print
Email this article
|
Tweet
MORE
Associated Press
Posted on June 9, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Updated Monday, Jun 9 at 2:34 PM
ALTADENA, Calif. (AP) � A Southern California high school teacher who allegedly kidnapped three of his students at knifepoint over the weekend and demanded they take him to Jack-in-the-Box has been suspended until further notice.
Arroyo Pacific Academy President Philip Clarke says the school contacted 34-year-old teacher John Edward Maust and told him he is on indefinite leave.
Clarke says the school will have no comment. He adds that Maust has been a long-term, well-respected member of the faculty so the staff's hearts and prayers go out to him and his family.
Clarke has been at the 130-student private school in Arcadia for 10 years. He teaches social studies and physical education.
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
A high school teacher asked three students for a ride, then abducted them at knifepoint and ordered them to take him to a fast food restaurant, Los Angeles County sheriff's detectives said Monday.
John Edward Maust, 34, a teacher at Arroyo Pacific Academy in Arcadia was standing on the sidewalk around 9:30 p.m. Saturday night when three 17-year-old male students from the academy stopped to say hello.
As the teacher walked toward them, he appeared to be intoxicated, the students told investigators.
When Maust asked for a ride, the students said yes and he got in the car.
Something Maust said in the car caused the driver to pull over and the students to jump out, but Maust ordered them back, pulled a knife and told them to take him to a Jack-in-the-Box restaurant. One of the students was able to call 911 as they drove, deputies said.
When Maust saw a sheriff's department helicopter, he got out of the car and fled, deputies said. None of the students was hurt.
On Sunday, around 1:30 p.m., Maust walked into the department's Altadena station and surrendered without incident. He was booked at the Crescenta Valley Station for investigation of kidnapping, false imprisonment, and criminal threats. He was being held on $100,000 bail.
Emails were sent to the president, vice presidents and principal at Arroyo Pacific in an attempt to locate an attorney for Maust, but none of them responded early Monday. A message was also left for the detective who wrote the news release, but he was in the field. Jail records do not have an attorney listed for Maust.
The school's website calls him an instructor. It does not say what he teaches or how long he has been there.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
He'll be promoted in salary when this is over... It's Kali, for God's sake..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's just a part of the Teacher State Culture.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Those damn Jackbooted teachers. I still don't understand why there isn't camera/voice in every classroom that allows parents to check in on teachers.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
hell yes let's whuupp up on teachers awhile, give the leos a break.. grin

IC B2

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
All things being equal, I'll take a few homeless folks getting punched in the snuzzle over a bunch of pedophiles in the classroom.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/01/kathryn-ronk-teacher-sex_n_5548321.html

The Huffington Post | By Andy Campbell

A Michigan teacher accused of having a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old student on school grounds is facing more accusations this week.

Kathryn Ronk, 29, was charged on Monday with three additional counts of first-degree sexual conduct, one count of possession of sexually abusive material featuring a child, and one count of furnishing alcohol to a minor. The additional charges stem new evidence that police say suggest she had several other sexual encounters with the boy on a Sterling Heights street and at the victim's home in Macomb Township, according to WXYZ.

Ronk was charged last week with five counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct in Oakland County. Police say she had an illicit relationship with the unidentified student in a classroom at Bishop Foley High School where she worked.

School officials fired Ronk right after the alleged victim's parents filed a police complaint against her in May, the New York Daily News reports. The married woman had been employed by the school since last August.

Photos from Ronk's Facebook profile, shown below, appear to display a partying lifestyle. She's frequently seen making obscene gestures or with a beer in her hand.

She turned herself in to police last Wednesday, and posted 10 percent of her $500,000 bail. She'll be required to wear a GPS locator while she's out of jail, though she's scheduled to be arraigned on the new charges Wednesday.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Honestly, I could post 20 pedophile teacher links from the past 2 weeks, at a minimum.

The pedophile culture must run deep with teachers.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Honestly, I could post 20 pedophile teacher links from the past 2 weeks, at a minimum.

The pedophile culture must run deep with teachers.

Check out the busdrivers also...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you're a good sport 'marm! laugh

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I also have no doubt that he is a most excellent teacher.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Agreed!

I also wish my son was so lucky to have a busdriver like yourself.

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i want to know where these hot female teachers were hiding when i was in school.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Likely with good looking teen boys.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
No kidding!

Turdlike, by default.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Redneck,

I don't think so. LA County sheriff will do him for 3 counts of kidnapping with penalty enhancements for use of a knife. Even if he was drunk, voluntary intoxication is no defense. He's looking at many years of teaching inmates at one of California's prisons.

Kidnapping is a serious felony. Where the victims are kids, cops are not lenient.

BTW, I wouldn't discount some type of mental illness such as schizophrenia. But not even mental illness will be a defense unless he can prove the Policeman's Rule defining insanity. And here, I doubt that he can.

Long story short, this dude's in a very deep hole that's filled with smelly excrement.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
And what teenage boy is stupid enough to snitch, and ruin it?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
And what teenage boy is stupid enough to snitch, and ruin it?

And what teenage boy ISN'T going to BRAG about it. It's only a matter of time before word gets to office or a parent.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and there's the rub...

Turdlike, by default.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi

And tell me that isn't a victimless crime! Bittch may be crazy, but damnnnn!... laugh

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

506 members (10gaugemag, 280fan, 22kHornet, 2500HD, 22magnut, 257 mag, 42 invisible), 2,353 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,564
Posts18,510,686
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.