Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FlyboyFlem
Q: What else?
A: We had the impression that American commanders had their hands tied by political factors. Your generals could never deploy a maximum force for greatest military effect.

With the possible exception of Schwarzkopf's "end run" strategy and leadership of Desert Storm in general, that pretty much describes American warfare from Korea through the present.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's my take for many moons.. wink

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
A: We had the impression that American commanders had their hands tied by political factors. Your generals could never deploy a maximum force for greatest military effect.

With the possible exception of Schwarzkopf's "end run" strategy and leadership of Desert Storm in general, that pretty much describes American warfare from Korea through the present.

The US hasn't declared War since WWII. That's the problem when actions taken under the guise of "a police action", a UN mandate, a "resolution", or an "authorization to use force"...since these are not American War, they become Presidential Wars, of the Administration, and not of the People.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It tells me that I am pleased you are not Australian...and that your American status is suspect as well.
You don't have a clue what it means to be an American.

America stood for commitment, stability, freedom, and the chance for the ordinary man to make something of himself...it was a nation that could change the world and be better for it.

It sounds like you have a better grasp of it than TRH...

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

The US hasn't declared War since WWII. That's the problem when actions taken under the guise of "a police action", a UN mandate, a "resolution", or an "authorization to use force"...since these are not American War, they become Presidential Wars, of the Administration, and not of the People.

So, what would your thoughts be on Letters of Marque?

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Turdlike, by default.
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
+1

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

The Surge worked.
And was still working until we shifted into �Operation Bugout.�

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by HugAJackass

So, what would your thoughts be on Letters of Marque?

Yes, the French are very skilled at declaring war for us, but I prefer when it's done by Congress.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Westy stood before congress and told them that we were in the right and we were winning,

We were and we were.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Uriah
Originally Posted by deerstalker
Westy stood before congress and told them that we were in the right and we were winning,

We were and we were.

yes we were and we were. my last post came out wrong. I am to this day unable to approach this time of my life coherently.
I will there for bow out.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
"Americans are Down on America"

I am

Snake

That which does not kill us makes us stronger

Friedrich Nietzsche
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B

America stood for commitment, stability, freedom, and the chance for the ordinary man to make something of himself...

That bullshit floated until Vietnam.

It's definitely a low fiber turd these days.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
It tells me that I am pleased you are not Australian...and that your American status is suspect as well.
You don't have a clue what it means to be an American.

America stood for commitment, stability, freedom, and the chance for the ordinary man to make something of himself...it was a nation that could change the world and be better for it.

That is how I saw the United States of America when I was a lad, now I see it as being peopled by things such as yourself that have no belief and a dire need to cast aspersions upon any that do not measure up to your lofty ideals...your bullshyte lefty over-educated arrogant ideals.

Yes there are holdouts that still reside in the former, but they are on the wane and creatures such as you are the cause of it.

Have a nice day you foul low [bleep].

Mr, I owe you a case of beer.

My only regret is that I I can't squeeze all of your post into a signature line.

My compliments,
CrimsonTide

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

89 members (7mm_Loco, 300_savage, 44automag, 450yukon, 21 invisible), 1,344 guests, and 1,012 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,213
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.