Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Independence Day Parade Float Stirs Major Controversy but wins honorable mention.. laugh

Norfolk, NE - It's a controversial parade float that passed hundreds of people in Norfolk on the fourth of July, including children.

A pickup with a flatbed attached, carried an outhouse with a dummy. On the side of the float, writing that said "Obama's presidential library."

Glory Kathurima said she instantly knew what that meant. Her tone of happiness quickly changed to disgust and fear for her nine year old daughter. Many are calling it racist, including Kathurima, "I'm ashamed, I'm appalled."

The Norfolk mother is outraged, she calls the image, cruel, disrespectful and uncalled for. "You see people laughing, pointing at it, smiling, looking positive about it. I immediately felt sick to my stomach," said Kathurima who is from Kenya. "I knew what that meant and I knew there was no sort of political statement being made by an image like that."

The Nebraska democratic party said they're extremely disappointed in the town of Norfolk. They call it an act of blatant disrespect to the president in a fourth of July parade.

Dan Marvin, Executive director of the NDP said, "We have seen many times when Nebraskans disapprove of the president, but this clearly crosses the line." The party said it is one of the worst shows of racism for the office of the presidency that Nebraska has ever seen. "It's beyond disappointing the city of Norfolk, it's officials and citizens would allow such a thing."

The annual parade is hosted by the Norfolk Odd Fellows lodge. The parade committee has not commented on the float.

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Very funny, and appropriate.

Myron

How many peckers can a Pecker Checker check if a Pecker Checker could check peckers?
(stolen from shootinurse)
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
The Nebraska democrat party is (as usual) full of cry-babies who have no sense of humor. If it was Bush 43,they would be jumping for joy and saying "what a great town Norfolk is!"

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope they all had strokes!

Liberalism is a mental disorder that leads to social disease.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Even should it be in bad taste, and I am not saying it is, what exactly is racist about it? miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liberals don't have to objectively explain their charge of racism, they merely have to make it.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Not to be a smart-a**,but the answer is easy,because the D's said it was.

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I agree with OrangeOkie

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
what exactly is racist about it? miles

That's what I was wondering, lots of white folk schit in a outhouse. grin

Anytime you disagree with the libs yer a racist.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by milespatton
Even should it be in bad taste, and I am not saying it is, what exactly is racist about it? miles

Remember the rodeo clown that was persecuted for using a dummy wearing an Obama mask?

Nothing racist about it. Just depends on WHO you are making fun of. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
How many that were offended took pictures from a free phone?

Like blacks are the only ones that ever used an outhouse, or were told they are full of schit.

Sean
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
For those that do not know, Bill Clinton's presidential Library looks like a trailer house with the wheels removed. Never been in it, so I can't speak about the inside. miles

PS. No underpinning either. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess the joke is that the toilette paper represents the obammy presidential papers . . . I think of the toilette paper as the swaddling clothing when giving birth to another democrap! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Should have labeled that outhouse the Lie-brary

Last edited by websterparish47; 07/07/14.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (7mm_Loco, 10gaugemag, 2ndwind, 44automag, 99Ozarks, 673, 17 invisible), 1,480 guests, and 968 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,487
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.