-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
I bent the pocket clip on my Microtech knife back in mid April. I sent it to the company and they verified they received it on April 29th and told me it would be 3-6 weeks for "service".

We are now going on 10 WEEKS and still no knife returned in the mail! I have been E-mailing and calling ALL WEEK with no reply. Today I finally got ahold of someone at the company who apologized for the delay. I was told that their service department was "shut down" for 6 weeks and they are just now back to working on knives.

They told me that they are currently working on knives which they had received back in March! I asked when I could expect my knife back and the lady on the phone could NOT give me an answer! Unbelievable!

I asked for her supervisiors name and e-mail and sent a very diplomatic complaint e-mail to her supervisor. I also encouraged her to SHARE my e-mail with her supervision as well as this was OUTRAGEOUS!

TO all of you out there who are considering buying a Microtech knife or sending one off for service I would caution against it. Benchmade knives customer service is BY FAR heads and shoulders above Microtech!

From now on, I will be giving Benchmade MY BUSINESS!

Done with rant.

Dan

FSTF
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Several years ago I bent a clip on my LLC and Microtech sent me a new clip within the week. Doesn't seem like it should be all that complicated.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Pro-Tech for this guy.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
It's not. Unfortunately Microtech uses a special type of screw in which I have never seen. I do not have a tool to remove it, otherwise I would have and just been done with it. Now I am at their mercy to get it fixed due to the type of fasteners/tools which are required to change out the pocket clip.

FSTF
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for posting, it is always good to understand a company's service performance.

I've received great service from Pro-tech and Kershaw. Pro-Tech must have shipped the knife back within a day or two of receiving it.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
certainly a company that does'nt care for customers is one to advoid. cranky72

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boise
Thanks for posting, it is always good to understand a company's service performance.

I've received great service from Pro-tech and Kershaw. Pro-Tech must have shipped the knife back within a day or two of receiving it.

I got great repair service from Kershaw.

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave
Pro-Tech for this guy.

Travis

^^^This^^^

I own several Pro-Tech Autos that are just as good or better than ANY Microtech that I have ever owned. They also cost less than the Microtech's and have a life time Waranty.

For every day carry folders, I still prefer BenchMade or Spyderco's. They both have an excellent warranty and outstanding customer service.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

504 members (22250rem, 06hunter59, 1234, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 55 invisible), 4,632 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,701
Posts18,534,699
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.