Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/costco-removing-dsouzas-america-from-shelves/

What's next from the all embracing,loving,tolerant left?........pull the movie from the theaters that liberals control.

Last edited by chapped_lips; 07/08/14.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The book is a turd, not selling anywhere. That might have something to do wit it.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just looked at Amazon and it's rated #3 overall and #3 in politics also.

Hildabeast is #90th

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-books-Amazon/zgbs/books

U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
I've never been inside a Costco, I guess now I probably never will.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DesertSandman
I just looked at Amazon and it's rated #3 overall and #3 in politics also.

Hildabeast is #90th

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-books-Amazon/zgbs/books

Originally Posted by smarquez
The book is a turd, not selling anywhere. That might have something to do wit it.

It appears the only turd here is you.LOL.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

You seem to be talking out your azz. You are the turd. The book will come out on the NYT as a top 10 book. Shows what you know. Time to "ignore" you.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
U
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
U
Originally Posted by SAcharlie

That's quite an "interesting" basis for comparison. It's mostly just whining that Walmart doesn't offer as many benefits as Costco and as one of the "negative" points offers up that Walmart is the world's largest company. (The horror!)

By their "logic" Ben & Jerry's is a better company than either one of the those and Castro's Cuba would be better still. In truth what that site documents is how much better businessmen the managers of Walmart are.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I have never and will never shop at Costco. They were one of Obama biggest donors during his campaign .

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...not the brightest bulb on the tree I see......

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The book was pulled because is been on Costco's book shelf for 2months. All have a date that they are pulled from the shelf, and retuned to the publisher. Its time was up. Costco Was not the big donor to Obama the CEO (now retired ) was.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I think the sales were a turd for Costco not the content of the book. Anyway it appears they are back pedaling and will be back in a week or two. Why would they put it on the shelves only to pull it?
Anyway for all that want to put me on ignore, what a blessing for both of us.

Fight fire, save lives, laugh in the face of danger.

Stupid always finds a way.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
COSTCO membership and special discounts are a benie to a great many government employees.

While lefty politicians in office gain ground for leftism / statism, government employees everywhere hold that ground. Everyone receiving a government check from welfare recipients to the fattest of bureaucrats is too damned close to being a paid activist for the left.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the sales were a turd for Costco not the content of the book. Anyway it appears they are back pedaling and will be back in a week or two. Why would they put it on the shelves only to pull it?
Anyway for all that want to put me on ignore, what a blessing for both of us.

ive never seen them keep any book very long.....they arent a book store and completely turn over their limited book selection very regularly.....

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rush had had good advice for one of his female callers today that was distraught over COSTCO pulling the book. Rush recommends everyone go see the movie and buy the book. Forget COSTCO. They just gave D'Souza the best form of free advertising possible.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by 1Longbow
The book was pulled because is been on Costco's book shelf for 2months. All have a date that they are pulled from the shelf, and retuned to the publisher. Its time was up. Costco Was not the big donor to Obama the CEO (now retired ) was.

Stop with the critical thinking, it ruins the narrative.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

That's a neat trick since the book was released only 5 weeks ago.

That shoots your theory to hell.

The former CEO, Sinegal,was one of the co-founders of Costco and attempting to separate the two entities is laughable.

Also covering for Costco's obvious political hackery is feeble.

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by add
Stop with the critical thinking, it ruins the narrative.

Critical thinking.LOL.

The only thing ruined here is your credibility.LOL.

Communist Goals

27. Discredit the Bible.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by rte

That's a neat trick since the book was released only 5 weeks ago.

That shoots your theory to hell.

The former CEO, Sinegal,was one of the co-founders of Costco and attempting to separate the two entities is laughable.

Also covering for Costco's obvious political hackery is feeble.

BTW, I suppose that you have seen that Costco reversed course, now that the film has come out and sales have shot up. The CFO explained that the book was not making money -- and now it is.

I know a lot about Costco's management and the Sinegals. They are decent folks.

Keep in mind that Jim is from California, where goofy politics is not unusual. He supported Obama in the last election and even spoke at the Democratic National Convention. But let's face it, people have different views. That does not mean the Costco is a bad company or that it is heavily involved in liberal politics. It's a business company -- and looking at its business model, it much more favors the upper middle class customers that it aims at.

Don't forget, its board are guys like Charlie Munger (Buffett's closest partner) and Tony James, President and COO of Blackstone Group, the big private equity group. I've met Tony and even worked with him -- or should I say, against him. Tony is another big Obama supporter, as many rich PE guys are, but Steve Schwarzman, his chairman, donated big time to Romney and held fundraisers for him, so they hedged their bets. In that level of big leagues, it is not uncommon to support both sides, since money and influence are at stake.

Again, that has little to do with how Costco, the company, runs. It carries great products at low, low prices, offers far better quality, service and customer support than its competitors and has very loyal, well-paid employees. As a company, it is darned good.

The member fee is a brilliant stroke and for a long time kept out the riffraff. The only reason they started accepting food stamps on a limited, trial basis was because of federal political pressures. You can figure out what that means. Management was even quoted as saying they did not have any customers on food stamps, so why bother. Well, when you can reach the Pentagon warehouse from downtown DC on the Metro, the pressure started. At least that's my speculation. wink

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I shop for ME.

Personally, not politically.

Any legitimate business that offers what I want to buy at a good price gets my custom, even if the head of it happens to support Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Dianne Feinstein, Hillary Clinton, Charley Rangel, and any number of others of that sleazy ilk.

If a strong undertow were pulling me out to sea faster than I could swim toward shore, I'd gratefully grasp a rescue rope thrown to me from shore, without asking whether the thrower happened to be a corn-holer.

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1234, 222Sako, 72 invisible), 2,271 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,791
Posts18,496,099
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.