Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
and admit that my eyesight is not getting any better. In fact, I think it's a little worse. I had the bleed inside my left eye one night about 3 months ago and have had 3 injections in my left eye and could get by fairly well but I think my right eye is going.

I'm bothered by lack of depth perception due to my left eye not functioning properly and the other day I went to Slocomb, AL and had trouble reading road signs that had their faces in the shade due to the morning sun. A traffic light that was not of the new variety and bright gave me a lot of trouble.

I had one job called in yesterday but that's going to be the last one. Chris may take it over and has mentioned buying my lathe. I just think it's time.

I appreciate all you guys that allowed us to work for you. Truth be told I've not been able to make everyone giddy but we've certainly tried.

Thanks, again, my good friends. smile

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like it's time to sit back with your pups and enjoy what life has to offer Mr Coleman, you have certainly earned it.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I hate to hear it Mickey!

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Sorry to hear this. Everything you or you and Chris sent me has been great. I'm especially fond of a 22-250AI.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We're all going to get there sooner or later.

Just think about all the extra dogs you'll be able to have once you get rid of some equipment... wink

IC B2

P
P
This old Penna. Coleman is also having trouble with the peepers too!! Heck to get old but beats the alternative......

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
I hate to hear it Mickey!

We're almost through with yours. Chris only comes one day a week and has to miss those days some so it's slowed things down somewhat. Have no fear, though. smile

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Hopefully it will turn around soon.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Hate to hear it, Mickey, but it sounds like it is indeed time for you to kick back some more and enjoy your friends and your canine buddies. May God bless you and keep you healthy.

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
jpb Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mickey, if things ever get bad enough so that you start to have problems using a computer, please let us know.

I have set up computers for people with VERY limited vision (i.e. legally blind). Given the other guys here with real computer expertise, I am sure others could help too.

The internet in general (and this site in particular) is a great way for people to avoid becoming isolated due to health reasons (or taking a job in another country, etc.).

I sure hope your vision improves or at least stabilizes, but if not, there is help!

You don't need to see to use a computer, and you don't even need extra programs. Linux has some support, as does the Apple OS, but Windows is out in front with its built-in support.

John

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Remember, brother. One day you get it all back! Be faithful.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry to hear about your eyes Mickey. I hope they improve soon

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Mickey, I'm sorry to hear about your vision.

Your reputation for quality and customer service is the best legacy any man could hope for.

A chapter ends and another begins. You have my prayers and best wishes.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Crud, hate to hear that, but send thanks from the shooting world and best wishes!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
mickey, one door might be closing, but another opens up. Take the dog thing seriously. I would hope it has ocurred to you but if not i am going to say it, probably not a higher calling out there than what you do for those pups.
I had the girl princess golden retriever on the couch behind me this morning. She was lightly growling at me while looking a that container of oatmeal cookies my wife had baked in there.
She is getting verbal now when she thinks she deserves a snack.
FYI:
this dog has had a crotch issue since we got her, breaks out in this nasty skin rash. Vet gave us a spray, moderate relief, then pills, then another type of pill actually that works, but due to demand probably won't be available again for about a year. So, we improvised and have been using gold bond baby medicated powder on her, she gets dusted every day, seems like it cleared up the skin allergy rash. For what it's worth.
if it wasn't serious, it would be almost funny, having to put powder on your dog for jock itch.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/19/14.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hillbillybear
Sorry to hear about your eyes Mickey. I hope they improve soon

Joe, I have macular degeneration and they will not improve. My father had it and was legally blind. I can still read and am very thankful for that.

John, I appreciate you and will certainly keep your kind offer in mind. I use Windows and have been very satisfied with it. Thank you both so much.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864
Mickey, I'm sorry to hear about your vision.

Your reputation for quality and customer service is the best legacy any man could hope for.

A chapter ends and another begins. You have my prayers and best wishes.

Ed

Thank you, Ed. What more could a man want than the effectual prayers of a righteous man.... "they availeth much".

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Ron, I never despair. In fact, I'm ready to call it quits in the gun business. Truth be told, it has ceased to be fun any longer. Probably because I've gotten older and lazier. I didn't plant a garden this year and may not ever plant one again. If I decided to forego gardening I have a like new Troy-Bilt tiller from the 1974 era that somebody should want. I'll know more next year.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just time to start a new chapter Mickey, keep on reading the book.

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by MColeman
and admit that my eyesight is not getting any better. In fact, I think it's a little worse. I had the bleed inside my left eye one night about 3 months ago and have had 3 injections in my left eye and could get by fairly well but I think my right eye is going.

I'm bothered by lack of depth perception due to my left eye not functioning properly and the other day I went to Slocomb, AL and had trouble reading road signs that had their faces in the shade due to the morning sun. A traffic light that was not of the new variety and bright gave me a lot of trouble.

I had one job called in yesterday but that's going to be the last one. Chris may take it over and has mentioned buying my lathe. I just think it's time.

I appreciate all you guys that allowed us to work for you. Truth be told I've not been able to make everyone giddy but we've certainly tried.

Thanks, again, my good friends. smile
Sorry to hear it Mickey, but the guy I replaced in this area was losing his eyesight also.. When that goes in this business, it's time to hang it up..

I figger I've got maybe 1-2 years left before I sell off all my extra parts.. smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 65 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,724
Posts18,514,268
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.