Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by sherp

What political office do you hold since you simultaneously call the information a fallacy while you aren't saying it is wrong? You got backed in to a corner and you started the Clinton double speak I see.

Do you not understand the difference between a logical fallacy and "wrong"? You need some remedial education. Get out your google-fu and get to work.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fallacy

fal�la�cy
noun \fa-lə-sē\
: the quality of being false or wrong

So what is your next bullshit move? Will you admit you made a:
mis�take verb \mə-stāk\ : to understand (something or someone) incorrectly : to make a wrong

or will you just flat out lie your teeth out now if you weren't already?

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

It wold be interesting to see who and where all the members are, but that does not seem to be available.

HQ is in Virginia

Unless I missed any, there have been 2 non-USA presidents(Canadians) of the IACP since 1893:

http://www.theiacp.org/IACP-Past-Presidents

Current board is almost entirely USA except for "International Vice President Chief Superintendent Barbara Fleury" from Canada.

http://www.theiacp.org/Governing-Body

Executive Staff is all USA:

http://www.theiacp.org/Executive-Staff

Looks to be mostly USA cops with the International part just tossed in as a token.

You do not understand that "members" means everyone - not just the officers? Or are you just being obtuse?

It was founded by USA police and it is, and always has been, composed mainly by, of, and for USA police.

Looks like you just answered the question I posed in the last post too.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

What political office do you hold since you simultaneously call the information a fallacy while you aren't saying it is wrong? You got backed in to a corner and you started the Clinton double speak I see.

Do you not understand the difference between a logical fallacy and "wrong"? You need some remedial education. Get out your google-fu and get to work.

fal�la�cy
noun \fa-lə-sē\

mis�take verb \mə-stāk\ : to understand (something or someone) incorrectly : to make a wrong

that was about the weakest, lamest, attempt at google-fu I have ever seen.

Let me help you out....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rhetological-fallacies/

There will be a test in the morning....

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

It wold be interesting to see who and where all the members are, but that does not seem to be available.

HQ is in Virginia

Unless I missed any, there have been 2 non-USA presidents(Canadians) of the IACP since 1893:

http://www.theiacp.org/IACP-Past-Presidents

Current board is almost entirely USA except for "International Vice President Chief Superintendent Barbara Fleury" from Canada.

http://www.theiacp.org/Governing-Body

Executive Staff is all USA:

http://www.theiacp.org/Executive-Staff

Looks to be mostly USA cops with the International part just tossed in as a token.

You do not understand that "members" means everyone - not just the officers? Or are you just being obtuse?

It was founded by USA police and it is, and always has been, composed mainly by, of, and for USA police.

Looks like you just answered the question I posed in the last post too.

Show me who the members are now. I'm dying to know.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

fal�la�cy
noun \fa-lə-sē\

that was about the weakest, lamest, attempt at google-fu I have ever seen.

Let me help you out....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fallacies

http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/visualizations/rhetological-fallacies/

There will be a test in the morning....

Oh yeah, use Wikipedia where any idiot can modify it at will. Hell with Merriam Websters as a resource. They have only been cranking out dictionaries for close to 2 centures now so we really should use you and your agenda as a resource on the English language instead.

Last edited by sherp; 07/24/14.

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
FreeMe,

Ask him if he's a Green Beret.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Show me who the members are now. I'm dying to know.

Show us a complete member list of The National Association of Chiefs of Police since you support their views on limiting who may own firearms.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
FreeMe,

Ask him if he's a Green Beret.

Travis

I am not. Are you still a member of the Log Cabin Republicans?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Oh yeah, use Wikipedia where any idiot can modify it at will. Hell with Merriam Websters as a resource. They have only been cranking out dictionaries for close to 2 centures now so we really should use you and your agenda as a resource on the English language instead.

Didn't bother to look at it, did ya? I gave you two references, of which one was wiki - and the info there was likely cut & paste from another source. It's pretty commonly available all over the place if you look with intent to learn. But you instead just resort to another logical fallacy to bolster your argument.....and your subsequent posts do the same.

I lied about the test. The test is already in progress. Lots of time for you to score 100% before morning. Gotta go. See ya.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
You should see a page with sherp and sookie having an arguement. It's as close to a blank page as you can get.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.
link to story
Police chiefs in Massachusetts are blasting state lawmakers for shooting down a provision that would have given them sole discretion over who can get rifle or shotgun permits.

The Bay State, which has some of the nation's toughest gun laws, has long left it up to a community's top cop to sign off on handgun permits. Lawmakers were considering extending that to include the Firearms Identification Card, or FID, needed to possess long guns. But lawmakers, leery of the constitutionality of the law, which critics say can result in law-abiding citizens being denied their Second Amendment rights, have stripped a proposed bill of that provision. This week, police chiefs from throughout the state and gun control advocates converged on the Statehouse in Boston to blast state senators for removing the provision.

�Our position is really very, very simple,� said Wayne Sampson, executive director of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association. �We, as an association, believe that it�s unconscionable that if we determine a person is unsuitable to carry a handgun, that they can then turn around and apply for a Firearms Identification Card, which allows them, by law, to purchase rifles and shotguns. And there�s no way we can impose any restrictions on that. It just doesn�t make sense.�

and as always, more at the link..........

I haven't read this entire thread.

I just want to say this , The state of North Carolina has for years (since 1919) had a law that you have to ask permission of the head law enforcement officer of your county (county sheriff) to buy a handgun (Pistol Purchase Permit)

This is nothing but a Jim Crow era law.

In 2013 the PPP law was up for REPEAL.

The repeal of the NC PPP law failed at least in part because it was opposed by a small handful of very influential REPUBLICAN sheriffs.

Those sheriffs that opposed the repeal did not do so because of any concerns for "public safety" , but because THEY DID NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH THAT POWER over their constituents.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Hate to break it to you, but location, department, and second amendment aside.... none of all that matters! No cop is your friend period!

Phil

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Didn't bother to look at it, did ya? I gave you two references, of which one was wiki - and the info there was likely cut & paste from another source. It's pretty commonly available all over the place if you look with intent to learn. But you instead just resort to another logical fallacy to bolster your argument.....and your subsequent posts do the same.

I lied about the test. The test is already in progress. Lots of time for you to score 100% before morning. Gotta go. See ya.

We already determined you were lying. When you berate someone and tell them to look up a definition and then claim Webster's isn't good enough, do we really need to know anything else about how you like to carry on conversations and debates?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.
link to story
Police chiefs in Massachusetts are blasting state lawmakers for shooting down a provision that would have given them sole discretion over who can get rifle or shotgun permits.

The Bay State, which has some of the nation's toughest gun laws, has long left it up to a community's top cop to sign off on handgun permits. Lawmakers were considering extending that to include the Firearms Identification Card, or FID, needed to possess long guns. But lawmakers, leery of the constitutionality of the law, which critics say can result in law-abiding citizens being denied their Second Amendment rights, have stripped a proposed bill of that provision. This week, police chiefs from throughout the state and gun control advocates converged on the Statehouse in Boston to blast state senators for removing the provision.

�Our position is really very, very simple,� said Wayne Sampson, executive director of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association. �We, as an association, believe that it�s unconscionable that if we determine a person is unsuitable to carry a handgun, that they can then turn around and apply for a Firearms Identification Card, which allows them, by law, to purchase rifles and shotguns. And there�s no way we can impose any restrictions on that. It just doesn�t make sense.�

and as always, more at the link..........

I haven't read this entire thread.

I just want to say this , The state of North Carolina has for years (since 1919) had a law that you have to ask permission of the head law enforcement officer of your county (county sheriff) to buy a handgun (Pistol Purchase Permit)

This is nothing but a Jim Crow era law.

In 2013 the PPP law was up for REPEAL.

The repeal of the NC PPP law failed at least in part because it was opposed by a small handful of very influential REPUBLICAN sheriffs.

Those sheriffs that opposed the repeal did not do so because of any concerns for "public safety" , but because THEY DID NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH THAT POWER over their constituents.

Mike

Nothing wrong with that and since Republicans were pushing it Conservatives can support it.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bea175
at the moment there are no electable Republicans

or rather, no Republicans I would want to vote for, as all the prominent ones are RINOS.

Sam......

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Mass cops showed what they were all about during the marathon bombing,

They sure the hell did! They thought they were real badasses didn't they.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Hate to break it to you, but location, department, and second amendment aside.... none of all that matters! No cop is your friend period!

Phil

I am a cop. I have plenty of friends, many I've met at CF gatherings. I would say your premise is false.

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by NH K9

Phil

I am a cop. I have plenty of friends, many I've met at CF gatherings. I would say your premise is false.

George

I would say the premise is false too. Im one of the folks George mentioned...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bea175
at the moment there are no electable Republicans

or rather, no Republicans I would want to vote for, as all the prominent ones are RINOS.

The only RINO in recent memory was Ron Paul and he was not electable.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9

Phil

George

A bit different when they are buying you dinner or something, but as T. Lee posted an article in another thread the average civilian is a terrorist or gang member in tehe eyes of police officers.

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

532 members (007FJ, 01Foreman400, 10ring1, 1234, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 65 invisible), 2,414 guests, and 1,373 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,162
Posts18,484,348
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.