Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Well in keeping with the Obama Administration to undermine our military and make it a social experiment, the Pentagon appointed the first Female 4 Star Admiral...

Michelle Janine Howard... 54 yrs old...

I know it is my 'racist' eye sight.. but she looks Black....

[Linked Image]

But of course I know that doesn't have a thing to do with it... it is all based on her stellar military command potential and her fast track career based on her patriotism..

her skin color or sex has NOTHING to do with this milestone in our nation's military history...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John, I think you've just killed Jorge! Don't let him see what's become of his beloved Navy. You'll send him off to valhala too early!

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What did this woman do to earn such rank - did she command some significant action during a war - is she a top-flight naval battle strategist - can she drive a big boat? Otherwise, why?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I sincerely hope she proves you guys wrong. I fear you are perfectly correct in how she got there, mind you. I just hope she performs far above expectations.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Put her on submarine duty.

Haven't decided on one yet
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The face of Obama's new Milquetoast Military.

Where race and political correctness are the stock in trade of the Beltway warrior. sick cry

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[b][color:#3333FF]Link...![/color][/b]

Vice Admiral Howard is a 1978 graduate of Gateway High School in Aurora, Colorado. She graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1982 and from the Army�s Command and General Staff College in 1998, with a Masters in Military Arts and Sciences.

Howard�s initial sea tours were aboard USS Hunley (AS 31) and USS Lexington (AVT 16). While serving on board Lexington, she received the secretary of the Navy/Navy League Captain Winifred Collins award in May 1987. This award is given to one woman officer a year for outstanding leadership. She reported to USS Mount Hood (AE 29) as chief engineer in 1990 and served in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. She assumed duties as first lieutenant on board the USS Flint (AE 32) in July 1992. In January 1996, she became the executive officer of USS Tortuga (LSD 46) and deployed to the Adriatic in support of Operation Joint Endeavor, a peacekeeping effort in the former Republic of Yugoslavia. Sixty days after returning from the Mediterranean deployment, Tortuga departed on a West African training cruise, where the ship�s Sailors, with embarked Marines and U.S. Coast Guard detachment, operated with the naval services of seven African nations.

She took command of USS Rushmore (LSD 47) on March 12, 1999, becoming the first African American woman to command a ship in the U.S. Navy. Howard was the commander of Amphibious Squadron Seven from May 2004 to September 2005. Deploying with Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 5, operations included tsunami relief efforts in Indonesia and maritime security operations in the North Arabian Gulf. She commanded Expeditionary Strike Group Two from April 2009 to July 2010. In 2009, she deployed to CENTCOM theater, where she commanded Task Force 151, Multi-national Counter-piracy effort, and Task Force 51, Expeditionary Forces. In 2010, she was the Maritime Task Force commander for BALTOPS, under 6th Fleet.

Her shore assignments include: J-3, Global Operations, Readiness and executive assistant to the Joint Staff director of Operations; deputy director N3 on the OPNAV staff; deputy director, Expeditionary Warfare Division, OPNAV staff; senior military assistant to the secretary of the Navy; Chief of Staff to the director for Strategic Plans and Policy, J-5, Joint Staff, deputy commander, US Fleet Forces Command, and Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Operations, Plans & Strategy (N3/N5).

She will assume duties as the 38th Vice Chief of Naval Operations.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Vice Admiral Howard is a 1978 graduate of Gateway High School in Aurora, Colorado. She graduated from the United States Naval Academy in 1982 and from the Army�s Command and General Staff College in 1998, with a Masters in Military Arts and Sciences.

Howard�s initial sea tours were aboard USS Hunley (AS 31) and USS Lexington (AVT 16). While serving on board Lexington, she received the secretary of the Navy/Navy League Captain Winifred Collins award in May 1987. This award is given to one woman officer a year for outstanding leadership. She reported to USS Mount Hood (AE 29) as chief engineer in 1990 and served in Operations Desert Shield and Desert Storm. She assumed duties as first lieutenant on board the USS Flint (AE 32) in July 1992. In January 1996, she became the executive officer of USS Tortuga (LSD 46) and deployed to the Adriatic in support of Operation Joint Endeavor, a peacekeeping effort in the former Republic of Yugoslavia. Sixty days after returning from the Mediterranean deployment, Tortuga departed on a West African training cruise, where the ship�s Sailors, with embarked Marines and U.S. Coast Guard detachment, operated with the naval services of seven African nations.

She took command of USS Rushmore (LSD 47) on March 12, 1999, becoming the first African American woman to command a ship in the U.S. Navy. Howard was the commander of Amphibious Squadron Seven from May 2004 to September 2005. Deploying with Expeditionary Strike Group (ESG) 5, operations included tsunami relief efforts in Indonesia and maritime security operations in the North Arabian Gulf. She commanded Expeditionary Strike Group Two from April 2009 to July 2010. In 2009, she deployed to CENTCOM theater, where she commanded Task Force 151, Multi-national Counter-piracy effort, and Task Force 51, Expeditionary Forces. In 2010, she was the Maritime Task Force commander for BALTOPS, under 6th Fleet.

Her shore assignments include: J-3, Global Operations, Readiness and executive assistant to the Joint Staff director of Operations; deputy director N3 on the OPNAV staff; deputy director, Expeditionary Warfare Division, OPNAV staff; senior military assistant to the secretary of the Navy; Chief of Staff to the director for Strategic Plans and Policy, J-5, Joint Staff, deputy commander, US Fleet Forces Command, and Deputy Chief of Naval Operations for Operations, Plans & Strategy (N3/N5).

It's not fair to hammer the knee jerks with facts and a solid resume.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

You think she is more qualified than anyone else in the Navy?

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by LostHighway

Not trying to hammer anybody...

I never served so I don't know much, but just posted her resume so those in The Know could read it..

Sounds like a bunch of fluff to me...Tsunami relief, peacekeeping in Yugoslavia, etc,..?

IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
The problem with affirmative action (well, one problem among many) is that is tends to cause doubts in the minds of reasonable people that the achievements of racial minorities and women are based on merit.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Seafire
Well in keeping with the Obama Administration to undermine our military and make it a social experiment, the Pentagon appointed the first Female 4 Star Admiral...

Michelle Janine Howard... 54 yrs old...

I know it is my 'racist' eye sight.. but she looks Black....

[Linked Image]

But of course I know that doesn't have a thing to do with it... it is all based on her stellar military command potential and her fast track career based on her patriotism..

her skin color or sex has NOTHING to do with this milestone in our nation's military history...

...........Or her sexual orientation or political party affiliation.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Gonna put her in charge of POTS & PANS!!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
How many eyelids can that epidermis support?

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We are talking a Navy that has not been in ship to ship combat of any importance since WW2. Really, they haul azz and trash. All support of ground actions or air strikes. So really, how much actual combat experience does any commanding officer have, male or female?

Also, she's a female Obama. Father is black and mother British (assuming white) She is married to a retired Marine

Last edited by Armednfree; 07/01/14.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by RobJordan
The problem with affirmative action (well, one problem among many) is that is tends to cause doubts in the minds of reasonable people that the achievements of racial minorities and women are based on merit.

Sad, rock solid truth, undergirded by �.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
by looking at her eyes i would bet she is a alcoholic

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
I sincerely hope she proves you guys wrong. I fear you are perfectly correct in how she got there, mind you. I just hope she performs far above expectations.

So do I Rocky....

not for her sake, but the Sailors and Naval Officers under her command...

I'm all in favor of promotion based on merit, and without to skin color, political affiliation etc... but sadly any more that doesn't seem to be how it is done...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

OUTstanding....

I didn't know the Hunley was still in service by then.. We were tied up to it briefly in, IIRC, '69 when I was on Razorback.

From her history it appears the rank is justly deserved. Personally I don't give a rat's azz about her gender or her race - if she fits the bill she gets to star..

JM 02..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Do we have any Naval officers at all who've commanded a ship in combat? They've all been support missions for land operations. We haven't had a sea war for a few years so none of them have experience.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

555 members (1minute, 2500HD, 007FJ, 1badf350, 1Longbow, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 65 invisible), 2,152 guests, and 1,049 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,486
Posts18,508,963
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.