Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Being nervous, and embarrassed about my upcoming colonoscopy, on a recommendation I decided to have it done while visiting friends in San Francisco, where the beautiful nurses are allegedly more gentle and accommodating.

As I lay naked on my side on the table, the gorgeous nurse began my procedure.

"Don't worry, at this stage of the procedure it's quite normal to get an erection," the nurse told me.

"I haven't got an erection," I replied.

"No, but I have," replied the nurse.

Don't get a colonoscopy in San Francisco

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Put the procedure anyplace else but the doctors office and it's just WRONG!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My money is on that being a true story. smile

----------------------------------------
I'm a big fan of the courtesy flush.
338Rem Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Hey now, lets be nice. It wasn't me.
But I did quit smoking. Go figure.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Worst part of any colonoscopy is finding something that might end your life.
Second worst part is the prep and the throne time right after the nasty tasting drink you must consume prior to procedure. Many well trained providers have revised the prep to be taken in a few " shots " instead of a much larger "liter" volume. This made a big difference for me.

IC B2

S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
The new prep fluids and the anesthetic used today is lot better than those used previously.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by 338Rem
Being nervous, and embarrassed about my upcoming colonoscopy, on a recommendation I decided to have it done while visiting friends in San Francisco, where the beautiful nurses are allegedly more gentle and accommodating.

As I lay naked on my side on the table, the gorgeous nurse began my procedure.

"Don't worry, at this stage of the procedure it's quite normal to get an erection," the nurse told me.

"I haven't got an erection," I replied.

"No, but I have," replied the nurse.

Don't get a colonoscopy in San Francisco

You had a simple colonoscopy. "The colonoscopy" had already been had- by me. wink

Last edited by eyeball; 06/14/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by saddlesore
The new prep fluids and the anesthetic used today is lot better than those used previously.
I had one 5 years ago. Do they have something better than Moviprep for the koolaid now?

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Forgot what it is, but it is definitely better.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Tanglewood
Worst part of any colonoscopy is finding something that might end your life.
Second worst part is.........

.........doing the procedure unsedated.
I drive the 228 miles to the VA hospital and spent the night in a hotel room "cleansing" my tract. The next morning they wanted to cancel because i didn't have anyone to drive me home (the other 228 miles).
I convinced them-and it wasn't easy-that i had one prior and that it was no problem.....i hadn't been sedated for that one either.
There were a bunch of people in the semi-dark room gathered around me and the viewing monitor......i found out the "extras" were there to see how long the 64 yr old guy would last.
Right off.....i soon realized my first colonoscopy was a rip off.....it lasted maybe 10 minutes.
This one lasted 45 minutes with several moments of "concern" on my part.......those twist and turns are attention getters.
Forget waterboarding....... there were times i wanted to confess and make up sh�t........

Anyway,they found 5 polyps which were later determined to be benign. Afterwards i went to an IHOP and had a great breakfast. From there i went to Sportsmans Warehouse and a couple of gun shops before going back to the hotel.

IC B3

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
The day after is a Free Fart Day. Since you are full of gas its permissible to fart any where at any time.

The current medication makes me ill & I have to have mine redone. Surprised since my commode was well used & abused. Doctor advised that there was nothing else he could use. I have been told I will require two days of prep this time before the procedure.
My first colonoscopy 4 years ago was done using a med that my doctor contends is no longer available.

Life Members SCI & NRA. NRA Instructor & RSO. What have YOU done to support hunting & gun rights?
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Get an oxygen enema instead.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Right off.....i soon realized my first colonoscopy was a rip off.....it lasted maybe 10 minutes.
The fast one only scopes the lower part of the colon, before the curves. It's often done in a dr's office. The long one goes all the way to the end. People who are paying for it themselves often go for the quick one because it's much cheaper.

FWIW, I found out that if you're due for one, always have a doctor set it up. Insurance companies will pay for them if a doctor orders it. If you do it yourself, they often won't pay.

― George Orwell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by saddlesore
I had one 5 years ago. Do they have something better than Moviprep for the koolaid now?

Still moviprep. Had one 2 weeks ago and prepped on Sunday evening. Last Sunday evening I was enjoying a beer thinking about what I was doing the Sunday before. I think tomorrow will be the same way.....I'll be counting my blessings that I'm not going through it again.

Getting up at 4:30 am to start the 2nd round of Moviprep is the most unfun thing I've ever done in the middle of the night.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I didn't think the Moviprep really tasted all that bad. The problem was that my throat rebelled and refused to swallow it, kind of like I had a noose around my neck.

― George Orwell

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I recommend a small female Asian doctor as your urologist.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Well this sounds like no fun at all. Hopefully it'll be some years before I need one, if ever. I guess I mistakenly assumed that once the "gates are breached" so to speak, the worst would be over, thinkin there's probably not many nerves in the intestine? Sounds like I may be incorrect about this...So, how does one go about assuring they never need this procedure?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by xxclaro
So, how does one go about assuring they never need this procedure?

Die early.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Well this sounds like no fun at all. Hopefully it'll be some years before I need one, if ever. I guess I mistakenly assumed that once the "gates are breached" so to speak, the worst would be over, thinkin there's probably not many nerves in the intestine? Sounds like I may be incorrect about this...So, how does one go about assuring they never need this procedure?

They do offer pills instead. Ask your doc about it. You have to start earlier in the afternoon. And you still have to drink a lot of water. I don't have to do another scope for 5 to 10 years, but I'll choose the pills next time fo' sho'!!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by aalf
So, how does one go about assuring they never need this procedure?

Die early.....

You will at least wish it so!

Best way to describe it is you'll be peeing out of your azzhole all night. I told my mother I was going to set my alarm for 4:30 am so I could start the 2nd round and she said "Don't bother.....you'll be up". LOL.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

585 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 62 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,457 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,191
Posts18,484,973
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.