-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I don't like the skeletonized trigger that came on my SR1911. So I replaced it with a plain black trigger (no holes). I have taken to carrying my HP some of the time now. One of these days, I'm going to remkve the mag disconnect to improve the trigger. Other than that, it's all good.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My primary carry gun is an all stainless Kahr K40. A few months ago I got thinking about changing it out for something a bit smaller like the XDs or maybe a Ruger LC9, then, while visiting my BIL's gun shop I did some side by side comparisons. There wasn't enough difference in the dimensions between the Kahr and the 2 other guns I mentioned to make any real world difference.

Once that issue was settled my only complaints would be weight and maybe magazine capacity.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM
My primary carry gun is a 1952 Colt Commander in .38 Super that I had customized to my specs...it is perfect as far as I amconcerned...

[Linked Image]

Glock 19...added a set of TruGlo TFO sights...just perfect (for a Glock that is)

S&W 6906...added a set of MMC Tactical Adjustable night sights like on the 1911 above..perfect.

Kahr P380 with night sights...pefect out of the box...

Guess I don't expect much...

Bob
That is such a sweet pistol...

But didn't you know that 1911's don't work? I mean you're lucky if it goes bang the first time and it's a MIRACLE if they feed the second round. No one has ever seen a 3rd round feed ever...or so says the Glock nuts.

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RJM
My primary carry gun is a 1952 Colt Commander in .38 Super that I had customized to my specs...it is perfect as far as I am concerned...

[Linked Image]

Bob
As far as I'm concerned, it's perfect. That is damn near an ideal daily carry piece as far as I can tell.

MMC sights - I have the same sight on my LW Commander; it's just plain outstanding. Decent (not great, but not bad) sight picture. Metal quality is top notch, and it's adjustable. The sight is a "snag free" design, but it sits up high enough that you can one hand cycle the slide by catching the sight on the belt. Mine are tritium, I'm betting yours are too. It's a real shame MMC/PT Night Sights went out of business. When my vials wear out, I'll probably just have them replaced.

Lightweight trigger, to accomodate a good trigger job.
Smooth grip panels - This makes a lot of sense on a carry gun, especially one carried IWB. 1- you don't have checkering wearing a rough spot on your flank. 2 - During a fast draw, your hands aren't being held too sticky to the gun, allowing you to make minute grip adjustments during the draw.

Grip safety, and Safety - Personally I'd have the McCormick extended thumb safety and an Ed Brown grip safety. But the setup you have would suit me just fine. No bite, but minimalistic on the grip safety. Or one of the old Jim Hoag grip safeties.

Hard Chrome - Nothing is tougher for wear. I carried a Hard Chrome Hi Power for a full decade and the finish looked just as good the day I sold it.

.38 Super - That's just a great round. Flat shooting, soft recoiling, hard hitting, and great barrier penetration.

Nice gun!!

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by RJM
My primary carry gun is a 1952 Colt Commander in .38 Super that I had customized to my specs...it is perfect as far as I amconcerned...

[Linked Image]

Glock 19...added a set of TruGlo TFO sights...just perfect (for a Glock that is)

S&W 6906...added a set of MMC Tactical Adjustable night sights like on the 1911 above..perfect.

Kahr P380 with night sights...pefect out of the box...

Guess I don't expect much...

Bob
That is such a sweet pistol...

But didn't you know that 1911's don't work? I mean you're lucky if it goes bang the first time and it's a MIRACLE if they feed the second round. No one has ever seen a 3rd round feed ever...or so says the Glock nuts.

About as nice as it gets imho.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My Glock 19s and 23 are perfect. After I put Meprolight sights on them, stippled them and sanded the trigger guards to better fit my hand they are more perfect. Stair tape on top and sides of the slide finished the job.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by lvmiker
My Glock 19s and 23 are perfect. After I put Meprolight sights on them, stippled them and sanded the trigger guards to better fit my hand they are more perfect. Stair tape on top and sides of the slide finished the job.

mike r

I used skateboard tape for the front of the gripframe on my RIA. Who needs checkering?!? Plus a goodly amount of finger groove grinding, relief groove for my thumb for mag release button and then re polishing on the (formerly) overly fat new Roeswood CT lazergrps.

LOVE God, LOVE your family, LOVE your country, LIKE guns and sports.

About 2016 team "R" candidates "We definitely need a crew with a sack of balls the size of hot water bottles, bloviated estrogen leaking feel-gooders need not apply." Gunner 500
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Safariman, you consider your RIA 10mm, 329PD 44mag and a P3AT to be "really good" carry guns? That explains so much. The lazer grips really will make the difference for you.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
What's not to like? ...

> > http://www.lesbaer.com/1911UltTact.html < <

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by P_Weed
What's not to like? ...

> > http://www.lesbaer.com/1911UltTact.html < <

No straight Eights.

IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
M&P9C...works just fine. Dont care how it looks, as long as it works. I dont need lasers, or night sights..

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For what I carry for my SR9c works great. Surprisingly accurate and quite concealable. Plus, with two extra mags I got 44 rds of Hornady CD on tap. Oughta be enough... wink

I will probably throw some night sights on it, though.

Last edited by MojoHand; 07/16/14. Reason: Correcting auto-correct, of course...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I love both my M&P's 9 & .45

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If there was something I didn't like about any of my carry guns, I sure as hell wouldn't carry them.

MM

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Or fix/change it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, goes w/o saying...........

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Meh...

It's only your life on the line... laugh

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Hey Bob, what's your carry load in the Super?

GunGeek Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
If there was something I didn't like about any of my carry guns, I sure as hell wouldn't carry them.

MM
Some dislikes can be pretty minor. If there was something serious I didn't like about my carry gun, it would be changed or I would carry something else.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Yeah, goes w/o saying...........

MM

I had to leave a few bread crumbs so TAK could find his way!

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (2500HD, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 2ndwind, 16 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 916 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,242
Posts18,485,920
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.