Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I had to put my 13 year old black lab down today. That marked the end of 31 years of Lab ownership without a break. I don't have a dog at all now and I just don't think I can get another one. Each time one dies it seems to hurt worse and worse and this one is real bad. I don't think I can go through it again. They're wonderful but they just don't live long enough.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We put ours down several years ago and have not gotten another. Sorry for your loss.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm sorry for your loss and the pain that goes along with it. Been through it many times and it's never easy.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Sorry for your loss.

Last edited by Swifty52; 07/24/14.

Swifty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A hard day. Like loosing family. Sorry for your lose.

"Americans have the right and advantage of being armed-unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sincere condolences, Mike.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Same here, Mike.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, and we can fully relate as we put our terrier of about 14 years down recently. In the final days we were essentially caring for an invalid that was unhappy with her slip ups. That being, a lot of time has been freed up.

Still miss her severely though, and I know what's on Cookie's mind when I hear background sniffling. Takes her a couple years to vacate the pain. Saw her sitting by the little grave a couple days ago.

We might go without as well.

All dogs go to Heaven,

Last edited by 1minute; 07/24/14.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks guys. The famous African PH JA Hunter said in his book 'Hunter' that "he wasn't sure if the pleasures of dog ownership were worth the pain caused by their deaths". I fully understand that statement.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I feel your pain Brother.I hope your Bud RIP.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
I am sorry for your loss. It never is easy. Unfortunately I have been down that road before.

T
tjk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I had to put my 12 year old yellow lab down many years ago. Couldn't bring myself to get another real soon. Also9 was going through a major life change; school, new occupation, being prepared to move to where jobs were, living in a city for 3 years. Finally got fed up with city life and looked for a dog friendly place for a few years; one of the requisites for whatever I bought was it had to be a decent place to have a dog. Found such a place, still took me several years to get a dog, but I got a black lab 6 years ago after 20 years without a dog. Still hard to believe how happy I am that I got another, and he's 8 years now and know I'll feel the same as you in a few years. Never say you'll never get another; when/if the time is right will be when to start looking. Sincere condolences on your loss.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I feel the same way. The last dog was the best ever. Only ten years....FAR too short a time with such a wonderful friend. I just can't take it anymore....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So sorry for your loss. Darn dogs just rip a hole in your heart.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
So sorry for your loss. Darn dogs just rip a hole in your heart.

Indeed they do.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
moosemike,

I am so sorry. I have deep empathy for you.

Dogs are the only pets that love us more than themselves, which is why they'll willing risk their lives to save ours.

Our dog is spoiled. He's treated like a member of our family, and he is. He is well loved, and he loves us. I hope to God I never have to put him down. I can tell you right now that I could never do it. Were his health such that continued life would be continued misery, I'd take him to a vet, say a very long goodbye, and hope that that vet's assistant holds him while he's off to where dogs go when they leave our world.

moosemike, you have my deep and sincere empathy and sympathy.

�If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.�
***US President James Madison***
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SansSouci
moosemike,

I am so sorry. I have deep empathy for you.

Dogs are the only pets that love us more than themselves, which is why they'll willing risk their lives to save ours.

Our dog is spoiled. He's treated like a member of our family, and he is. He is well loved, and he loves us. I hope to God I never have to put him down. I can tell you right now that I could never do it. Were his health such that continued life would be continued misery, I'd take him to a vet, say a very long goodbye, and hope that that vet's assistant holds him while he's off to where dogs go when they leave our world.

moosemike, you have my deep and sincere empathy and sympathy.

How true!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I lost my chocolate lab, Moose, in 1998. He was 14 and a wonderful friend. I still miss him. I'm sorry for your loss.

μολὼν λαβέ
N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
You have my heartfelt condolences. In two years I've gone from a three dog household to "just" Gipsy. I'm not at a point, yet, that I can bring in a new beagle, so I guess I have some understanding of your feelings.

They always leave a hole.......

George

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Very sorry for your loss Sir, they do leave a big hole in your heart when the leave.

Rainbow Bridge
(Author unknown)
Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been
especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all
of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine
and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or
maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times
gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they each miss someone very
special, someone who was left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the
distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly, he breaks from the
group, flying over the green grass, faster and faster. You have been spotted, and when you and your
special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy
kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into
those trusting eyes, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart. Then you cross the
Rainbow Bridge together...

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

569 members (1936M71, 17CalFan, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 160user, 10gaugemag, 71 invisible), 2,330 guests, and 1,479 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,680
Posts18,493,876
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.