Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Whao Whao, you mean there aint no bigfoot?

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Originally Posted by Remington6MM
Whao Whao, you mean there aint no bigfoot?

There was one running around in the Green Swamp several decades ago. I have a T shirt to prove it.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by second law of thermodynamics
�The second law of thermodynamics says that the entropy of any isolated system not in thermal equilibrium almost always increases

The earth is not an isolated system. The sun continues to shine upon us every day.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah, that "closed system" thing keeps getting missed by the folks using it as an apology for creationism.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Everyday Hunter
They're still wrestling with how second law of thermodynamics and the theory of evolution can both be true at the same time. The answer is in what they're named -- a law and a theory. It may be a convincing theory, but it is still a theory and will remain a theory simply because it cannot be observed or tested.

That "life comes from life" is plain enough, evidenced by the fact that some theorize life on earth came from somewhere in space. If life elsewhere is discovered, then we'll get around to asking how it got there.

Now to your point -- I don't think "life comes from life" is an original thought with you. Moses seemed pretty sure of it.

Steve.

We are all children of star dust. Of course, I don't expect Bible Believers to understand science.

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by gitem_12
I'm just wondering why they don't sell beer in packs bigger than 30

To keep cops like you from going over the edge!!!! laugh laugh laugh

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Yet 3 out of 10 people believe in Bigfoot.

...and a 6k year old terra firma!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Ringman
Do a little research outside the bible for a change.

Are you agreeing with me that I found the First and Second Laws and now a Third by studying God's Word? Sounds like it.

Hardly.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Astrobiologists are convinced they'll find life out there somewhere. However...
The least complicated single cell organism is so vastly complicated that the chances of all the molecules for it's existence being in the same place at the same time is one in billions, and that's not counting bringing it to life. The odds of it happening twice on 2 different planets is one in billions squared - a number so incredibly small that it's virtually impossible to happen. Getting them both to live is ludicrous.

Seeing as how infinite the universe is and the trillions and trillions and trillions of galaxies out there and the fact that we have a hard to getting out of the Milky Way galaxy it's not surprising that life has been found yet but who is to say what constitutes life. It's impossible to believe that we are the only planet in the infinite universe to support some type of life. Heck, it took billions of years for life on this planet to get to where it is today.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Sean
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by derby_dude
They're still wrestling with how second law of thermodynamics and the theory of evolution can both be true at the same time. The answer is in what they're named -- a law and a theory. It may be a convincing theory, but it is still a theory and will remain a theory simply because it cannot be observed or tested.

That "life comes from life" is plain enough, evidenced by the fact that some theorize life on earth came from somewhere in space. If life elsewhere is discovered, then we'll get around to asking how it got there.

Now to your point -- I don't think "life comes from life" is an original thought with you. Moses seemed pretty sure of it.

Steve.

We are all children of star dust. Of course, I don't expect Bible Believers to understand science.

You're kidding, right?
1. There are plenty of Bible believers who understand science as well as the next guy. That's been true ever since the scientific age began.
2. Star dust? There's life in star dust? And you question a Bible believer's grasp of science?
3. So let's assume we all got here from somewhere else -- exactly what question does that answer?

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Ringman Online Content OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

My paper is titled "Original thoughts and observations". My "discovery" today was an observation, not an original thought.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You're kidding, right?
1. There are plenty of Bible believers who understand science as well as the next guy. That's been true ever since the scientific age began.
2. Star dust? There's life in star dust? And you question a Bible believer's grasp of science?
3. So let's assume we all got here from somewhere else -- exactly what question does that answer?

Steve.

The building blocks of life. Exploding stars is the beginning of new life. We all come from the stars.

Where the the soul and spirit comes from is in the realm of theology not science.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by derby_dude

Steve.

You're kidding, right?

Steve.

So I take it you don't understand the origin of elements heavier then lithium?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

My paper is titled "Original thoughts and observations". My "discovery" today was an observation, not an original thought.

I hope you are not expecting an A+ on that paper!!!!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Scott_Thornley

Got there before me (thanks Thermo 302!) Though I do believe the 3rd law should state absolute zero, to reduce confusion...

I can think of 4. smile

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
The least complicated single cell organism is so vastly complicated that the chances of all the molecules for it's existence being in the same place at the same time is one in billions, and that's not counting bringing it to life. The odds of it happening twice on 2 different planets is one in billions squared - a number so incredibly small that it's virtually impossible to happen. Getting them both to live is ludicrous.

Not really.

What are you made of?

We are mostly oxygen, carbon, hydrogen, nitrogen.

And what are the most common non-inert elements in the universe?

hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen, carbon.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Every year scores, maybe hundreds, of biochemist and there students try to generate life in a test tube and fail. They have been attempting this at least since the 1950�s when I first read about it. Maybe even prior to that. What else could the reasonalbe person conclude from these decades of failures except life come from life?

Have you given any consideration to the possibility that the correct primordial ingredients and conditions have yet to be determined?

That would explain your 'observation'.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

I gotta know. Tell me how inert elements become ert. We all gotta know.

Steve.

"I was a deerhunter long before I was a man." ~Gene Wensel's Come November (2000)
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user." ~Theodore Roosevelt
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Not really.

What are you made of?

Wow! What a coinkydink.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

529 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 222Sako, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 62 invisible), 1,738 guests, and 1,238 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,124
Posts18,523,002
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.