Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
That is one place I have never been. In the pictures they just don't look right, then they throw on the whiz. Reminds me of George Carlin.

Conduct is the best proof of character.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love McRib sandwiches . . . its all about the taste!

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
That is one place I have never been. In the pictures they just don't look right, then they throw on the whiz. Reminds me of George Carlin.

The whiz helps get it down.... sick

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Only ever ate at Arbys in West Yellowstone on the drive from Phx to Bozeman...

Tasted good at the time but it could have been the straight through drive...

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
how many of youse people eat hot dogs? Ever been in a plant where they are slaughtering hogs? And where the parts end up as slurry?
When i first saw the process i couldn't stand to even look at them in the grocery store.

I spent some time cutting out the small bit of lean meat that came off the strip that ran from ear to ear on a hog. Those went to the weiner room. I worked the weiner room on load for a bit. I didn't see anything there that turned me off of (real) 'dogs. What I don't like are all-beef weiners - greasy things they are.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Without knowing, I have to wonder if the beef is like the turkey that is liquefied, then formed into a solid to slice.
The paste must give it a different taste.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That's true. I don't mind the flavor of Arby's "beef", but it tastes nothing like beef.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MissouriEd
Probably whole beef that has been boiled, chopped, flaked and chemically formed into something that looks like roast beef. Remember the McRibs, hot dogs, baloney and other foods that are chemically reformed animal products. Don't eat any fast foods.

Agree with ya about fast food. Haven't eaten any for over a decade but don't be hating on hot dogs and Bologna.

The more snout the better as far as I'm concerned. smile

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Note that nowhere in Arby's description to Snopes do they say that it's frozen. Are we to assume that it's adulterated to the point that bacteria won't eat it?

I won't either !

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I will throw this out there, from visiting Arby's for many years.

It pertains to the Arbys Sauce itself.

For some reason, the 'communal' sauce pump station in the lobby: EVERY time I get Arbys Sauce from the inside condiment station....I ALWAYS get the worst case of flaming starfish, jet-spray diarrhea. Now, this has taken me many observations to advance from simple hypothesis.

I have substituted the Arbys Sauce in the carry out 'squirty-packs' pardon the pun; with no ill effects to report. However, while building my population sample, reverting alternately back to the Lobby Pump sauce

So after about 30 observations over several years, I have concluded that there is 'something' to this.

I had to explain this to an Arbys Manager who resisted my requests for packets of sauce while dining in.

Just a word to the wise.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't really care what there beef sandwich's are made from , if it taste good then i will eat it

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Bologna, kraft american cheese, white bread, yellow mustard, and an ice cold pepsi...reminds me of time spent outdoors with my dad and younger brother. Literally the only place that meal tasted good. But I still eat it when I'm out alone...just for nostalgia.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Way back when, years and years ago with my old man. It was Hogs Head Cheese! Couldn't get enough of it. Being from Mississippi it was like a delicacy.

Phil

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bea175
if it taste good then i will eat it

I'd be careful about saying that aloud.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 5sdad
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
how many of youse people eat hot dogs? Ever been in a plant where they are slaughtering hogs? And where the parts end up as slurry?
When i first saw the process i couldn't stand to even look at them in the grocery store.

I spent some time cutting out the small bit of lean meat that came off the strip that ran from ear to ear on a hog. Those went to the weiner room. I worked the weiner room on load for a bit. I didn't see anything there that turned me off of (real) 'dogs. What I don't like are all-beef weiners - greasy things they are.

Do you find Hebrew National weiners to be greasy?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
nothing beats potted meat with mayo and chopped onions, i can eat it everyday.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
My Dad and I probably ate a ton of potted meat smeared on Ritz crackers when we went cane pole fishing.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Compared to any of the McBurgers, an Arby's is heaven in a bun. McD's quality has plummeted.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Whenever improperly prepared (any way but boiling), all hot dogs become greasy. I think that the beef fat is much worse than that of hogs.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Compared to any of the McBurgers, an Arby's is heaven in a bun. McD's quality has plummeted.

I've not been in a McDucks since Sep 1965.

Beware of thieves, scammers and dishonest members on the "Fire" classifieds. Ya there is a thief here too. Whatever!!

They're all around the CampFire and everywhere.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

172 members (3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 44mc, 2500HD, 35, 14 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 995 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,120
Posts18,483,620
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.