Hop To
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
Copy and paste this into the Google Earth Search bar:

40� 8'14.22"N
106�36'18.64"W

Doesn't work, I can copy but "paste" doesn't come up after going back to edit.

KC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Try this.

http://www.mappingsupport.com/p/gmap4.php?ll=40.137604,-106.604405&z=16&t=h

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OK that worked. I needed to expand it to find out here it was located.
Thanks

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
One place I want to go check out is that area south of Hwy 134 & just West of Rock Creek State Wildlife Area. There is great fishing in there and some good sites (on Google Earth) for a group camp. There are some clear cuts nearby for firewood and water in the creek below. (If you click on the picture, it will take you to photobucket where you can zoom in on the picture.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/29/14.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm stuck in town the next two weekends with home projects, but if anyone wants to volunteer to check the area out, please do.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by fish head
Originally Posted by KC

dogshooter:

Is the Pawnee National Grassland near you? Any good places to camp there?

KC

Technically, in a strict legal sense, it's impractical because you can't drive or park anywhere other than on a county road. Everything outside the road boundaries is closed to motor vehicles.

On another note I've heard all kinds of horror stories about LE in the Grasslands being pricks although I've never had a problem shooting there.

A solution to a road block like this is the use of horses to transport shooters to the range area. Surely there are plenty of horse ranchers who could supply the animals required to "train" all interested shooters to and from the range. Easy logistical solution IMHBAO.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
List of interested so far.

z1R
WyColoCowboy
KC
dogcatcher223
SuburbanHunter
CCCC
colodog
achadwick
Dogshooter
Tracks
northcountry
dennisinaz
The Yetti
huntsonora
superdave
LostHighway
rattler
antelope sniper

Add OrangeOkie and wifey, plus 2 guests

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Sounds great OrangeOkie! I'm an OKC native, but I claim Wyoming. All my family lives somewhere in the Panhandle state.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Thanks so much for all the recons and efforts. Sounds like it will be a good gathering. Please Don't forget the girls and I.

Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often. Mark Twain
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
No worries - all are welcome and I will compile a more recent and accurate list of interest as soon as we finalize the site.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 05/30/14.

[Linked Image]
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
WyColoCowboy - thanks for the efforts and the info. Looking forward to seeing the site - planning to be there unless omething very odd comes up.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
These "24 Hour Campfire" get-togethers sound like fun. I've never
been to one, but hopefully my wife and I will attend this year.

Is it common for any of the more generous ((and brave!!)) attendees to bring a chronograph to the campouts?

Thank you......

FjLee Denver CO

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Folks sometimes bring chronos to the gatherings down here in AZ and NM - something interesting usually pops out.

Seems like a much more important measurement device for these events is a good BS meter.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I might be persuaded to bring one along, shoot me a PM a day or two before as a reminder!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

F
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
F
Originally Posted by colodog
I might be persuaded to bring one along, shoot me a PM a day or two before as a reminder!

Hi COLODOG...... By Golly...I will indeed PM you........

I do "Thank you" for the response, and I look forward to meeting you.

FjLee SW Denver CO

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Wish we had a place set. I would like to go and will probably be there.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

KC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've been popping in and out and will continue to do that for a most of the summer. Trying to drop some weight by staying in the mountains and avoiding the pantry and frig. So far it seems to be working. Just got back from a short camping trip with Mrs. KC. I tried to get to the GPS coordinates on High Rock Creek yesterday. Too much snow to pull a travel trailer. I hope someone gets up there soon so we can decide if that's the spot.

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

KC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

CCCC:

Are you the person that setup the prairie dog shoot at the Lake Roosevelt gathering? If so, could you set it up again at this get-together? That was fun.

KC

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I'm working on heading up there this weekend. Just going to pack a tent, a sleeping bag, some chow, a fishing pole and a camera.

Jealous of all your backpacking KC -- I put on about 15 pounds this winter and my pants are fitting a little snug...

[Linked Image]
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KC
CCCC:Are you the person that setup the prairie dog shoot at the Lake Roosevelt gathering? If so, could you set it up again at this get-together? That was fun. KC
Hi KC - nothing to be proud about even though I did "invent" that version a while back. It is simple, and fun. Will be pleased to bring the stuff and set up the scheme - would prefer that someone else (maybe a non-participant?) run the actual shooting as I would like to shoot too.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

575 members (1234, 2500HD, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 72 invisible), 2,241 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,785
Posts18,495,990
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.