Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Puh-leeze. We all started the same at the dawn of time and look at Africa now. Basically ZERO change unless it was imported. Do yourself a favor, read "The Bell Curve" and get back to me, and BTW, when we wanted to put a man on the moon, we didn't look at Sub-Saharan Africa for a talent pool of Rocket Scientists...
Your hood is showing.

Hood? please prove otherwise. No hatred or bigotry, just FACT. FACTS Kevin. Read the book. Let me ask you this, you ever been to Africa?
I think we just interpret the "facts" in different ways. I've seen exceptional people of all races and I've also seen despicable people of all races or backgrounds... enough to know that all races are a product of their environment. Human beings are not hard coded.

I NEVER SAID there were not exceptional folks in all the races, NEVER. That said, it is without question, the "Bell Curve" or Scattergram if you prefer, definitively shows them to the left of caucassians and asians. Further, in the historical context, there have been ZERO contributions from sub-sharan African in ANY of the disciplines, not to mention the fact there are NO forms of written language. My comment on the "rocket scientist" was obviously sophomoric, but the message is clear. Find prrof to refute.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by 6mm250

Mike

wow. I don't even know how to respond to that.
I'm a preacher myself. That's some hard statements.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Need to clarify a few things thrown out here.

Originally Posted by 79S
The thing it take maybe 300-400 well armed folks to overthrow that that turd and his government I bet. Those Soldiers are just as brave as the Iraqi Army first shot heard they would flee..

According to people that have worked (contacted) for Mugabe and to people who live in Zim, Mugabe is probably they most well guarded Head of State imaginable. The people of Harare literally must turn their backs to the Presidential Motorcade or face arrest of execution least they be thought attackers.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
and to this
Originally Posted by djs
I certainty don't like the nutcase Robert Mugabe and I don't want to start an argument, but ....

Wasn't the land originally owned by the black natives and appropriated in the 1880's by white colonists organized by Cecil Rhodes's British South Africa Company (BSAC)? If I recall my history, BSAC bribed a local "king" who granted concessions over land (much of which was not under his control) and then Cecil Rhodes got a grant from the English monarch ceding all the land to BSAC. In my book, this amounts to theft. Later on, BSAC sold the land to white settlers, leaving the locals in small tribal villages.

Now that the British government is no longer involved and a (brutal and tyrannical) black government is in power, perhaps they are just returning the land to its' original owners. Is this different than returning looted art treasures to their rightful owners following the fall of Nazi Germany?

BTW, I have 2 white couples as neighbors who emigrated to the US from Zimbabwe following the election of Mugabe and fearing a takeover of their farms. They lost money (sold farms at big discounts), but both agree hat the land was taken from the natives by BSAC.

OK, which part of the land was settled by which Black tribe and when did they claim it? How much of the current country did they claim? Does the land go back to the "first" Black settlers or the last ones before the White Man?

The Ndebele came up from South Africa, running from the Zulu and where they overwhelmed the Rozvi about 1838. There were plenty of Europeans in African by 1838. So do the Ndebele need to give back any land they have to descendants or of Rozvi? What about the Shona? They are said to have migrated south from east central Africa. The Shona are credited for building the Great Zimbabwe in the 11th Century, but DNA testing now supports that the Lemba people who have an ancient Jewish or Southern Arabian ancestry built it.

So, do we now take the land away from the White Zims, give it to Black Zims, and then take it away from Blacks and give it to the Israelis and Saudis? This orginal ownership thing has no end to it. In the New World, if the First Americans came over the land bridge from Asia, then they were hardly "original". They just migrated earlier than the Europeans. They had centuries of one tribe kicking another's ass until territories were established. Europe did the same. The Europeans then went global and kicked ass and took land.

Maybe we need to give Europe back to Neanderthal Man, or would it be Australopithicus? See where this is going, at what point in history you want to consider "ownership"??

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Yep. And I want to go to the Landed Gentry in Scotland and tell them to give my Estate and My Castle back! cry

Heres the facts, plain and simple. When any African country has been returned to"majority rule" it starts a downward spiral that never gets reversed.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
Yep. And I want to go to the Landed Gentry in Scotland and tell them to give my Estate and My Castle back! cry

Heres the facts, plain and simple. When any African country has been returned to"majority rule" it starts a downward spiral that never gets reversed.

"Fabersham" to you, Sir Ingwe:

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
We should ALL leave sub-saharan Africa and it's a given it will be in the stone age in less than fifty years. Only problem is, all the animals will be poached and I can't go on Safari. So I say fuggem and let's get back in and recolonize. Hell, my PH John Sharp can probably kick their asses in Zim all on his own! smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I NEVER SAID there were not exceptional folks in all the races, NEVER. That said, it is without question, the "Bell Curve" or Scattergram if you prefer, definitively shows them to the left of caucassians and asians. Further, in the historical context, there have been ZERO contributions from sub-sharan African in ANY of the disciplines, not to mention the fact there are NO forms of written language. My comment on the "rocket scientist" was obviously sophomoric, but the message is clear. Find prrof to refute.
I can't refute it at all. But you said Sub Saharan Africa, and you admit that there are exceptional people of all races. Which to me makes me think that you don't see it as a race issue, but as a geography issue.

The study of anthropological geography is a facinating field of study. How geography has played into the success or non-success of societies.

If you dial it back 50,000 years you'll see that Africa never advanced because they had no NEED to advance. People in Africa can survive stark naked. Where people who are as far north as Europe had to advance or die.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
...Heres the facts, plain and simple. When any African country has been returned to"majority rule" it starts a downward spiral that never gets reversed.
It's the same story as the Palestinians. The people have been raised with hatred in their hearts, pounded into their heads every day of their life. Palestinians feel they have a societal duty to hate Jews and do everything they can to undermine Israel.

African tribes who have stories of atrocities levied against them going back long before recorded history are taught the same thing. So as soon as one party becomes better armed than the other, they can't resist the urge to settle some ancient or even recent score. Life is cheaper in Africa than any place else on Earth. Until they are educated, nothing will ever change. And education is not something that has much value in Africa, so it will be a LONG time before things change.

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
My comment on the "rocket scientist" was obviously sophomoric

What's sophomoric about it? It was a simple factual observation.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Hence, increased ability to use one's brain and cognitive abilities. The Bell Curve isn't their friend, if it were, their woild would be completely different. More resources and monies have been dumped into that cause without any significant improvement in their lives, and the facts are there, not even any evidence of even a written language. Same BS applies to the whole women issue. If they were really EQUAL, natural selection would have ensured that, instead we now have equality through the stroke of a pen and it isn't worth the paper.

Last edited by jorgeI; 07/08/14.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
An Ancient Evolutionary Advantage?

Modern humans of European descent have a lot in common with their Neanderthal ancestors when it comes to genes related to fat breakdown in the brain. A team led by investigators from the Chinese Academy of Sciences in Shanghai has found that people of European descent have three times the number of Neanderthal-like sequences in such genes compared to other modern human populations examined. The results, published today (April 1) in Nature Communications, point to how studying ancestral sequences could help researchers better understand modern humans.

�This paper presents a sort of second-phase research using what we know about where genes have come from,� said John Hawks, a paleoanthropologist at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, who was not involved in the study. �For some that come from Neanderthals, we can use that information to learn something new about human genetics and human biology.�

To unravel whether genetics might influence how fat is broken down in the brain, the Russian Academy of Sciences� Ekaterina Khrameeva and her colleagues compared gene sequence similarities among today�s Europeans, Asians, and Neanderthals relative to those from modern people of African descent. Previous studies have looked for patterns across genomes, but this group homed in on gene groups associated with metabolism, cancer, the immune system, and lipid breakdown, among others.

Lipid breakdown-associated gene variants signaled loudly through the genetic noise, showing far more sequence similarities between Europeans and Neanderthals than other comparisons. So the researchers profiled fat concentrations in the brains of modern humans of European, East Asian, and African descent, plus took measures in [bleep] brains, comparing these results with gene-expression readouts from each group. They found parallels between the presence of Neanderthal-related gene variants and lipid profiles in the European brains, which the other modern human populations and [bleep] did not share.

Full Article

As careful as one should be in controlling the negative emotions that can turn facts into racism, one should be equally careful in controlling the 'positive' emotions that can blind one to facts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Well then, what are the keys to a culture's advancement and success in terms of wealth, science & technology, education, the arts,..and longevity?

Last edited by George_De_Vries_3rd; 07/08/14.
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

630 members (1Longbow, 219 Wasp, 1minute, 160user, 12344mag, 219DW, 69 invisible), 2,676 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,855
Posts18,497,043
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.