Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Spent the day yesterday shopping for new work boots. Needed a strong sole for jumping on shovels, hopefully not too hot, since we run over 100 degrees here alot in summer. Been buying $100 day hikers called Merrill Ventilators, due to excellent ventilation and cooling, but they last about 30 days under hard use.

Shopped 6 different shops from small to large, outdoors outfitters to logging supplies. If you want boots made in China, Bang the dish, or Vietnam, I can hook you up. If you want American made, I can't tell you where 1 single pair exists.

They say, "Buy American!". Yeah, would love to. Problem is, I can't!

So if a patriot wants to do the right thing, but corporations won't stock their shelves with American goods, who's to blame for all our dollars ending up in another country rather than supporting families at home?

Who's to blame for the mass exodus of jobs from here to some third world sheithole? Is it the American patriot, or is it the American Traitor, the corporations, whether retail or wholesale, that won't give us a choice?? If I could have found them, I swear I would have gladly paid more for American goods.

I did not.

Last edited by Fireball2; 07/19/14.

LOL
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
When China and/or India collapse our dollar, I'll remember who to thank for making it possible.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Labor Unions is the short answer.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Unionbootpro.com has all the Made in the USA boots a guy could ever need. I have ordered many times in the past through them and been very pleased with Thoroughgood Boots

Buy once, cry once.
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
No American made boots available in the shops I hit.

Kinda hard to buy unfamiliar boots through the mail having no clue how they feel or fit. Now, boots that you buy repeatedly, yes. Otherwise, you're gambling on fit. If they don't fit, you package them up, send them back, try again, and again.

How long you got to buy boots?

LOL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You need to go to a different store, good American boots are made in Oregon by more than one company.

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by GeoW
Labor Unions is the short answer.

Plus exorbitant tax rates, Dimocrap workers who work 50% of their time on the job, kids who can't read, and Dimocraps showing up looking for a way to get hurt and sue.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I'd hate to wear boots from china due to the possibility of carcinogens in the leather.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S

We fight not for glory,nor for wealth,nor honor but only and alone we fight for freedom which no good man surrenders but with his life.
IC B3

I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Check out Whites. They are built in Spokane Wa.
http://www.whitesboots.com/location.php

For over twenty years I chose their lower cost alternative, the Hathorn. I still keep a pair in the closet. When my feet start hurting from wearing light weight boots, I can switch back to the Hathorns for a few days and alleviate the pain.
http://www.whitesboots.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=409

[Linked Image]

I wore them all day every day 365 per year.
Minus fifteen degrees in the winter to 115 degrees in the summer at my work station. Fifty to sixty hours a week on rough concrete floors. The original Vibram sole would last me two years and then I could get another year out of a resole.

In 1985 dollars, $50 boots were destroyed in three months. $100 boots would last six months. The Hathorns were the most inexpensive boots I ever found.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whites, Danner, Nicks, WESCO, Hoffmans, and more.
Hawthorne is a damn good boot for the money.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH

Not available at the stores we shopped. With the exception of Danners, which, IIRC from prior campfire threads, are not all made in USA.
At any rate, I did buy Danners a few times in the past, as have a couple buddies, and we all moved on. I quit wearing them as hunting boots because they squeaked, which wouldn't be as big a deal for workboots as it was for hunting boots.

LOL
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Methinks the problem isn't that there aren't American made boots, it's that you aren't shopping in the right places.

I guess one could go to McDonalds and Burger King in search of a kobe filet.....

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
The manufactures websites will easily lead you to a dealer.

Whites and Hathorns are sold universally through the Pacific North West.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Originally Posted by 700LH

Not available at the stores we shopped. With the exception of Danners, which, IIRC from prior campfire threads, are not all made in USA.
At any rate, I did buy Danners a few times in the past, as have a couple buddies, and we all moved on. I quit wearing them as hunting boots because they squeaked, which wouldn't be as big a deal for workboots as it was for hunting boots.

Don't know if there is a Murdochs near you but they carried Whites and Hawthornes.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Methinks the problem isn't that there aren't American made boots, it's that you aren't shopping in the right places.

I guess one could go to McDonalds and Burger King in search of a kobe filet.....

Not sure what that's about. I didn't have any pre-conceived plans of shopping at the McDonalds of shoes stores, and when I was looking at $300 hikers I was pretty sure I wasn't in Kansas anymore.

The American made shoes just weren't on the shelves of any of the shops I went to.

LOL
I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
LL bean makes excellent boots and they have an unconditional lifetime warranty.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I don't know about LL Bean's boots, but I know their jeans used to be made in the USA and then they came from Mexico.

My point being that things change, and you need to check out the current situation.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Fireball2
No American made boots available in the shops I hit.

Kinda hard to buy unfamiliar boots through the mail having no clue how they feel or fit. Now, boots that you buy repeatedly, yes. Otherwise, you're gambling on fit. If they don't fit, you package them up, send them back, try again, and again.

How long you got to buy boots?

Red Wings are still made in Good Ol Red Wing MN...

How about Danner's over at the Big R in White City? or did they sell out to overseas also?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 10ring1, 57 invisible), 2,102 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,086
Posts18,521,930
Members74,024
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.