Hop To
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Bill Clinton budgeted to receive nearly $1 million in taxpayer money in 2014

By Bill McMorris
Published June 24, 2014
Washington Free Beacon

An April Congressional Research Service (CRS) report shows that the Government Services Administration (GSA), which is in charge of supporting federal disbursements, budgeted $950,000 for former president Bill Clinton in the 2014 budget.

Clinton will collect a $201,000 pension in 2014, a figure four times larger than the median family income in the United States. The Clintons have received a total of $15,938,000 in federal money since 2001.

Hillary Clinton recently described the poverty her family experienced upon exiting the White House while promoting her book. They were �dead broke,� Hillary said, adding that she and her husband �struggled to, you know, piece together the resources for mortgages for houses, for Chelsea�s education, you know, it was not easy.�

Clinton�s pension is just a small portion of the costs the former president will incur over the next year. GSA budgeted $450,000 to pay for Clinton�s office space, the highest total of the four living presidents.

CRS noted that America has not always taken financial care of their former heads of state. Harry S. Truman, for example, died in poverty in his Missouri home after leaving the White House.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-taxpayer-money-in-2014/?intcmp=trending

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

S
S
Houses? If you are paying for houses, you don't need my sympathy or money. Poor bastards.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
my... how far down the rung .... has gone the average joe...

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Presidents leaving office should only get their pension. Zip, zero, nada anything else.
We don't 'owe' them a damn thing.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Presidents leaving office should only get their pension. Zip, zero, nada anything else.

Amen. Why are we paying Slick's office expenses too? What do they think he does out of that office? He runs a business out of it!!!!!!!!!!! mad

Islam is a terrorist organization.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
No wonder so many dumb [bleep] want to run for the office. The best damn job any of them will ever have in their life times.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Take for example the guy in Minnesota that was appointed to complete Paul Wellstone's term after he died in a plane crash up in Hibbing while campaigning...

he served less than a month, yet he gets FULL senatorial retirement benefits...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by atvalaska

I am not so worried about the average Joe (except to think that he's getting the short end of the stick in every direction from the pols.) This is the US. There's SUPPOSED to be income inequality. It reflects relative contributions to society. Years ago a famous college English prof told us that the fact that poets were poor pretty much evidenced what they were really worth in the community.

Obviously there are injustices. Some jerk rap artist make piles. A corporate raider makes even more. But the very worst injustice in my book is how these politicians all become millionaires and cannot be dislodged. The examples here are just a starting point. mad

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Bill trying to convince that Hillary is "jes reg'lar folks".

Cleanup on aisle five: Bubba tries to help Hillary - Former President Bill Clinton tried to defend his wife�s claim that the family, which has raked in an estimated $155 million since leaving the White House in 2001, is not �truly well off� and crediting her rapid rise into the economic stratosphere to �hard work.� The former president, appearing at an event hosted by the family�s quarter-billion dollar foundation in the swing state of Colorado, defended Hillary Clinton, the 2016 Democratic frontrunner, saying that she was connected to ordinary concerns, in part because the family goes grocery shopping. �We go to our local grocery store on the weekend,� the former president told David Gregory, an NBC News host who was part of the Clinton event. �We talk to people in our town. We know what�s going on. The real issue is, if you�ve been fortunate enough to be successful, are you now out of touch and insensitive to the agonizing struggles other people are facing? That�s the real issue.� When they do go to the market, the Clintons aren�t likely encountering much in the way of �agonizing� economic issues. The Clinton�s hometown, Chappaqua, N.Y., was recently ranked as having the fifth-wealthiest Zip Code in the nation. The former president did say that his wife�s claims of hardship were not the �most adept.�

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
This wont matter when she gets the nod from her party and the media clams up about anything negative about her.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
If they serve as some sort of representative of the US, then they should be paid for that. But that ought to be a specific job, for which there is a specific budget.

If the president is on the government payroll and we're paying for his "office", then he should not be getting big bucks for speaking engagements; that's double dipping.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Anjin
Originally Posted by atvalaska

I am not so worried about the average Joe (except to think that he's getting the short end of the stick in every direction from the pols.) This is the US. There's SUPPOSED to be income inequality. It reflects relative contributions to society. Years ago a famous college English prof told us that the fact that poets were poor pretty much evidenced what they were really worth in the community.

Obviously there are injustices. Some jerk rap artist make piles. A corporate raider makes even more. But the very worst injustice in my book is how these politicians all become millionaires and cannot be dislodged. The examples here are just a starting point. mad

Need to get this message to the Roman Pope and a few of his Cardinals. Maybe, just maybe, the Church can give all that payoff money for sexual abuse to the poor instead of to lawyers and settlements.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I hold the view that when the bastards are out of public employ they should be getting absolutely nothing, just like the rest of us when we change jobs.

The mongrels here pull the exact same stunts.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JSTUART

I hold the view that when the bastards are out of public employ they should be getting absolutely nothing, just like the rest of us when we change jobs.

The mongrels here pull the exact same stunts.

If they could only get Social Security based on years of work, you can bet that they wouldn't put that program at risk -- as they threaten to do from time to time.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I understand the logic...

but

this really sucks

cause we are twice porked

thrice if you count Hildy

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

402 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 53 invisible), 2,487 guests, and 1,154 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,647
Posts18,512,544
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.