Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
link to story
Thursday
A bewildering day. The Russians shot down a Malaysian Airlines Boeing777, killing roughly 300 men, women, children and infants on board. They shot it down over eastern Ukraine, basically by accident, but by the kind of accident that shows such extreme contempt for life that it would be considered a crime in any country.

There is no doubt that the Russian-controlled, Russian-armed �pro-separatists� shot down the plane with a Russian-supplied super capable SA-11 �Gadfly� anti-aircraft missile. It could not have been anyone else, unless it was the Russian army on Russian soil. Only the Russian proxy army has the SA-11 and the motive to shoot down planes over the Ukraine. Obviously, the Ukrainians would not do it. What would be their motive?

But the reckless, contemptuous Russian �rebels� have the motive � shoot down planes over Ukraine � and this part is perfect: They are on the record in phone intercepts saying they did it.

The Kiev government recorded them and if the Kiev government recorded it, the NSA must have it in 5.1 channel stereo.

So, what does the nerviest, most contemptuous man on this earth do when he learns about the murders? Mr. Vladimir Putin calls his pal, Barack Obama, and says, �There�s been a terrible accident. Let�s try to figure it out.� Putin knows that Obama is so weak, so used to being used and abused by Putin, that he�ll just wag his tail and bow with happiness that Putin actually called him.

Instead of saying, �You idiot. You gave arms to other idiots who used them to kill innocent Dutch children. You�ll pay for this,� Obama says he�ll work with the Russians to figure out what happened.

BUT�AGAIN�OBAMA KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED!!!! Everyone knows what happened. This is getting more and more pitiful by the day. I don�t see that we should fight in Ukraine. But something other than fawning by Obama was called for. Isn�t Obama embarrassed that Putin has just told the world, �Look, Obama is so weak and stupid I can lie to his face and get away with it�? I guess not.

And this man is our PRESIDENT!!!!

Sam......

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
So impeach the SOB

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
nah, Boehner does not think that is a good idea. He got that thought from his buddy Harry Reid.

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
good to note someone other than me reads the american spectator.
I have always loved ben Stein.. lawyer, actor, economist, neurotic and a decent guy.
Usually spot on with his observations as he travels the country. I always read him first.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Good find Mannlicher. Ronin, I too love Ben Stein (but be careful, he's Jewish; the Storm Fronters here might not approve. wink.)

Here's the full article. Stein is a great wordsmith.

Thursday
A bewildering day. The Russians shot down a Malaysian Airlines Boeing777, killing roughly 300 men, women, children and infants on board. They shot it down over eastern Ukraine, basically by accident, but by the kind of accident that shows such extreme contempt for life that it would be considered a crime in any country.

There is no doubt that the Russian-controlled, Russian-armed �pro-separatists� shot down the plane with a Russian-supplied super capable SA-11 �Gadfly� anti-aircraft missile. It could not have been anyone else, unless it was the Russian army on Russian soil. Only the Russian proxy army has the SA-11 and the motive to shoot down planes over the Ukraine. Obviously, the Ukrainians would not do it. What would be their motive?

But the reckless, contemptuous Russian �rebels� have the motive � shoot down planes over Ukraine � and this part is perfect: They are on the record in phone intercepts saying they did it.

The Kiev government recorded them and if the Kiev government recorded it, the NSA must have it in 5.1 channel stereo.

So, what does the nerviest, most contemptuous man on this earth do when he learns about the murders? Mr. Vladimir Putin calls his pal, Barack Obama, and says, �There�s been a terrible accident. Let�s try to figure it out.� Putin knows that Obama is so weak, so used to being used and abused by Putin, that he�ll just wag his tail and bow with happiness that Putin actually called him.

Instead of saying, �You idiot. You gave arms to other idiots who used them to kill innocent Dutch children. You�ll pay for this,� Obama says he�ll work with the Russians to figure out what happened.

BUT�AGAIN�OBAMA KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED!!!! Everyone knows what happened. This is getting more and more pitiful by the day. I don�t see that we should fight in Ukraine. But something other than fawning by Obama was called for. Isn�t Obama embarrassed that Putin has just told the world, �Look, Obama is so weak and stupid I can lie to his face and get away with it�? I guess not.

And this man is our PRESIDENT!!!!

Now, let�s turn to CNN. Tonight, as I unpacked. I watched a woman report from Jerusalem on the fighting between Hamas and Israel. The key fact, she said, the basic bedrock of this problem, is that �56,000 Palestinian children� have been traumatized by this fighting and will need �psychosocial help.� (By the way, �56,000� not �57,000� or �55,000�? When an absurdly precise figure is given in the news, it�s always made up, as about �the main point.�)

Really? That�s the main point? So, does that mean that the main point of World War II was that millions of Germans were traumatized by Allied terror raids? Or that the main point of the war in the Pacific was that millions of Japanese families were traumatized by the bombing of Japan? The main points were not about aggression and the Holocaust and the murders of millions of civilians by the Nazis and the Japanese?

Maybe the main point of Gaza is that Hamas never wanted peace, has used every nickel it could get from the Gulf States to buy weapons of death to kill Israeli children and that Israel every so often has to defend itself. Maybe the main point is that Hamas started this terror campaign against Israel, has refused a ceasefire, and exists only to kill Jews. Maybe the main point is that too many people consider it shameful when Jews defend themselves and that Israel should ignore these people.

It is too sad that people die in wars. It is horrible that the Gazans are run by a government that has no interest in keeping them alive and well. But the main point is that someone, somewhere in the Western world is taking a stand against terror. As usual, that someone is Israel. The �effete corps of impudent snobs� (great Agnew phrase) at the BBC will never get it. The most self-hating newspaper in the U.S., the New York Times, will never get it. But Netanyahu gets it and it�s a shame he can�t run on the GOP ballot in 2016.

Anyway, I am back in Sandpoint. It is smoky here from fires near Wenatchee. But, it�s fine. I�m happy with Idaho, but as far away as I try to get from Gaza, it�s never far enough. Gaza has become a metaphor for evil in Palestine and in the media. It follows us all, wherever there is media.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
IC B2

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
There's at least one lie contained in the essay.

The Ukraine military absolutely *does* have the ability to engage targets flying at the altitude the airliner was. In fact, the Ukraine military has SAM's that are effective to an altitude of 82,000 feet.

Taking that into consideration, it's obvious that Stein's piece is just another propaganda job.

,..but there's nothing surprising about that.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
lie? Maybe a fact that does not agree with your supposed 'intel', but lie?

Sam......

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
No,...it's a lie.

High altitude SAM's are rather passe' these days.

Any half ass military has the ability to knock down an airliner flying at 35,000 feet.

Anyone who claims otherwise is catering to the stupid.

Like I told you yesterday.

Don't be stupid.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Anybody that doesn't think it was the ukranian separatists that shot down the plane (in a case of mistaken identity) is a MORON.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
IC B3

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Why is some chitbird who made his bone doing "B" movies involved in U.S. foreign policy?

Is that what's it's come to?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Oh Ben pretty much has it right.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine

Those kids reminds of my economics instructor in college. He said he always knew when he lost the class because the students had a 30 yard stare in a 15 yard room. grin

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Why is some chitbird who made his bone doing "B" movies involved in U.S. foreign policy?

Not a fan of the late Ronald Reagan?

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
There's at least one lie contained in the essay.

The Ukraine military absolutely *does* have the ability to engage targets flying at the altitude the airliner was. In fact, the Ukraine military has SAM's that are effective to an altitude of 82,000 feet.

Taking that into consideration, it's obvious that Stein's piece is just another propaganda job.

,..but there's nothing surprising about that.

Are you a complete dolt? Stein never said otherwise. The piece is a commentary on the insanity (and inanity) of Obama's foreign policy, pointing out the simple fact that it's reached the point of undeniable absurdity. If you're offended by an attack on the idiocy of Obama, then you're frequenting the wrong forum.

Last edited by RobJordan; 07/20/14.

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R

Stein is not involved in U.s foreign policy you [bleep] dolt! He's a columnist for Am Spec. Do you even know how to ready? Serious, your ignorance is beyond embarrassing.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
He is certainly MORE qualified than the present marxist in the WH. OH! I forgot, he's one of "them joooos!"

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jorgeI
He is certainly MORE qualified than the present marxist in the WH. OH! I forgot, he's one of "them joooos!"

I think you hit the nail on the head there Jorge. Stein's a Jew, therefore, when he announces that 2 + 2 = 4 Bristoe is forced to conclude Stein obviously does not know math. Seriously though, what kind of ignorance moves one to think that a journalist writing a magazine column is "involved in U.S. foreign policy"? blush Are you frigging kidding me?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RobJordan
Seriously though, what kind of ignorance moves one to think that a journalist writing a magazine column is "involved in U.S. foreign policy"? blush Are you frigging kidding me?

Hammer. Nail. Head.

Even if the Ukraines do have the ability to shoot down an airliner, the argument cannot be discredited when on every basis we know who did this. And it could not be clearer to the Constitutional-scholar-Nobel-Prize-winner-foreign-policy-just-talk-nice-and-we'll-have-peacenik in the White House. We might be in a worse situation right now than if we didn't have a President.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

372 members (160user, 1Longbow, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 17CalFan, 32 invisible), 2,003 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,373
Posts18,488,422
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.