know where they are and dont disclose that information even to the people you know ... lol

all the bst.

Phil

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
Bonnet Plume Outfitters is where I would try. I've hunted deer with him in his Alberta camp and watched his videos of his hunters moose and dall sheep kills from his Yukon camp.

No one is likely to promise you a 72" Moose unless you first promise them you are the luckiest hunter on the planet.

But he will give you a good hunt, and he takes big moose.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by yukonphil
Originally Posted by North61

North61,

you know where they are and dont disclose that information even to the people you know ... lol

all the bst.

Phil

Well..you have to be a bit cagey eh? My freighter still awaits your inspection.... Greg

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My Dad, Uncle and I hunted Bonnet Plume Outfitters last fall for Yukon Moose. I can tell you first hand that 72" Bulls are few and far between...and when I say far between, I mean in distance and years as well. In general the top 5 outfitters in the northern Yukon concessions average around 60" year after year. My uncle brought a 56" moose home. I took a B&C book 62.5" moose and my Dad shot a monster 71" moose that now sits I think 11th in the world all time per B&C. He just got his certificate from them in the last couple of weeks. I don't think you can do better than BPO from a quality animal standpoint. If you are serious about a 72" bull, you are better off just searching the internet for pictures. Doesn't mean it couldn't happen, but I would tone your expectations back quite a bit. For what it's worth, my 62.5" bull looks incredible on the shoulder mount.
Also, don't expect to stumble upon herds of wolverines either. Yes they are there, but you will see a lot more moose than you will wolverines.
I wish you luck and hope you are happy with what you pull together.

Shoot Strait....Penetrate Deep.
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
bobrhess

Be sure to post pictures of your 2014 Moose and Wolverine hunt. Don't worry about us, no really don't loose any sleep over us. We'll all still be hanging around the fire years from now. I am sure another post like yours will come around again. Of course we'll all be here after that one too.

Are you going to stop the wolverine and take a measure before you shoot it? Wait let me guess you are an expert at estimating skull sizes right?

Good luck on your 2014 quest. Please post pictures for the rest of us.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
JSTUART
You may have several hundred posts on this site, but I see that you seen to have a translation problem! If the members of this site are as (WARM) as you are; then you and this site are going to have a lot of trouble getting new members! I belong to over 30 different hunting,fishing,flying,outdoor and other organizations that support all hunting! If you make a so called TRANSLATION for me: then I suggest you get off your BIG HORSE and ask me what IS TICKING YOU OFF! I'll GUARANTEE YOU THAT I SUPPORT MORE HUNTING ORGANIZATIONS than you have ever known! And I am a member of more hunting, fishing, outdoor and aviation associations than you will ever know!
If this is how you want to welcome a new member into (NOT YOUR
ORGANIZATION), then I suggest the moderators take REAL HARD LOOK at what is going on here and ADJUST it accordingly!

That's really impressive. I had no idea. Are you sure you're not from Texas?

Classic.

I suppose I should apologize to most Texans.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
bobrhess. part of the probablem is you walked in here unannounaced looking for the almost impossible.

5-6 guys came on strong about a year and a half ago like walking into a strange pup full of Marines thinking that they were something well what do you think happened??
your post was not to different, somewhat arrogant like nobody can hunt as well as you or has your money or prowness.
You gave us no background not many here read bio's before we respond,
Welcome to the FIRE [ pun intended] pull up a log and settle in a little do some listening before talking to much, you might like us you might not . The fire can be brutle but is also the best friend, FAMILY, around.

norm

Last edited by norm99; 06/11/14.

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Shooting for a 65" bull moose is a bit more realistic than a 72"er. I've seen a few bulls that might have gone 65" but was never able to close the deal on them but I've got a friend that did. He did a european mount and that is one of the most beautiful bull moose mounts I have ever seen.

As an aside, belonging to 30+ hunting clubs/organizations doesn't make you a great hunter or even a good hunter............but i'm sure you knew that already. wink

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
me thinks that

bob r hess has left the scean,, happy hunting

There is not enough darkness in all the world to put out the light of even one small candle----Robert Alden .
If it wern't entertaining, I wouldn't keep coming back.------the BigSky

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

80 members (35, 444Matt, Anaconda, Akhutr, 7mm_Loco, 1_deuce, 8 invisible), 1,481 guests, and 802 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,368
Posts18,488,303
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.