-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1,389 of 1,842 1 2 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1841 1842
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm doing equipment appraisals and sales for an online auction company. Ag, construction, trucks, vehicles and RV's but very heavy on the AG & construction end.

I'll be putting in a bunch of hours but it will be a very flexible schedule. No timeclock. That's right. No timeclock. That's still sinking in for me.

I have some other good investment opportunities on my plate that I wasn't able to pursue with a 9-5 job.

I've also been approached with some project management and product development gigs but I'm going to settle into this first & take on more if time allows. I don't want to get spread so thin that the bear cub forgets who I am.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
ah, the times they are a-changin'!

Sure is nice to see some people chase their dreams. I really hope it works out for everyone. I know that any time I hear someone talking about restoring an old car, I will pipe up with, "Hey, I know a guy who is really good at that!"

My daughter is in 4H and is doing the shooting sports. She shoots BB gun and archery every Wed. Pretty fun to watch her learn and it gave me the bug too and I have been shooting the bow the last few nights.

Youth Day Update: Things are rolling along and coming together. Lots of organizations have committed. Gonna be a great event on Aug 24.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Excellent news BM. When is the Game Fair? That's on August right? When that kicks off, it usually sets my hunting bug into overdrive!

Yes, WB... Ya got me on the cubic feet. smile

Camp is where you make it.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I would guess Gemefair is Aug 9 and 16. That is one of the reasons I moved our Youth Day to Aug 24.

What you do today is important, you are trading a day in the rest of your life for it.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thats great WB! be careful with the no time clock thing, it's easy to overwork yourself.

am I the only one who gets giddy when they have a trail camera out and feels like time is crawling by between checking it?
I catch myself thinking about what might be on it several times a day. it's too early to be feeling the fever isn't it?

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am right there with ya Ryan! We have been getting pictures of bucks during the daytime, so right this very minute there could be one in front of my camera. And my brother has the fever worses than me. I also love seeing the other types of critters out there. Although I am worried to death I might see a wolf.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tzone

Yes, WB... Ya got me on the cubic feet. smile

Sorry but it comes with the business as you know very well. smile

Have a great 4th everyone! We'll keep the politics to the campfire fourm. Bless this great country's birthday of independence & the conditions we all live in. We know it could be worse.

I feel fortunate that we can all base our decisions on our own thoughts & desires. We can still make our own choices.

Go to a parade, salute a soldier or vet, enjoy the day & celebrate safely.

Do not feed the bear!

White Bear sometimes treads on thin ice...
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Happy 4th to all!! I'm Gfabbing the geR and my line will be wet by 5:15. The weather is perfect, kids are happy, grandma is happy the kids are at the cabin... Pretty dang good right now!

Than you to the vets that make this still the greatest country in the world to live in.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Happy Birthday to our great Nation! on this day our forefathers decided to carve out a better country for all of us. most were wealthy men, and they sacrificed everything they had to the cause and this great nation. most lost their families and businesses and died with nothing more than a legacy of this country we call home.
God Bless America now and forever.

Have a safe Independence day everyone!

N
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
N
I'm sipping coffee, sitting on a wooden swing overlooking a small lake. Calm water, occasional fish jumping, loons laughing.

It's great.

Thanks guys for the nice patriotic posts on the 4th. It's important to express these traditional patriotic values. It's the only way we can expect our kids to pick these values up. Lord knows they won't get it in the schools these days.

Have a safe and happy red white and blue weekend everybody!

Something clever here.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
From the battlements of Fort Ticonderoga!

[Linked Image]

Happy Fourth of July!!

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Very cool ET.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Have a GREAT 4th everyone.

Gas is up to $4 a gallon here in Portland.

GS IS having a great time teasing grandma Judy.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except for bears. Bears kill you.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Hope everyone had a great Fourth!

Last edited by Topgunbill; 07/04/14.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ours was perfect, I mowed the lawn, kids played with a few sparklers, some bottle rockets. Mama and I enjoyed a couple of beers while grilling and we let the kids stay up, eating ice cream and watching the fireworks over town.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Had neighborhood fireworks going off until 2:30 this morning.

Son left for the coast at 2:30 to crew on his buddies boat for tuna. The tuna run just started. Todd's buddy is licensed to sell fish this year so they hope to get into the fish and make few bucks.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
that would be so fun! I would volunteer to do a stint catching tuna like that! tell him to take pics!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Son's group only caught 16 tuna. Two of the guys wanted to keep their fish, so kept one and gave the rest to the others. Quite few boats had no tuna. Friday was the hot day with most boats bringing in 40 or more.

Silver salmon were hitting and the guys limited with 2 each.

They also set crab pots and trapped 18 legal Dungeness crabs. Guess what we're having for dinner tonight.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Brats?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tzone
Brats?

with cheese,and beer?

[the member formerly known as fluffy}
Page 1,389 of 1,842 1 2 1387 1388 1389 1390 1391 1841 1842

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 56 invisible), 2,418 guests, and 1,224 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,396
Posts18,488,877
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.