Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Mass cops showed what they were all about during the marathon bombing,

They sure the hell did! They thought they were real badasses didn't they.

Yes they did, they had all those civilians cowering in their homes.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
C'mon......at least come out of your schtick long enough to schit on Romney. Nobody, even in character, can defend R(in)Omney.....

�Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.�
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by 6mm250
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Yeah, I know. The police chiefs in Mass are different than cops everywhere else. Right? Yeah.
link to story
Police chiefs in Massachusetts are blasting state lawmakers for shooting down a provision that would have given them sole discretion over who can get rifle or shotgun permits.

The Bay State, which has some of the nation's toughest gun laws, has long left it up to a community's top cop to sign off on handgun permits. Lawmakers were considering extending that to include the Firearms Identification Card, or FID, needed to possess long guns. But lawmakers, leery of the constitutionality of the law, which critics say can result in law-abiding citizens being denied their Second Amendment rights, have stripped a proposed bill of that provision. This week, police chiefs from throughout the state and gun control advocates converged on the Statehouse in Boston to blast state senators for removing the provision.

�Our position is really very, very simple,� said Wayne Sampson, executive director of the Massachusetts Chiefs of Police Association. �We, as an association, believe that it�s unconscionable that if we determine a person is unsuitable to carry a handgun, that they can then turn around and apply for a Firearms Identification Card, which allows them, by law, to purchase rifles and shotguns. And there�s no way we can impose any restrictions on that. It just doesn�t make sense.�

and as always, more at the link..........

I haven't read this entire thread.

I just want to say this , The state of North Carolina has for years (since 1919) had a law that you have to ask permission of the head law enforcement officer of your county (county sheriff) to buy a handgun (Pistol Purchase Permit)

This is nothing but a Jim Crow era law.

In 2013 the PPP law was up for REPEAL.

The repeal of the NC PPP law failed at least in part because it was opposed by a small handful of very influential REPUBLICAN sheriffs.

Those sheriffs that opposed the repeal did not do so because of any concerns for "public safety" , but because THEY DID NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH THAT POWER over their constituents.

Mike

Missouri had a similar law in place until a few years ago.

Sheriffs did not want the law to go away either. It had nothing to do with power though. Each permit cost $10 and was only good for 30 days. They made piles of money.

Dink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DINK
I haven't read this entire thread.

I just want to say this , The state of North Carolina has for years (since 1919) had a law that you have to ask permission of the head law enforcement officer of your county (county sheriff) to buy a handgun (Pistol Purchase Permit)

This is nothing but a Jim Crow era law.

The repeal of the NC PPP law failed at least in part because it was opposed by a small handful of very influential REPUBLICAN sheriffs.

Those sheriffs that opposed the repeal did not do so because of any concerns for "public safety" , but because THEY DID NOT WANT TO RELINQUISH THAT POWER over their constituents.

Mike

Sheriffs did not want the law to go away either. It had nothing to do with power though. Each permit cost $10 and was only good for 30 days. They made piles of money.

Dink

Money is power.

"My message to my troops is if you see anybody carrying a gun on the streets of Milwaukee, we'll put them on the ground, take the gun away and then decide whether you have a right to carry it." - Milwaukee Police Chief Ed Flynn
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by NH K9
C'mon......at least come out of your schtick long enough to schit on Romney. Nobody, even in character, can defend R(in)Omney.....

I have defended Romney numerous times. Why did you not vote for him?

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Our position is really very, very simple. We do not trust you to be responsible enough to have firearms. We therefore ignore the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Greyghost
Hate to break it to you, but location, department, and second amendment aside.... none of all that matters! No cop is your friend period!

Phil

Maybe not where you live but that sure is not true in my part of the world.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Hate to break it to you, but location, department, and second amendment aside.... none of all that matters! No cop is your friend period!

Phil

I am a cop. I have plenty of friends, many I've met at CF gatherings. I would say your premise is false.

George
George, you may have misunderstood him. I don't think he meant that one couldn't have friends who were cops. He meant that cops, in their capacity as cops, are not your friends if you're not yourself a cop also, or his superior in some sense.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by DINK

Mike

Dink
That's how it works in New York, too.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If you guys want a real chuckle, ask sherp about rifles, handguns, or anything relating to the outdoors.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by deflave
If you guys want a real chuckle, ask sherp about rifles, handguns, or anything relating to the outdoors.

Travis

What would you like to know?

Since the questions you are asking do not pertain to the first post in this thread in any way, why are you trying to obfuscate for the police of Massachusetts? Why are you not proud of the job they are doing and why do you want to lead the focus of the thread away from them?

L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by sherp

Police are not significantly different from one town to the next. That is why even the smallest departments send representative officers around the entire country to attend training events and funerals in order to associate as friends with those other departments.

Get that dick out of your mouth you fuggin' homo.

Travis

Why are you badmouthing me since your state has the kind of police I support(and other conservatives do as well) while you are ashamed of them and claim they are not there at all?

[Linked Image]

One officer out of every 116.4 is involved in police misconduct according to the graph you posted. That's less than 1%. I wonder how that compares to other professions?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LBP
Why are you badmouthing me since your state has the kind of police I support(and other conservatives do as well) while you are ashamed of them and claim they are not there at all?

[Linked Image]

One officer out of every 116.4 is involved in police misconduct according to the graph you posted. That's less than 1%. I wonder how that compares to other professions?

Not sure, but you and I call that "misconduct" pro-active police work. I guarantee you that other occupations lack the camaraderie police have so if they were to do something that bunch calls "misconduct" that their co-workers would not assist them like police do their co-workers.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

Phil

I am a cop. I have plenty of friends, many I've met at CF gatherings. I would say your premise is false.

George

A bit different when they are buying you dinner or something, but as T. Lee posted an article in another thread the average civilian is a terrorist or gang member in tehe eyes of police officers.

Your momma fed you paint chips didn't she?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by gitem_12
A bit different when they are buying you dinner or something, but as T. Lee posted an article in another thread the average civilian is a terrorist or gang member in tehe eyes of police officers.

Your momma fed you paint chips didn't she?

Nope. Why are you badmouthing me for siding with police? I simply noticed how the officer in the article stated their views.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

Mass cops showed what they were all about during the marathon bombing, they showed sheer imcompetence, if it were not for a neighbor tipping them off they still would not have found the lone bomber.

And if it wasn't for the neighbor's liberal wife making him smoke on the back porch the lone bomber would have bled out inside the boat where he was hiding. That would have saved the dwindling working population of Massachusetts another high priced show.

Leave the gun, take the canolis.
L
LBP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by LBP

[Linked Image]

Not sure, but you and I call that "misconduct" pro-active police work. I guarantee you that other occupations lack the camaraderie police have so if they were to do something that bunch calls "misconduct" that their co-workers would not assist them like police do their co-workers.

I don't know about that most professions seem reluctant to point out their colleagues errors. Its just about impossible to get a doctor, priest, lawyer, whatever to say one of their own messed up.

I wonder why police misconduct is always big news?

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's hard to tell the difference between Assachusetts cops and most east-coast cops from the East German Stasi.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Travis

What would you like to know?

Since the questions you are asking do not pertain to the first post in this thread in any way, why are you trying to obfuscate for the police of Massachusetts? Why are you not proud of the job they are doing and why do you want to lead the focus of the thread away from them?

Don't get all misty eyed, sweetheart.

But seriously, type something about firearms or the outdoors so I can have a good chuckle.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by stevelyn
It's hard to tell the difference between Assachusetts cops and most east-coast cops from the East German Stasi.

It's hard to tell most east coast American citizens from the euro-trash that watched the Turd Reich rise to power.

Travis

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (1lesfox, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,504 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,192
Posts18,484,986
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.