Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
yep ammo is where you're gonna feel this the most

but Saiga shotguns, dang I knew I should have bought one of those hummers.

that's hella fun shooting trap with a 10-20 rd semi auto shotgun

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
ammo will suck, wolf match target was so good in my top rimfires... I never did get around to ordering a few cases.. ya know who would ban target ammo right.... duh....

Hopefully it'll open a chance here for someone to open a factory to make affordable ammo....plenty mescan labor around...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Rovering
Second Amendment - Nah.

Separation of Powers - Nah.

Most likely linked to sanctions on Russia due to Ukraine situation. The US is trying to put the hurt on Russia as a result of their involvement in the Ukraine; the Europeans have seem slow to follow due to their reliance on Russian natural gas. Perhaps the shooting down of the Malaysian airliner will cause them to reconsider their position.

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by djs
Most likely linked to sanctions on Russia due to Ukraine situation. The US is trying to put the hurt on Russia as a result of their involvement in the Ukraine; the Europeans have seem slow to follow due to their reliance on Russian natural gas. Perhaps the shooting down of the Malaysian airliner will cause them to reconsider their position.
Has evidence emerged that the Russian government was behind it? How has Russia benefited from this?

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
If you look at what liberal anti-gun politicians define as being an "Assault Weapon", any of the firearms that meet that configuration even remotely, and are imported into the U.S., will fall under his executive order.

They can't control what is made and sold here, or what is already imported, but they can stop further importation of them.

He said he was going to do this before. I took him that he meant it then. It's just now getting around to happening.

If I have this right, Massachusetts has already declared a Ruger 10/22 to be an assault weapon.

BTW< by definition, an assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon of warfare. They are already illegal. We play in to the gun controllers' hands by not correcting them every time they intentionally lie about the definition of an assault weapon.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by SansSouci
BTW< by definition, an assault weapon is a fully automatic weapon of warfare. They are already illegal. We play in to the gun controllers' hands by not correcting them every time they intentionally lie about the definition of an assault weapon.
I must correct you. An assault rifle is a selective fire, intermediate caliber, carbine, capable for full auto fire, and accepting detachable magazines. An assault weapon is a figment of the left's imagination, and its definition is constantly in flux.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rost495
ammo will suck, wolf match target was so good in my top rimfires... I never did get around to ordering a few cases.. ya know who would ban target ammo right.... duh....

Wolf MT is made in Germany. Although you will have to wait a little while, you can still order those cases.

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Elections have consequences.

Ignorance is not confined to uneducated people.

WHO IS
JOHN GALT?

LIBERTY!

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I checked gunbroker a little while ago, couple of saiga 12guages for sale, in the 900 to 1000range already.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
I checked gunbroker a little while ago, couple of saiga 12guages for sale, in the 900 to 1000range already.
What were they last week?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

it would depend on what you bought. I seem to remember prices around the 600dollar level.
However, a number of smiths have been taking the basic gun and upgrading it as to componets polishing the action and so on such that even before this they were considerably higher.
The next big rumor is a.k. ammo in that there is some steel supposedly in the projectile. Possible ban on importation as was done on the 5.45.
I also heard the other day that with the change in environmental friendly "green ammo" no lead, that the rules were changed so that NO componets can be sold for civilian usage. Translated when ss109 or the m855 ball runs, out say goodby to that too.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I don't care where Obama was born... It doesn't matter...

what matters, is he is holding the keys to whole country...

and is Anti Anything American... is a puppet for globalists

Thinks laws don't personally apply to him... thinks he and his buddies can do whatever they want....his job is only protected by the Communist who call themselves democrats.. and the spineless politicians who call themselves a Republican...

Obama's personal goals are to destroy as much of this nation as humanly possible....

T
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Seafire
I don't care where Obama was born... It doesn't matter...

what matters, is he is holding the keys to whole country...

and is Anti Anything American... is a puppet for globalists

Thinks laws don't personally apply to him... thinks he and his buddies can do whatever they want....his job is only protected by the Communist who call themselves democrats.. and the spineless politicians who call themselves a Republican...

Obama's personal goals are to destroy as much of this nation as humanly possible....
+1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
He couldn't wait for Jeb to do it?!?!? 1989 ban on imported rifles via executive order = Bush. 2005 ban on imported rifle parts via ATF rule change = Bush. Nothing in the Bush legacy on firearms safety laws needed to have "Obama" in the mix. What a friggin jerk to horn in on that families legacy.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Reagan put the skids on NFA C III in 1986 driving prices through the roof.

Yep, nothing wrong with that just like nothing wrong when Bush did the 1989 ban on self loading rifles or Bush did the 2005 ban on imported parts. Whole different story when this POS does the same though.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

I wouldn't give $300 bucks for one! The few AK rifles I bought while in College in the mid 1980's shot minute of side of a barn accuracy if you were lucky. You could go to the big Houston Gun Show back then and buy a brand new Mak 90 AK for $189 bucks.

I've heard the Siaga shotguns functioned OK, but I can just imagine the pattern they are throwing if they are built like the 7.62X39 rifles. IMO, you buy junk, you get exactly what you paid for. JUNK.

Last edited by chlinstructor; 07/20/14.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I wouldn't give $300 bucks for one! The few AK rifles I bought while in College in the mid 1980's shot minute of side of a barn accuracy if you were lucky. You could go to the big Houston Gun Show back then and buy a brand new Mak 90 AK for $189 bucks.

Chinese guns don't seem to have decent accuracy. Euro ones are not bad.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I've heard the Siaga shotguns functioned OK, but I can just imagine the pattern they are throwing if they are built like the 7.62X39 rifles. IMO, you buy junk, you get exactly what you paid for. JUNK.

A guy at our club shoots skeet with a Saiga. And is pretty damned good

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bush did the 1989 ban on self loading rifles or Bush did the 2005 ban on imported parts.

Is an AK not a self loading rifle? Also is it not imported and could be taken apart for parts? Why would Obama ban an item that Bush already Banned? Inquiring minds and all of that. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If we let him ban this, what will he ban next? Do you see the problem when a president writes his own laws?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (16gage, 160user, 1Longbow, 1234, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 53 invisible), 2,469 guests, and 1,223 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,427
Posts18,470,733
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.