Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
If your friend was a law enforcement officer in Lincoln he would be exempt from the city's "special rules" for prohibited persons, I read the link. I'm glad I don't live in Lincoln.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence". John Adams

"A dishonest man can always be trusted to be dishonest". Captain Jack Sparrow

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Not real sympathetic for drunk drivers as the typical recipient of a DUI has driven drunk 100 times before they get popped.

The real bummer is the guy isn't responsible enough to operate an automobile while sober.

Yep

Not at all

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NeBassman
If your friend was a law enforcement officer in Lincoln he would be exempt from the city's "special rules" for prohibited persons, I read the link. I'm glad I don't live in Lincoln.

Yep, I know. Just didn't want to get into LEO bashing just because the rules don't apply to the privledged special few who are always put up on a pedestal, but routinely fall off of it.

Swifty
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by aspade
Originally Posted by Scott F

The guy in the OP blew the .11. The drunk napping across both lanes was a lot worse.

Still, a .11 should not drive again. Drink at home, have a designated driver or take a cab.

The drunk napping across both lanes was likely in the .20 plus, probably way plus range. What does that have to do with someone who had four or five beers to hit .11? Why even bring it up?

I have reason for not liking people who drive impaired. A reading of .11 is impaired.

I suffer for a disease contracted on active duty. It went dormant for years and then came back. It includes sudden onset attacks of vertigo. When it came back I retired and turned in my CDL. I no longer drive because I don't want drivers on the road who are like me. I don't care what the cause is, drinking, drugs, or illness, if you are impaired stay the hell away from the driver's seat.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Boozers are losers, particularly when they drive drunk. I have no sympathy for the punishment they receive, with the clear and personally unwavering exception of loss of Constitutionally protected rights.

Lincoln's "law" is clearly unconstitutional. Such illegal laws are designed to weaken 2A and all our protected rights. I'm surprised some of you don't understand that.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hmmm, I think that making possession,operation and/or ownership of ANY motor vehicle after a DWI should be a felony. Owning MV's is NOT a protected right,driving one even less. In factI believe that if someone uses a MV during the commission of ANY crime,misdemeanor or felony, the car should be confiscated and the above conditions apply.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by EvilTwin
Hmmm, I think that making possession,operation and/or ownership of ANY motor vehicle after a DWI should be a felony. Owning MV's is NOT a protected right,driving one even less. In factI believe that if someone uses a MV during the commission of ANY crime,misdemeanor or felony, the car should be confiscated and the above conditions apply.
I don't disagree but the law in Lincoln affects his gun rights.

Guy I work with just bit the dust as far as possessing a firearm for the next 10 years. Gotta sell his house and move out of Lincoln or be a felon. Lincoln City Ordinance. Busted for DUI. .11 had his purchase permit revoked, hunting license cancelled.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
While I don't want drunk drivers on the road.... and I don't even drink and haven't for going on 30 years, when laws like this can be passed.... not only is it aimed at DUI people, there are other offenses that can "take away" someone's right to bear arms...

its a bureaucratic divide and conquer mentality... and they use it subtly, coming up with reasons that the rest of the public will have no sympathy for the person who lost their gun rights...

make no mistake, the real target is ALL Gun Owners.. its just bureaucrats marking their time, and taking gun ownership away from citizens one at a time if need be....

while I have little sympathy for Drunk Drivers.. this isn't the way to try and solve the problem....

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
We should shoot them while we still are able. grin whistle

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by eyeball
Yeah. 2 drinks at a Christmas party will blow a .11, yet we let 20'year olds with 4 kids from Mexico run over folks all day with a f250 and give them welfare dough to buy it, not counting the jokers from the Middle East and Mozambique.

Apples to donuts.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
Originally Posted by Mink
Originally Posted by AkMtnHntr
It says he has to have been busted for 2 offenses before he loses his right to possess a firearm, DUI is one, what is the other?

Assuming he did it twice to be sure he got it right.

Sorry no sympathy here.

A Constitutionally guaranteed right cannot lawfully be taken away.

Good friend lost his rights in the process of a manslaughter charge which also took all the other guys rights away. It was only a simple DUI. My friend is a really good guy, a stellar citizen, and an upright member of society these days. The other fellow is neither a citizen nor upright any longer.....sucks for both of them I guess. Looks to me like the fellow from Lincoln could just move out and carry on as ever with no change in possession or ownership - at least in the City of Lincoln's eyes; doesn't seem so bad.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I don't believe convicted felons should be denied their 2nd Amendment right.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Its all going to hell. Guy I know was pizzing of a jet ski. Lake patrol saw him from the bank. Nobody else around. If his charges stick he will have to resistor as a sex offender.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Sorry, cry on someone else's shoulder......his choice, pay the consequence.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave

The 2nd Amendment clearly forbids it.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
UBER forbids.

Travis

Last edited by deflave; 06/24/14.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by skywalker
Sorry, cry on someone else's shoulder......his choice, pay the consequence.

You must be the evil skywalker.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickmenefee
Its all going to hell. Guy I know was pizzing of a jet ski. Lake patrol saw him from the bank. Nobody else around. If his charges stick he will have to resistor as a sex offender.

Bummer.
He should have got in an pizzed in the water, like me.

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Travis

How do I go about getting franchise rights to open gun stores in the state and fed penitentiaries?

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Calhoun

Travis

How do I go about getting franchise rights to open gun stores in the state and fed penitentiaries?

Those that prefer safety over freedom, deserve neither

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,071
Posts18,482,609
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.