Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Last edited by eyeball; 07/21/14.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Theres gonna be Breed Specific Legislation whether the Pit Bull lovers like it or not�.

You can't fix stupid, and theres too many stupid people buying and owning pit bulls to make themselves look like bad asses, then mistreating the dogs to make them act like bad asses...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yep..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
and a Staffordshire kills a 7 month old baby in Ohio

link to story

Last edited by Mannlicher; 07/21/14.

Sam......

IC B2

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
When children drown in buckets of water (something that happens each year with considerably greater frequency than childhood deaths from Pitbull attacks) it rarely if ever makes national news. Smells of an agenda.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Smells of an agenda.

If there wasn't a problem, what's the agenda?
Who(m) or what would benefit from any action?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

Waterboarding isn't illegal if you use diesel

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
When will people learn about these breeds? Like Ingwe said "to many stupid people"

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by ingwe
Theres gonna be Breed Specific Legislation whether the Pit Bull lovers like it or not�.

You can't fix stupid, and theres too many stupid people buying and owning pit bulls to make themselves look like bad asses, then mistreating the dogs to make them act like bad asses...

stupid works for me. People buy or get hot breeds of dogs with no understanding of the breed, then wonder why the dog chews the leg off somebody.
I refuse to just generally accept the statement "it's a good dog." Not unless proven to me.
I have mostly had a multitude of goldens, which are NOT quite as passive in all cases as people assume they are. My last pup the princess, is a golden. However, I came real close to buying what i really wanted from a breeder not far from me, a czech border patrol german sheppard. Amond other things it would be nice to have a member of the family speaking czech. I didn't, not because I didn't want the breed, but was unsure about people around me intermixing with the type of dog.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
When children drown in buckets of water (something that happens each year with considerably greater frequency than childhood deaths from Pitbull attacks) it rarely if ever makes national news. Smells of an agenda.

If so TRH, why wouldn't folks pick chows or beagles?

3 kids died in one weekend due to terriers.

IC B3

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The problem is who owns the dogs. If you look at bite stats over the years you will see an exact parallel between the growth in popularity of Pitbulls amongst the gangsta black subculture with the increase in the number of attacks by Pitbulls. That community discovered the breed in the early 1990s with the publishing of a book on the fighting dog breeds (The World Of Fighting Dogs), the first of its kind in the US (I used to shoot with the author). The breed's popularity in that community took off like wildfire thereafter. Likewise dog bites by Pitbulls.

Prior to the 1990s, few people even knew the breed existed, let alone ever heard of one biting anyone, because it just never or hardly ever happened.

Outlaw Pitbulls and these folks will get themselves Rottweilers and then it will be the Rottweilers that everybody is complaining about. Outlaw Rottweilers, and these folks will get themselves some Boxers, and it will be Boxers everybody is complaining about. The stats are due to which segment of the population tends to own the breed.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Can we outlaw pitbulls if they put saggy pants on them? whistle

Roy

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
TRH is right about this. YOu guys who want pitbulls outlawed sound strangely like those who would outlaw guns. As popular as pitbulls are, the number of attacks reported is surprisingly low. Of all the dog-attack related human injuries I am personally aware of (and that is quite a few), not one of them was a pitbull. Been around quite a few pits over the years (including the one I had, which was a cream-puff), and never saw cause to be worried. OTOH - we had a GSD in the neighborhood that was dangerous to have around, and it ended up being given the choice between the gas chamber or accepting a job as a perimeter guard at the state pen.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

When a kid drowns in a bucket of water, while it may have a certain element of negligence, it is nowhere near the negligence shown by someone that mixes Pit Bulls, and other vicious breeds, with small children. All animals are unpredictable to a point, but, with Pit Bulls, an attack is much more common than, with say, a Yellow Lab. A lot of attacks may be due to how the dog was raised, but some are simply due to the nature of the breed. Once my kids are all grown, I wouldn't hesitate to own one. Until then? Not a chance.

Last edited by HilhamHawk; 07/21/14.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
...a book on the fighting dog breeds (The World Of Fighting Dogs), the first of its kind in the US (I used to shoot with the author).

That would be Carl Semencic, author not only of The World of Fighting Dogs, but also Pit Bulls & Tenacious Guard Dogs, and his most recent book, Gladiator Dogs.

http://www.amazon.com/Gladiator-Dogs-Carl-Semencic/dp/0615850243

Who is Carl Semencic?

Discussion about him, here. http://dogocanarioclub.us/forum/index.php?topic=2913

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by FreeMe
YOu guys who want pitbulls outlawed sound strangely like those who would outlaw guns.

Haven't read many news reports of guns jumping from a gun cabinet or gun safe, running across the yard and shooting anyone.
So not really the same, agreed?

Roy

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
TRH is right about this. YOu guys who want pitbulls outlawed sound strangely like those who would outlaw guns. As popular as pitbulls are, the number of attacks reported is surprisingly low. Of all the dog-attack related human injuries I am personally aware of (and that is quite a few), not one of them was a pitbull. Been around quite a few pits over the years (including the one I had, which was a cream-puff), and never saw cause to be worried. OTOH - we had a GSD in the neighborhood that was dangerous to have around, and it ended up being given the choice between the gas chamber or accepting a job as a perimeter guard at the state pen.

Some would make the distinction between a dog biting and a killer dogs maiming- if they were still alive.

The problem isn't who owns the dogs when the dogs are labs or hounds or pointers, or poodles or collies, are they?

Only a few types of dogs require "with it owners".

Problem is, those owners aren't required.

Give a thousand high schoolers ford pickups and a thousand kids corvettes. After a while, it will be found the corvette is, in common terms, more dangerous. Of course, some would say the kids driving the vetts are more dangerous. I suppose a thousand kids with pits would thus be deemed more dangerous than a thousand kids with Pomeranians, even if the kids having the dogs were drawn at random.

So, it would actually be the breed of dog that was making the pit owners more dangerous. Thus, if the pits were dead, their owners wouldn't be more dangerous, and many innocents would be saved, just as if tons of kids weren't given corvettes . wink

Last edited by eyeball; 07/21/14.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
YOu guys who want pitbulls outlawed sound strangely like those who would outlaw guns.

Haven't read many news reports of guns jumping from a gun cabinet or gun safe, running across the yard and shooting anyone.
So not really the same, agreed?

Of course it's not the same. But put the gun in the hands of someone with a juvenile mentality, and the results can be the same or worse. See the way the argument goes?

Any large dog can be a physical threat. So we ban one or two breeds, thinking that we have made people safer? You don't see the relation to gun control fanatics?

In the meantime, the real problem goes on.....

E
eyeball Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I admit that immunizations may harm some, but they protect a lot more. More people are saved. Without pits, more people would be saved. Without guns there would be many hundreds of thousands of physical assaults, and studies indicate many more would die without their use than who do because of their use.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by eyeball
I admit that immunizations may harm some, but they protect a lot more. More people are saved. Without pits, more people would be saved. Without guns there would be many hundreds of thousands of physical assaults, and studies indicate many more would die without their use than who do because of their use.

I guess I'm not getting the connection between pit bulls and immunizations.....

So - you don't think there are a lot of pit bulls giving protection to their owners, without ever firing a shot - just like guns? No family has been kept safe by the mere presence of a pitbull?

I used to have one of the "dangerous breeds". While I lived in town and had a job that kept me away from home a great deal, mine was the only house in the neighborhood that never had a burglary during that time (previous owner was burglarized). My family found that quite comforting....and yet, that dog never bit anyone.

Last edited by FreeMe; 07/21/14.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

448 members (219 Wasp, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 1Longbow, 16penny, 16gage, 51 invisible), 2,542 guests, and 1,252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,831
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.