Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Guy I work with just bit the dust as far as possessing a firearm for the next 10 years. Gotta sell his house and move out of Lincoln or be a felon. Lincoln City Ordinance. Busted for DUI. .11 had his purchase permit revoked, hunting license cancelled. Listed as prohibited. Real Bummer.

http://lincoln.ne.gov/city/attorn/lmc/ti09/ch936.pdf

(b) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess any firearm within the corporate limits or
on any property of the City of Lincoln outside the corporate limits when that person has been
convicted of two or more of the following offenses within the last ten years: Driving under the
influence of alcoholic liquor or drugs in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 60-6,196; Driving under the
influence of alcoholic liquor or drugs in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code � 10.16.030; Implied
consent to submit to chemical test, refusal in violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. � 60-6-197; Chemical test,
refusal in violation of Lincoln Municipal Code �10.16.040; or any conviction under a law of another
state or municipality if at the time of the conviction under said law the offence for which the person
was convicted would have been a violation of Neb. Rev. Stat. �� 60-6,196 or 60-6,197.

Swifty
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Play stupid games; win stupid prizes.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I wonder how long it will be before getting a speeding ticket results in the same.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
.11 is a felony charge in most places. Traffic violations aren't even misdemeanors.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It says he has to have been busted for 2 offenses before he loses his right to possess a firearm, DUI is one, what is the other?

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not real sympathetic for drunk drivers as the typical recipient of a DUI has driven drunk 100 times before they get popped.

The real bummer is the guy isn't responsible enough to operate an automobile while sober.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
It says he has to have been busted for 2 offenses before he loses his right to possess a firearm, DUI is one, what is the other?

Assuming he did it twice to be sure he got it right.

Sorry no sympathy here.

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -Will Rogers

"If you have a lot of self control you don't need a lot of government control" - Thomas Sowell
F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
After watching my wife suffer from long term effects of being in an auto accident caused by a drunk driver , I have NO sympathy for him. If he can't drink at home or have someone else drive, don't f*&^%$ drink. And if he's not responsible enough to NOT drink and drive, he's NOT responsible enough to have a gun.
And like the above poster asked: what's the other felony?????

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mink

Sorry no sympathy here.

Amen!

Is it a felony DUI? 2nd offense? If it is, he can't buy or possess guns now anyway.....anywhere.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i think a more fitting punishment would be to be put into a room with a couple of real hardasses who beat the piss out of him for a few hours. that and a $1000 fine would suffice for the 1st offense.

My diploma is a DD214
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Drink that gooberment control kool aid is good for you boys, drink your freedoms away.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
It has to do with judgement. If he can't avoid drinking and driving and doesn't realize he is a danger to the public, well........

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No letting him buy firearms won't keep him from drinking and driving again either. Just sayin...

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 700LH
Drink that gooberment control kool aid is good for you boys, drink your freedoms away.

You, are a [bleep]' idiot.

Felonies have ALWAYS negated certain freedoms. If you can't keep your azz sober to drive what in the Hell makes you think you'd be sober enough to have/possess/CCW a firearm?

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Sorry no sympathy here.

A Constitutionally guaranteed right cannot lawfully be taken away.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox

Sorry no sympathy here.

A Constitutionally guaranteed right cannot lawfully be taken away.

Yeah, it can. Check the "social contract" theory by both Locke and Hobbes, common law from England and the US, and essentially any theory of criminal justice.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I wasn't aware of a right given by the constitution, that should not be affected by various crimes.

Should a murder still be able to buy/possess if paroled?

As to the solution, moving out of town seems to answer it. I dont know why folks want to live in towns anyway, but I'm damn glad most do. That way the country stays country.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No sympathy for anyone who drinks and drives. I lost a girlfriend to a drunk driver many years ago. He's alive and well today, and probably still on the streets, while my lovely girlfriend is dead. You drink and drive, you pay the price. No level of dumphuckitude should ever be tolerated, especially when it jeopardizes innocent people's lives.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by 700LH

Pretty much on the money here 700LH. I don't believe anyone should drive drunk or above the legal limit either. Seems to me though a lot of emphasis is put on DUI and spd tickets compared to more important issues but these are the big money makers for the LEO's and justice depts. in this country I'd rather share the road with a guy who had 1 beer over the legal limit than his wife or kids talking on their cell phones or texting while driving. 30 million illegal yahoos over the border not getting more than a wrist slap while our AIC looks the other way or encourages it plus giving them a free ride on all the rest of our backs. Yup, got to hear some more about what laws need to prosecuted to the max and which ones the rest of us are supposed to look the other way on. You know you can murder,drive drunk,use illegal drugs and any other crime you can think of and be innocent of it all if you aren't caught and convicted of it according to the libs. No morals necessary or illegal behavior be considered as long as you don't get caught and convicted, only then your guilty. Never mind what you do until caught and convicted. DUI people 1 beer over the limit aren't the problem in this country our government is. Mag Man

Last edited by Magnum_Man; 06/23/14.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by rost495
I wasn't aware of a right given by the constitution, that should not be affected by various crimes.

I'm not aware of any rights "given" by the constitution. God given or natural rights exist with or without the constitution as that document merely enumerates them.

NRA Benefactor Member

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizenry still gets to vote!"
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

92 members (10gaugemag, 300_savage, AB2506, 406_SBC, 14 invisible), 3,668 guests, and 771 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,806
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.