Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I am enjoying this. grin

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by deflave
I notice you have done nothing to help answer the OP's question either.

Probably because you don't know schit about the Bible you [bleep]' pagan.

Your (unmasterly) attempts at baiting have gotten ever more transparent and childish. Quite the sign of desperation.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Hahaha! I knew you didn't know schit about the Bible you Godless piece of schit!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by ingwe
I am enjoying this. grin

Where do these unrepentant sacks of schit come from?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ingwe
I am enjoying this. grin

Where do these unrepentant sacks of schit come from?

He did a few Hail Mary's.

Which, in ingwe's case involves a self inflicted atomic wedgie.

IC B2

G
Gus Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
once upon a time, I worked for a dude, that when there was an opening in his department, he'd say, "send me a man who reads."

so I suppose reading anything is better than reading nothing. and some things are better to read than others.

if it wasn't written in English, I was schit out of luck. some other folks say, if it is written in English, to abandon the whole thingy.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Quote from AS
"All one has to do is follow the evidence and the absurdity of the above mind twist to realize the evidence does not support the proposition that this is plan of an all knowing all loving all powerful God."

But you have to follow the correct evidence before coming to the correct conclusion. I know by the way you talk that you have never been presented the correct evidence.

I know God, I talk to him and he talks to me. I have seen his work in my life and others. I have a life long friend who is now on an incredible new path because of God. 2 years ago he was nearly dead with a needle in his arm. Now he stands with me worshiping God with tears filling his face every Sunday. I have seen the evidence and it is real!!! I've seen the awesome work of God in people's lives.

If I could only sit down with you and talk to you and show you God's love and mercy,...I would give very much for that my friend.

RH, again, thanks for your kind words.

It may surprise you that my deep study of the evidence began while I was on the other side of the proposition. Church every Sunday, Bible study on Wednesdays. As a believer I assumed there was incontrovertible evidence for the Christian God within the Bible, evidence I could use to spread the Word and convert the heathens. Every Wednesday I would come to Bible study looking for this evidence, the instructors would promise it, then fail to deliver. I finally became frustrated with their endless circular reasoning, i.e. the Bible is true because this part of the Bible says this other part is true, and decided to find the evidence for myself, by starting at Genesis 1.1 and reading the entire Bible for myself.

It was reading the Bible that made me realize was neither all king, all knowing, nor all powerful, and that adopting the moral standards of the Bible as written would be a step backwards, not forward for myself.

RH, you tell a compelling personal story, and I applaud your successful redirection of a misguided person. Your story maybe evidence that religion can be useful, but it does not prove that it is true. During the time of the Greeks, the Ptolemaic geocentric model of the Universe was useful for predicting the movements of some celestial bodies. Despite this usefulness, the model is not consistent with what we now know about the movements of celestial bodies.

Further more, what you achieved has been replicated countless times, but in the name of different gods. Do you believe such changes have not occurred with the use of Hinduism, Buddhism, or the Confucius or the Ancient Greeks?

I applaud your good works, but they are not evidence for Truth.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Further more, what you achieved has been replicated countless times, but in the name of different gods. Do you believe such changes have not occurred with the use of Hinduism, Buddhism, or the Confucius or the Ancient Greeks?

You cannot equate these religions with Christianity. All religions except Christianity teach that mankind is perfectible and that if one�s good deeds outweigh one�s bad then and admission ticket to paradise/nirvana/favorable reincarnation etc. is earned.

Christianity teaches the exact opposite of that and it is the only religion to do so. That is, per Christianity, simply one bad deed condemns a person and we�ve all done that. Christianity teaches that Christ�s blood atones for us and is able to do so because he, in the form of man, did not, himself, sin. I know you know that�but yet you referred to the other religions, which is why I�m pointing out that while you call lump those other ones together Christianity does not belong in there with them. It�s not only different; it�s opposite.

And, by the way, with a proper understanding of this it�s easy to see why suicide bombing is appealing to Muslims. Per their teaching they can never know if their good deeds sufficiently outweighed their bad ones to earn them admission to paradise�..with one escape clause: if the die while killing infidels they automatically gain entry. So�.for those who truly believe in the teachings of Islam it�s a no brainer; it�s the best deal going. Too bad they�re being lied to by Satan.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Quote from AS
"All one has to do is follow the evidence and the absurdity of the above mind twist to realize the evidence does not support the proposition that this is plan of an all knowing all loving all powerful God."

But you have to follow the correct evidence before coming to the correct conclusion. I know by the way you talk that you have never been presented the correct evidence.

I know God, I talk to him and he talks to me. I have seen his work in my life and others. I have a life long friend who is now on an incredible new path because of God. 2 years ago he was nearly dead with a needle in his arm. Now he stands with me worshiping God with tears filling his face every Sunday. I have seen the evidence and it is real!!! I've seen the awesome work of God in people's lives.

If I could only sit down with you and talk to you and show you God's love and mercy,...I would give very much for that my friend.

RH, again, thanks for your kind words.

It may surprise you that my deep study of the evidence began while I was on the other side of the proposition. Church every Sunday, Bible study on Wednesdays. As a believer I assumed there was incontrovertible evidence for the Christian God within the Bible, evidence I could use to spread the Word and convert the heathens. Every Wednesday I would come to Bible study looking for this evidence, the instructors would promise it, then fail to deliver. I finally became frustrated with their endless circular reasoning, i.e. the Bible is true because this part of the Bible says this other part is true, and decided to find the evidence for myself, by starting at Genesis 1.1 and reading the entire Bible for myself.

It was reading the Bible that made me realize was neither all king, all knowing, nor all powerful, and that adopting the moral standards of the Bible as written would be a step backwards, not forward for myself.

RH, you tell a compelling personal story, and I applaud your successful redirection of a misguided person. Your story maybe evidence that religion can be useful, but it does not prove that it is true. During the time of the Greeks, the Ptolemaic geocentric model of the Universe was useful for predicting the movements of some celestial bodies. Despite this usefulness, the model is not consistent with what we now know about the movements of celestial bodies.

I applaud your good works, but they are not evidence for Truth.

The Truth is in the individual IMO

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You are absolutely right. I have witness this many times that people think their particular God has saved a loved one with their brand of magick.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Uriah

You cannot equate these religions with Christianity. All religions except Christianity teach that mankind is perfectible and that if one�s good deeds outweigh one�s bad then and admission ticket to paradise/nirvana/favorable reincarnation etc. is earned.

Christianity teaches the exact opposite of that and it is the only religion to do so. That is, per Christianity, simply one bad deed condemns a person and we�ve all done that. Christianity teaches that Christ�s blood atones for us and is able to do so because he, in the form of man, did not, himself, sin. I know you know that�but yet you referred to the other religions, which is why I�m pointing out that while you call lump those other ones together Christianity does not belong in there with them. It�s not only different; it�s opposite.

And, by the way, with a proper understanding of this it�s easy to see why suicide bombing is appealing to Muslims. Per their teaching they can never know if their good deeds sufficiently outweighed their bad ones to earn them admission to paradise�..with one escape clause: if the die while killing infidels they automatically gain entry. So�.for those who truly believe in the teachings of Islam it�s a no brainer; it�s the best deal going. Too bad they�re being lied to by Satan.

You missed the point.

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by derby_dude

You missed the point.

DD is correct, you completely missed the point.
I was not claiming these various theologies were the same, but asserting that each could be used as a tool to help a person off drugs. Since you brought up Islam, we could extend this example to include it, especially since the Koran and Hadiths prohibit the use of alcohol and intoxicants, and issues the death penalty for drug dealers.

My original example was a positive example, but we could approach the question from the negative side, and ask if other religions could achieve the same results as Islam, and cause a person to act as a suicide bomber, or in other ways, take their own life.

Again the answer is yes. The Japanese Kamikaze's were all Buddhist, and were largely recruited by Buddhist priests. The Tamil suicide bomber of Sri Lanka are Hindu. In WWII, some elements of the Christian/Catholic, German Luftwaffe Kamikaze tactics during the Battle for Berlin.

So once again we can demonstrate that different religions can achieve the same result.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hell, I thought this was about picking out watermelons.

I'm pretty good at drinking beer
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by derby_dude
You missed the point.

You often fall back on that crutch or similar ones (i.e., I didn�t understand your private definition of a given term, etc.) A more intellectually honest discussion would require that you addressed the point raised. So maybe it�s you that missed � and keeps missing -- the point.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U

I was not claiming these various theologies were the same, but asserting that each could be used as a tool to help a person off drugs.

No, I did not miss the point but, rather, addressed it directly. You�re using a specific and perhaps trivial* example to equate religions, namely, that it helped various people conquer an addiction. My response is that no, that won�t do, since the religions teach opposite things.

*Certainly not trivial to the people involved but trivial, rather, in the context of varying and divergent theological views of the universe.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by FlyingDog
Hell, I thought this was about picking out watermelons.

I think that's a different thread . LOL

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I was not claiming these various theologies were the same, but asserting that each could be used as a tool to help a person off drugs.

No, I did not miss the point but, rather, addressed it directly. You�re using a specific and perhaps trivial* example to equate religions, namely, that it helped various people conquer an addiction. My response is that no, that won�t do, since the religions teach opposite things.

*Certainly not trivial to the people involved but trivial, rather, in the context of varying and divergent theological views of the universe.

You are still missing the point. I'm not equating religions. I'm demonstrating why these good (or bad) results are not evidence for truth. Since different religions can achieve the same results, these results are not convincing evidence of Truth.

The only way I'm equating these religions is there equal lack of convincing evidence in their supernatural powers.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You are still missing the point.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Gus really asks some weird questions. I wonder exactly he did get signed up for that living brain donor program?

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
........by the way Gus, your proctologist called-they found your head!

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

512 members (12344mag, 160user, 1lessdog, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 51 invisible), 1,956 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,755
Posts18,495,459
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.