Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
So its been 3 years since I bought the new Dodge Ram and its got 48,000 miles on it so Im thinking of trading it in for a 2014 so I cleaned it up last night and removed all my personal belongings from the cab. I didn�t even know I owned 9 flashlights but all of them were in my Ram from little LED versions to big D cell clubs. It�s a hunting truck and like most hunting trucks it was sort of messy but I was kind of shocked at just how much stuff I had in there. It seems that �behind the seat� is sort of like a black hole for hunting gear. The other thing I appear to be rich in is rope. I don�t know what I was planning to do with all that rope but I kept adding to the stock pile of it �behind the seat� . Coming in third was pocket or folding knives and lastly folding saws.

That�s all I have to say about that. grin

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I always find ammo when I clean out my truck. 1/2 box here, 1/2 a box there... I guess I never want to get pulled over in Washington DC - I'd be screwed.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DIYguy
So its been 3 years since I bought the new Dodge Ram and its got 48,000 miles on it so Im thinking of trading it in for a 2014 so I cleaned it up last night and removed all my personal belongings from the cab. I didn�t even know I owned 9 flashlights but all of them were in my Ram from little LED versions to big D cell clubs. It�s a hunting truck and like most hunting trucks it was sort of messy but I was kind of shocked at just how much stuff I had in there. It seems that �behind the seat� is sort of like a black hole for hunting gear. The other thing I appear to be rich in is rope. I don�t know what I was planning to do with all that rope but I kept adding to the stock pile of it �behind the seat� . Coming in third was pocket or folding knives and lastly folding saws.

That�s all I have to say about that. grin
Well, you know what my momma used to say: Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
I always find ammo when I clean out my truck. 1/2 box here, 1/2 a box there... I guess I never want to get pulled over in Washington DC - I'd be screwed.

For me it would be broadheads. Im more of a bowhunter. I did however find a few 30-06 and .22 LR empties.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I used to live and work in the DC Metro area. When the DC shooter thing was happening I was doing a lot of groundhog hunting after work. I decided it might be a good idea to get my rifle and all ammo etc out of the truck. It seemed no matter how hard I looked, I still kept finding empty 223 cases in that truck. There were probably still 223 cases in it 5 years later when I traded it in.

Stupidity is expensive
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

A man can never have too many flashlights, pocket knives or too much rope. grin

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
That must have been what I was thinking. grin

J
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Originally Posted by Hotload

Case in point........LOL!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRxvC3nV_ho

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Any of um work still?

220 Swift still king.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I remember as a kid having old almost junk Ford cars. Naturally the seats were worn out as were the floor mats. There were holes in the mats clear to the floor pan where little drifts of dirt and sand would collect. Being poor as a Dickens street waif, I would occasionally spot a wayward penny, dime or quarter in one of those sand dunes, and react as if I just found gold at Sutter's Mill. That find would spark an expedition to the dark ominous territory under the seat in search of El Dorado or at least the Lost Duchman's Mine. Sometimes I would be rewarded with thirty or forty cents, but mostly it was just browning paper scraps, McDonald's receipts or fossilized french fries, and stale noxious cigarette butts. Then one day came the shiny silver gleam from the largest sand dune, the one in the hole where my boot heel excavated an open pit through the rubber mat and felt insulating carpet. I would reach for it only to discover a origami gum wrapper. Disappointed, I dropped it back from whence it came. That gum wrapper plagued me for weeks. It would disappear, then reappear only to reveal itself as worthless sparkle, whereupon I would toss it down only to repeat the process again later. Finally I had an idea, and took the little devious wrapper and tossed it on the ground as I dismounted the old Ford to start work. Unfortunately the stable manager saw me. "Hey, Big John, don't be tossing trash on the ground. Pick that up." He said in his gruff U.S. Army Horse Calvary Sergeant's manner. Needless to say I policed up the wrapper in short order. It wound up in the first manure cart of the day, and off to the compost stack where some gardener would eventually deal with it while dressing the estate's formal gardens. Fool's silver has a way of returning to entice mercantile interest from those who toil long for little, providing a moment of hope, an imagined treasure trove, only to prove that expectations are not to be relied on.

IC B3

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Swift
Any of um work still?

All of them. Ive only had the truck for three years and most found their way to the truck during the bowhunting seasons of the last two years.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I have a BIL who owns his own body shop. He has always driven vehicles he bought wrecked and repaired. A few years ago he ran a cross a good deal on a practically new 2007 F-150 with less than 1000 miles on it. While repairing it he found a Taurus 9mm inside the drivers door panel. On some F-150 models there is an easily accessable panel that pops off with no tools and makes a good hiding spot for such things.

A year or so later his daughter moved to DC. He got turned around while pulling a U-Haul trailer and circled the Whitehouse a couple of times and was pulled over by the Secret Service who checked out the trailer.

Just a few months ago he took a different door panel off to repair an electric window and found a rather large bag of pot. Had the Secret Service in DC found the pot he would have been in a bad way.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

For me it would be broadheads. Im more of a bowhunter. I did however find a few 30-06 and .22 LR empties.

Bowhunter or poaching hypocrite? 30-06 and .22 empties in the cab of your truck along with 9 flashlights....lol You still a Rep for Wisconsin after the citation? Why have you been banned off almost every website you have been part of as ron kulas, rancid crabtree, retch sweeney & xranger? Google offers lots of good reading on it.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38913

D
DIYguy Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
You should see my truck now. I detailed it in anticipation of selling it tonight. It hasnt looked this good since the day I bought it new 3 years ago. Who knows, by this afternoon I may have a new 2014 Ram Truck to litter with all manner of hunting gear. grin

I built the truck I want on the Ram Trucks web site last night and learned that you can have both an extended/crew cab and an 8 foot box. The 8 foot box is a must so it looks like a regular cab truck is in my future.

Last edited by DIYguy; 07/16/14.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by bigwoods

Bowhunter or poaching hypocrite? 30-06 and .22 empties in the cab of your truck along with 9 flashlights....lol You still a Rep for Wisconsin after the citation? Why have you been banned off almost every website you have been part of as ron kulas, rancid crabtree, retch sweeney & xranger? Google offers lots of good reading on it.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38913

Another one of our fine members that have never done anything wrong or broken any laws.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Ok

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by John_in_MS
Originally Posted by Hotload

Case in point........LOL!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRxvC3nV_ho

LOL .... stupid fu-king rope

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JMR40

Just a few months ago he took a different door panel off to repair an electric window and found a rather large bag of pot. Had the Secret Service in DC found the pot he would have been in a bad way.

Why bobo smokes

220 Swift still king.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
DIY, You think a truck accumulates a Lot of crap. Try hunting fishing and camping out of a jeep wrangler! Every time I cleanit out a dig about 1/2 pound of dirt and cow $hit out of the floor, a dozen assorted 12 ga. shells, bobbers, bluegill and crappie jigs, spinners and crankbaites, a couple of hats, jackets, a small paddle that I keep as a spare while canoeing and yes rope. I swear after I clean it out it looks like it has an inch more lift.

Momma always said life is like a bowl of jelly beans,,, no body likes the black ones. grin

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WranglerJohn
I remember as a kid having old almost junk Ford cars. Naturally the seats were worn out as were the floor mats. There were holes in the mats clear to the floor pan where little drifts of dirt and sand would collect. Being poor as a Dickens street waif, I would occasionally spot a wayward penny, dime or quarter in one of those sand dunes, and react as if I just found gold at Sutter's Mill. That find would spark an expedition to the dark ominous territory under the seat in search of El Dorado or at least the Lost Duchman's Mine. Sometimes I would be rewarded with thirty or forty cents, but mostly it was just browning paper scraps, McDonald's receipts or fossilized french fries, and stale noxious cigarette butts. Then one day came the shiny silver gleam from the largest sand dune, the one in the hole where my boot heel excavated an open pit through the rubber mat and felt insulating carpet. I would reach for it only to discover a origami gum wrapper. Disappointed, I dropped it back from whence it came. That gum wrapper plagued me for weeks. It would disappear, then reappear only to reveal itself as worthless sparkle, whereupon I would toss it down only to repeat the process again later. Finally I had an idea, and took the little devious wrapper and tossed it on the ground as I dismounted the old Ford to start work. Unfortunately the stable manager saw me. "Hey, Big John, don't be tossing trash on the ground. Pick that up." He said in his gruff U.S. Army Horse Calvary Sergeant's manner. Needless to say I policed up the wrapper in short order. It wound up in the first manure cart of the day, and off to the compost stack where some gardener would eventually deal with it while dressing the estate's formal gardens. Fool's silver has a way of returning to entice mercantile interest from those who toil long for little, providing a moment of hope, an imagined treasure trove, only to prove that expectations are not to be relied on.

Hey WranglerJohn, that's some good writing right there.

LOL
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

85 members (358wsm, 300_savage, 358WCF, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 338Rules, 11 invisible), 1,202 guests, and 806 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,863
Posts18,497,216
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.