Campfire Regular
H
[Linked Image]

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The officer was in the good:

http://fox59.com/2014/07/02/video-l...ng-over-man-in-wheelchair/#axzz36VxgUiix

As shown, the other 2 officerds did not arrest him and in fact arrested the criminal in the wheel chair. Damn shame he wasn't given a paid suspension so he could have better coped with the stress of being under the magnifying glass. Hope their police groups made it up to him.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Really? Nice try.

The Fox59 article you linked says that "The Lafayette Police Civil Service Commission...found Davidson guilty of unbecoming conduct in a 5-0 vote..."

In that same article, Lafayette Chief of Police said "...force applied in this incident was outside our training and policy..." and it was "...a use of force that should have never occurred in the first place. The officer should have avoided the path of the wheelchair..."

In addition, police only came to harass this paraplegic guy when they "received reports that he was armed," but found only a small pocketknife, i.e. nothing warranting the initial report of a gun?

Sorry, but nuances aside, I find it difficult to see this as a case of a persecuted and downtrodden officer who just wanted to do the right thing.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by conchworker
Really? Nice try.

The Fox59 article you linked says that "The Lafayette Police Civil Service Commission...found Davidson guilty of unbecoming conduct in a 5-0 vote..."

In that same article, Lafayette Chief of Police said "...force applied in this incident was outside our training and policy..." and it was "...a use of force that should have never occurred in the first place. The officer should have avoided the path of the wheelchair..."

In addition, police only came to harass this paraplegic guy when they "received reports that he was armed," but found only a small pocketknife, i.e. nothing warranting the initial report of a gun?

Sorry, but nuances aside, I find it difficult to see this as a case of a persecuted and downtrodden officer who just wanted to do the right thing.

Not a nice try, the simple truth. He is free without paying the wheelchair criminal a dime or being in jail for a second. Who was the only one arrested from the incident again? Wheelchair dude, that's who.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wow. So if I accidentally step on a cops foot he can throw me to the ground and arrest me?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Wow. So if I accidentally step on a cops foot he can throw me to the ground and arrest me?

Oh yes. If an officer grabs you and any part of your body strikes and officer you can be arrested.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...the-cop-who-came-to-help-raped-her.html#

Damn shame how the Feds got involved and took the whore's side because all of the locals from his partner watching the door outside to the DA's office had his back on this one.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by sherp
Really? Nice try.

Not a nice try, the simple truth. He is free without paying the wheelchair criminal a dime or being in jail for a second. Who was the only one arrested from the incident again? Wheelchair dude, that's who.

Just to make sure I understand. The police officer was proven innocent because:

1. He was not fired by the police, and
2. The police arrested someone else.

Fascinating and revealing logic. Thank you for the insights.

NRA Life Member
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
HMS,

sherp is a sock puppet persona of someone here.

He is vehemently anti-police, moreso than just to express outrage over the BS these cops did, but to a bitter extreme.

He exists here solely to
1) enrage folks like yourself by portraying an indiscriminate unwavering supporter of law enforcement to stupefying levels; to what end is not sure

and

2) to foment so much angst that even an objective person would be unable to express an opinion in cop threads without having the taint of his stupidity cast upon them.

Ultimately, you may align with him in this subject, more than you think, but I would hope not.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Wow, I heard that mid-westerners did some cow tipping,but this appears to be a new wrinkle.

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Thanks RWE, that explains a lot...I was struggling to understand how a rational person was reaching these conclusions.

EvilTwin, I think the officer just misread the instructions. Understandable mistake.

NRA Life Member
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by HMS_Deptford
Originally Posted by sherp
Really? Nice try.

Just to make sure I understand. The police officer was proven innocent because:

1. He was not fired by the police, and
2. The police arrested someone else.

Fascinating and revealing logic. Thank you for the insights.

1) Retaining one's position is an indicator the person holding it is doing what is expected of them.

2) Getting locked in a cell seems to be a punishment to me.

Why does that seem like some New Age logic to you? You get fired and jailed often or something?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
HMS,

sherp is a sock puppet persona of someone here.

He is vehemently anti-police, moreso than just to express outrage over the BS these cops did, but to a bitter extreme.

He exists here solely to
1) enrage folks like yourself by portraying an indiscriminate unwavering supporter of law enforcement to stupefying levels; to what end is not sure

and

2) to foment so much angst that even an objective person would be unable to express an opinion in cop threads without having the taint of his stupidity cast upon them.

Ultimately, you may align with him in this subject, more than you think, but I would hope not.

No one's sock puppet unless you are talking about Isaac?

I have no issue with the police making the news here and do not see why anyone else would. Obviously the officers that are in the videos with them and officers watching the videos have no qualms with what happens so since they know the deal best I don't see why anyone else would take issue with what is being presented, Certainly good conservatives (and even most liberals) support their actions since it keeps civilians in line.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

109 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 300_savage, 1_deuce, 18 invisible), 14,945 guests, and 1,150 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,228
Posts18,543,978
Members74,060
Most Online21,066
May 26th, 2024

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.